• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

ST - Star Trek

Is it? I have to agree with asterixsmeagol. The 2009 looks better and more detailed to my eyes.

I was waiting for years to upgrade my old DVDs, because earlier blu-rays looked nowhere close to what I expected from them, and so I did last month when all the remasters were finally available.
2022 version looks infinitely better than 2009 mess, which I consider unwatchable. Only Wrath Of Khan looked good on old blu-rays.

Unfortunately new TMP Director's Edition was DNRed... which I've fixed with a grain plate :)

Before: https://images4.imagebam.com/89/a1/5c/MEFYHRN_o.png
After: https://images4.imagebam.com/b2/11/8e/MEFYHRK_o.png

Last edited:
I love The Orville! It’s awesome how Star Trek borrows so much from that show but never really has any IP legal issues. 🤔

uqvFOoLl.jpg

KIRSTIE ALLEY.
Taken to the stars far too soon.
Rest in Peace.
😞

STAR TREK PRODIGY wrapped its first season this week....
...and it was FANTASTIC!!!

I was a bit skeptical when this series first launched, but the show quickly won me over.
Beautiful animation. Good characters. Clever and heartfelt stories. And most importantly, a deep and loving embrace of Star Trek ideals and philosophies.
Great stuff! 👍 :love: 👍

There were a few plot hole in the final two episodes, but since it's a children's show I'm not too bent out of shape about it. Overall, I was really pleased with this series and I'm excited to share it with my nieces and nephews.

IDW, which has had the Star Trek license for over a decade now, is launching two new "in canon" (or until they are not) series
set in the 2 year gap between the end of VOYAGER and the final TNG movie NEMESIS.

The first is simply called STAR TREK, featuring the return of Captain Sisko on a mission for the Prophets...

...and the second is STAR TREK DEFIANT, which features Worf in the lead role.

I've been reading Star Trek (issue #5 out today) and I'm excited for the premiere of Defiant (also today). Strange New Worlds: The Illyrian Enigma has been pretty good so far, too. I'm looking forward to the upcoming Deep Space Nine: Dog of War and TMP-era Star Trek: Echoes miniseries.
Good to hear!
I rarely buy individual floppies anymore, so I pre-ordered the new Star Trek and Defiant today.

Here's a great interview with Jackson Lanzing, one of the main architects of the Berman Era continuation...

I saw Strange New Worlds season one at Walmart today, and I just thought it was neat to see a streaming series get a physical release less than a year after premiering. Maybe that's more common than I realize, I dunno.

They've done a pretty good job getting the other series out quickly.
SeasonSeason FinaleBlu-ray
Discovery Season 1February 11, 2018November 13, 2018
Discovery Season 2April 18, 2019November 12, 2019
Discovery Season 3January 7, 2021July 20, 2021
Discovery Season 4March 17, 2022December 6, 2022
Short TreksDecember 12, 2019June 2, 2020
Picard Season 1March 26, 2020October 6, 2020
Picard Season 2May 5, 2022October 4, 2020
Lower Decks Season 1October 8, 2020May 18, 2021
Lower Decks Season 2October 14, 2021July 12, 2022
Lower Decks Season 3October 27, 2022April 25, 2023 (scheduled)
Strange New Worlds Season 1July 7, 2022March 21, 2023
Prodigy Season 1 (Part 1)August 5, 2022January 23, 2023
Prodigy Season 1 (Part 2)December 29, 2022TBD

I own all of them except for Prodigy, because I'm hoping they do a full Season 1 release at some point, or if not I'll just buy the two halves at the same time when they're both available.

They've done a pretty good job getting the other series out quickly.
SeasonSeason FinaleBlu-ray
Discovery Season 1February 11, 2018November 13, 2018
Discovery Season 2April 18, 2019November 12, 2019
Discovery Season 3January 7, 2021July 20, 2021
Discovery Season 4March 17, 2022December 6, 2022
Short TreksDecember 12, 2019June 2, 2020
Picard Season 1March 26, 2020October 6, 2020
Picard Season 2May 5, 2022October 4, 2020
Lower Decks Season 1October 8, 2020May 18, 2021
Lower Decks Season 2October 14, 2021July 12, 2022
Lower Decks Season 3October 27, 2022April 25, 2023 (scheduled)
Strange New Worlds Season 1July 7, 2022March 21, 2023
Prodigy Season 1 (Part 1)August 5, 2022January 23, 2023
Prodigy Season 1 (Part 2)December 29, 2022TBD

I own all of them except for Prodigy, because I'm hoping they do a full Season 1 release at some point, or if not I'll just buy the two halves at the same time when they're both available.
Honestly Paramount has always done a good job releasing physical releases of streaming exclusives.

Paramount Plus has announced a new live action series for 2024 — STARFLEET ACADEMY!

Hhhmmmm… I wonder if this is a DISCOVERY spin-off with Tilly???

StarTrek.com said:
Paramount+ today announced the series order for the all-new original series Star Trek: Starfleet Academy. The series will follow the adventures of a new class of Starfleet cadets as they come of age in one of the most legendary places in the galaxy. Produced by CBS Studios, the series will begin production in 2024.

Star Trek: Starfleet Academy will introduce us to a young group of cadets who come together to pursue a common dream of hope and optimism. Under the watchful and demanding eyes of their instructors, they will discover what it takes to become Starfleet officers as they navigate blossoming friendships, explosive rivalries, first loves and a new enemy that threatens both the Academy and the Federation itself.

st_academy_anno_b-3.30.23-01.jpg

st_academy_anno_b-3.30.23-02.jpg

I assume it will carry over Tilly since she was doing some stuff with cadets in Season 4.

Back
Top Bottom