• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

split screen or picture-in-picture

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
anyone know a nice way to do a split-screen and/or picture-in-picture

EDIT: I read on videohelp that you can do this with vegas. anyone ever try?

Ulead Media Studio can do that too and I bet Adobe Premiere and Final Cut can also easily do this.

no problem... any questions just let me know....
use the little "event pan/crop" button which is at the right end of any video clip that you put on a timeline. it will open a box that will let you do all kinds of stuff.

thanks guys. i have vegas and ulead at my disposal. i think i will try first with vegas and pester lewis with questions as i go :)

I was going to try to create video using the video commentary on the Robot Chicken Star Wars episode that is available on the website. I would like to somehow superimpose the episode and sync it to the video commentary. I figured a picture-in-picture would be the best route

That's great stuff, if it is not the problem, lewis886, could you post here tutorial how to do that?

for which one? split screen or picture in picture?

Well for both. I thing those are great, and would like to know how to that. Thanks in advance.

boon23 said:
Ulead Media Studio can do that too and I bet Adobe Premiere and Final Cut can also easily do this.
Boon23, can you tell me how to do this in Ulead Media Studios or Womble?

I don't think womble can do that.
As for Ulead Media Studio Pro:
use the moving pass feature for the videos, use a static setting like center and position the video where you want it with the same setting for start and finish and do the same with the second, third, fourth, whatever video.

boon23 said:
I don't think womble can do that.
As for Ulead Media Studio Pro:
use the moving pass feature for the videos, use a static setting like center and position the video where you want it with the same setting for start and finish and do the same with the second, third, fourth, whatever video.
Never thought I had to use that moving pass for so many things in Ulead.
Thanks, I'm gonna give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom