• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

SPLIT UNBREAKABLE GLASS - A Narrative Experiment Commences

It happens all of the time with mega. Has nothing to do with your upload.

MP4 UPDATE HAS LOADED...I'm now downloading to test it is NOT corrupted.

EXTRACTION IS CLEAN, and confirmed by a viewer too.

All requests have been fulfilled, but if you have NOT had a PM from me, please, send me a PM

"etc, etc, etc"
Yul Bryner

UBER size should be up this weekend.
THX

Thought at least one person would catch that...glad you did, Mr. Austin.

TECHNICAL REVISION

Due to a single drop frame in a panning shot, introduced by rendering the edit using an incorrect codec, I have decided to re-render the film and taken the opportunity to increase the bit rate as well.

The new render is at 38mbps IN THE CORECT CODEC. This exceeds the bit rate of all 3 films. I had rendered at 36.5mbps previously which was lower than one of the movies and some compression artifacting crept in. This is not major, but the MP4 that is converted from it carries all that over, so this will make both versions SHINY including the render having a pass thru native 5:1 surround mix finally.

The "muddiness" that one reviewer noted was down to this issue as well.

The new UBER file is only 35GB despite the higher bit rate, since I'm using the same (better) codec and settings of the original disc authoring (taking the movie with the highest settings as the default). This will permit burning to a single BD-DL- 50 disc, with room for the "Making of " extra and the trailers. The previous file (at 53gb) would have needed to be compressed to fit even a 50GB disc and that would introduce further artifacting which I can not control and would compromise the quality control on this edit.

Consequently, the new picture and sound is as good as possible since the underlying material will be effectively a pass thru render except where there are actual changes, which the edit suite re-renders at the new higher bit rate. The conversion to the MP4 will carry over the 5:1 mix and the better picture (not that the older one was flawed). This will also be at a higher bit rate.

This has also resolved the dropped frame issue on the panning shot. I've done this coz I'm quite obessesed with this being as close to perfect as possible.

If you have already have it, the change is miniscule from an entertainment perspective, but it is now loaded. I will also admit to some minor polish being applied, but really, it's minor.

The file is 6.04 A DFT, but onscreen the version remains 6.03 since this is a technical update and not a per-se version change to the edit.

Thank you for your patience in allowing me to make this as good as it can (and should) be.

W

THE MAKING OF SPLIT UNBREAKABLE GLASS

Due to YouTube's crazy operation of how copyright claims are disputed, despite 26 of the 27 being disputed successfully under fair use provisions, the use of GLASS has been rejected resulting in the video being blocked in some regions.

This is nuts since the video is clearly educational, transformative, free, uses only small portions, is journalistic in nature and cannot supplant the original.

But hey-ho. To protect everyone, the video has been deleted by me!

Access can be obtained via the usual protocols.
(I did say..."for a limited time", and there you go....If I won the lottery, I would challenge this openly right through the entire process, with a crack Legal team)
W

Last edited:

THE MAKING OF SPLIT UNBREAKABLE GLASS

Due to YouTube's crazy operation of how copyright claims are disputed, despite 26 of the 27 being disputed successfully under fair use provisions, the use of GLASS has been rejected resulting in the video being blocked in some regions.

This is nuts since the video is clearly educational, transformative, free, uses only small portions, is journalistic in nature and cannot supplant the original.

But hey-ho. To protect everyone, the video has been deleted by me!

Access can be obtained via the usual protocols.
(I did say..."for a limited time", and there you go....If I won the lottery, I would challenge this openly right through the entire process, with a crack Legal team)
W

Yeah, Youtube is a fickle beast.

It is why I always use Vimeo to post clips or shorts. Thus far, I have never had an issue.... fingers crossed!!! lol

Hoping to have THE MAKING OF...freely available again any minute with some more thorough arguments from my side having made citations from 3 jurisdictions for their consideration....

STICK THAT IN YOUR YouTube Pipe and smoke it!!!!

Otherwise, you can always try Vimeo. Not that they don't flag stuff or anything, but they seem to be a bit more relaxed on the subject.

Good idea but even with my avatars and VPN, I’m trying to keep links between “me” and the real world are minimised….
Paranoid? Sure!
I also want to get thru their bullshit… that making of video is far less of an issue than the millions of review, comment “everything wrong with” “honest trailers” etc out there!!!

TECHNICAL UPDATE: 6.05

The files have been revised and appear to be free of a static glitch that appeared in the last 60 secs of the edit, spotted by a viewer.

Testing this section, where there are no transitions or audio segues, did not generate the glitch. Twice this week the whole edit was rendered and each time a new noise appeared in the same spot. This has been resolved, as has the fine Fine FINE tuning of one or two minor things including the Eastrail 177 wipes...which are now ultra perfect. I have also unmuted an additional Foley file I notoiced was on mute (but no viewer would have realised).

PMs will follow.

The new files begin with "SUG 6.05".

Thank you all for you patience.
W
"THE HORROR, THE HORROR.....THE HORROR"

Last edited:
4K plus new BD master for Unbreakable

So, new transfer that looks awesome…

I saw some images comparing the new transfer to the old when I started this edit. Will I revise it?
NO!?
Unbreakable was one of the earliest dvds released, and the old Blu ray mastering gives that film a dated color pallet which, for this edit, was perfect since it contrasts the other two movies and helps the narrative visually. The Unbreakable scenes have a dated old feel visually and that helps anchor the time line in this edit.

Just in case any of you were wondering…

However, I will be triple dipping this release… (as we do)...

Last edited:
Would owners of the CD scores to Split, Unbreakable and Glass be interested in the custom mixes and altered versions of music created as High Res MP4 files? If so PM me.

Back
Top Bottom