• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Trek: 25th Anniversary Special

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Star Trek: 25th Anniversary Special

Synopsis: A 25th anniversary tv special hosted by William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy about the phenomenon that is Star Trek.

IMDB:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0274889/

Lineage

Original VHS tape --> Sony 4-Head Stereo VCR --> Toshiba DVD Recorder on SP mode --> PC --> TMPGEnc DVD Author 3

Other info:

Edit Team: Frantic Canadian Productions
DVD Size: 3.17 GB's
Extras: Trailers (Star Trek Video Collection and Star Trek: The Astral Symphony)

Screenshots:

vlcsnap-475116.png
vlcsnap-475186.png
vlcsnap-475484.png

vlcsnap-475644.png
vlcsnap-475807.png
vlcsnap-475856.png

vlcsnap-475952.png
vlcsnap-476052.png
vlcsnap-476097.png

vlcsnap-476174.png
vlcsnap-476259.png
vlcsnap-476397.png

vlcsnap-476481.png
vlcsnap-476507.png
vlcsnap-476658.png

vlcsnap-476686.png
vlcsnap-476942.png
vlcsnap-477012.png

vlcsnap-477117.png
vlcsnap-477159.png
vlcsnap-477467.png

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks. I actually lifted those from the Blu-Ray edition of the first season. I checked out Blu-Ray.com for the review and took a look at the screenshots and thought that they were perfect. All I did was photoshop out their watermark, the images on both screens and the menu buttons for the chapters/extras menu.

I was thinking about using the same image for the chapters/extras menu for my two other Star Trek preservations (William Shatner's Star Trek Memories and Leonard Nimoy's Star Trek Memories) but I'm probably going to need a different image for the main menu.

Ziz

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Biography Channel has been running this lately. I managed to record it in HD on my DVR, which I then copied down to standard DVD using a stand-alone player. Granted, it has the "bio" logo in the bottom right corner, but do you want a copy to use as a possible better video source than your original VHS?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I appreciate the offer but I'm happy with the version I have. I'm curious though have they been airing the full thing or did they cut it down to fit a 60-minute time slot? And are they airing it in the original 4:3 aspect ratio or are they airing it in anamorphic widescreen?

Ziz

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It was a full two hours and in widescreen, but it looked a bit stretched rather than re-cropped...maybe a little of both. I don't have an original version to compare it to.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So they are playing the full thing. Usually what they do when airing something in HD that wasn't shot in HD is they'll make the picture smaller to fit within the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen without having to crop the picture. Does it look like that or is the image fully stretched to fill a full widescreen tv? If you need comparison shots from the original VHS just use the screenshots I posted in my original post.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Note to self :). Nice one Frantic Canadian.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Note to self :). Nice one Frantic Canadian.

No problem. And if you're interested last week I uploaded my capture of Leonard Nimoy's Star Trek Memories. And it's the full 49-minute version, not the 43-minute edited version.

megafat

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
This is now available for download on MySpleen.

I never seem to get invited to these types of websites. :(

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very nice work! I lost my VHS of this special years ago, it will be great to have it again.

Thanks FC! :)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Very nice work! I lost my VHS of this special years ago, it will be great to have it again.

Thanks FC! :)

You're very welcome! And if you need the rare "Leonard Nimoy's Star Trek Memories" special, the full 49-minute version and not the edited 43-minute version, I uploaded that last week. I'd submit the info for that one to the IFDB, but I don't have any artwork for it.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks, FC. Fans of STVI should watch this for the alternate takes and shots and for some extensions to existing scenes – all of which I either didn't notice when this aired or failed to remember.

Top Bottom