• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Trek AXANAR

doubleofive

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I feel bad for those that gave to this project believing it will happen, but I'm not sure how I feel about people who STILL believe this guy who has been lying to them from the beginning. Using their money to build a studio first and THEN making the fan film was decietful and it was right for him to have been sued by CBS as he was practically begging for it.

I saw a tweet where someone the other day said how many more people would have subscribed to CBS All Access to see Axanar than Discovery. Yes, I'm sure people wouldn't have just watched the 90 minutes during a free trial in then cancelled it, if they bothered at all.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Interview with Tony Todd, at 12min10sec he talks about his Axanar experience....

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F50msJgXyLo[/video]

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is time for me to eat crow?

Never thought it would happen.

But Peter's has begun production on PRELUDE... sort of...  it is not the PRELUDE as promised or solicited... and for some reason he is still crowd funding for MORE money... but he is finally filming something.  Two weeks ago, he wrapped on the First Shoot of the production and dropped this one minute teaser the other day...

...and while it is only a few seconds of actual footage, the set, costumes and make up look really good.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Does he think that by taking Star Trek out of the title CBS won't care anymore? He's still using Federation style ships and uniforms and he has TMP/TNG music in the trailer.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
New teaser trailer.  Mostly recycled FX footage that we have already seen but with new voice overs...

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
New-ish trailer...

Basically a re-cut of the original PRELUDE 20 minute short with some new dialogue scenes that were not in the original...

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Apparently this is the final trailer....

...lots and lots of "pew, pew" and recycled footage from Prelude, and I still have no clear idea of story.

But it does look gorgeous!

NOTFLIX

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This project is amazing. When do they release it?

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
NOTFLIX said:
This project is amazing. When do they release it?

LOL!  Good question.  Loaded question too depending on who you ask.   :p

In a few weeks? Months??  YEARS???

The history is too long and sorted to review again.  I would recommend you back through this thread or look up Axanar, as it is quite interestng and controversial.

But I remain hopefull that it will happen this year. :angel:

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought they couldn't release it because it exceeded the time limit for fan films that CBS set.

NOTFLIX

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I knew this project a long time ago and I know it has had a lot of problems, but this new railer makes me think that the release of the movie is (finally) near. I hope so. :)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"DigModiFicaTion"  and @"NOTFLIX" my understanding is the Axanar team has changed the script to meet with the Guidelines, so instead of a 2 hour movie, they are releasing two 15 minute stories.

NOTFLIX

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
@"DigModiFicaTion"  and @"NOTFLIX" my understanding is the Axanar team has changed the script to meet with the Guidelines, so instead of a 2 hour movie, they are releasing two 15 minute stories.

Oooh, that's sad. :(

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Trailer for the independent Axanar spin-off AXANAR INTERLUDE....

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Trailer for the independent Axanar spin-off AXANAR INTERLUDE....

Thank you for reminding me of this project I just rewatched the original prelude video and it's still great!

I find it sad how this project demonstrates how easily it would be to create a new genuine Star Trek experience and instead we have been given Discovery, Picard and the Kelvin universe. That's not to say they are without their individual merits but when compared to this project they all feel distinctly less authentic.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So there will be a spin off before the actual production?

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
AXANAR INTERLUDE has dropped....

A solid fan film with excellent production values. But it fills me with very mixed feelings.
Jonathan Lane, along with Avalon Universe, made this in about a year.
But in over 7 years, a million dollars in crowd funding, Alec Peters has still not released the official sequel to PRELUDE TO AXANAR....?

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have mixed feelings as well. On the one hand, the production values are excellent and some of the acting is good (especially from Warren Hawk). On the other hand, Alec Peters' acting is wooden and amateurish, and the story doesn't make much sense when you think about it. Most notably, why does Captain Jakande blow up the entire crew of the Artemis, rather than evacuating all of them that aren't necessary to cause the explosion? Since the Ares is in close proximity to the Artemis, couldn't the Artemis' crew be beamed onto the Ares? And what is to stop at least some of the Klingon ships from going into warp and following the Ares rather than staying behind and getting blown up by the Artemis?

Top Bottom