• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote NOW for January FEOTM!

Star Tours

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
3d_Star_Tours.jpg

NTSC Single layer

This is a great collection of rare material from the Disney Star Tours ride, including the Star Tours News Kit. I wanted to make sure this disc got out there, because it appears I may have the only working copy of this disc left. There are some great as well as groan-worthy moments on this disc, including some things like the really cheesey opening ceremony and C-3PO rapping. Yes, you heard right.

But all in all, this is a must-have for Star Tours fans as well as any collector of rare Star Wars video material.

Thanks go out to my good friend Aaron Snyder for creating this disc and menus.

Contents include:

News Kit
- News Kit Intro
- News Package
- B Roll
- Interview: George Lucas
- Interview: C-3PO
- Interview: Warren Franklin
- Interview: Dennis Muren
- Interview: David Feiten
- Interview: Tony Baxter
- Interview: Tom Fitzgerald
- News Kit Close

Star Tours Opening Ceremonies
- Star Wars Performance
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- Star Tours Opening
- Press Conference

Ride Film Timecoded Workprint

George Lucas' Star Tours special (with C-3PO rapping!)

Star Wars Days 1997 commercial

Star Tours walkthrough

Enjoy!

--SKot

Ziz

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"(Distribution mentioning is not allowed)"

Ziz

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"(Distribution mentioning is not allowed)"

Ziz

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you don't want us to ask any questions then what the hell are these forums for in the first place?

A

AvP

you can ask any questions but not about Distribution you bin told twice.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've got a question about this section myself. Since this is for preservations that need approval shouldn't there be a section on the main page to download these? I mean FE.info has a section for fan edits that need approval and I'm sure that makes it a lot easier to get them approved when you can just download them straight from the site as it were instead of having to go out and try to find them yourself.

Ziz

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
(Distribution mentioning is not allowed)

Ziz

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok, I finally got this downloaded. Minor issue - when I burned the disc with ImgBurn, it wouldn't play in my stand alone player, only in the DVD drive in the computer. Burned a second disc with StarBurn and that worked on the normal player just fine.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Was sick last week, so I ended up doing a lot of sleeping and watching TV. Thought I would pop this one in while I had the time. I'll give my review, below, but first...

approved.png

I think this is approved and can be added to the website. This was a great compilation of behind-the-scenes, media info, and hype about the Star Tours attraction. The footage is obviously from old VHS tapes, and as that it isn't perfect. It has some tracking issues at times, and the audio has some static too it. BUT, its still very watchable.

Haha, some of the content was a little painful to watch. C3PO rapping is hilarious, and really shows the era of the footage, and the fact that Anthony Daniels will do ANYTHING in that golden costume. I think if Lucas told him "OK Tony, in this scene C3PO needs to pleasure the other droids..." ...he would do it. Also, each time I see Lucas in an interview its so transparent the little Star Wars cloud he is on.

Thanks for putting this disc together. It was a nice look back in history, and has some funny and nostalgic content. :)

B

boner

What's the pass for unrarring? I tried various passwords know to me about fanedits, but they didn't work.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
T-HOPE said:
What's the pass for unrarring? I tried various passwords know to me about fanedits, but they didn't work.

Usually for Preserv it's "preserv.co.cc" without the "" if I'm not mistaken.

Top Bottom