• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Spider-Man: No Way Home

So, it's basically Marvel's Flashpoint? And, no one thought of having a Skrull impersonate either Peter or Spidey and then appear together?

And, no one thought of having a Skrull impersonate either Peter or Spidey and then appear together?
"You're interrupting the spell";)

Trust ne, these are conversations EVERYBODY had over a decade ago when they removed Peter's secret identity from the minds of the public. This movie is adapting One More Day, which pre-dated Flashpoint by several years (OMD came out in 2007, Flashpoint in 2011)

"You're interrupting the spell";)

Trust ne, these are conversations EVERYBODY had over a decade ago when they removed Peter's secret identity from the minds of the public. This movie is adapting One More Day, which pre-dated Flashpoint by several years (OMD came out in 2007, Flashpoint in 2011)
*praying HARD for no Mephisto cop-out*

I'm not very fond of this movie. One of my biggest criticism is that having Maguire and Dafoe reprising their former roles, but not having them interacting with each other was really disappointing.

But internet is a magical place.

I still don't think a scene like that would have saved this dumpster fire of a movie though.............

I still don't think a scene like that would have saved this dumpster fire of a movie though.............
It's a well-liked film. It's got great user/audience scores on Rotten tomatoes, Metacritic, letterboxd, etc.

You don't have to like it, but "dumpster fire that can't be saved", sounds like a weird way to describe it without elaborating.

This is a movie which has entire plot build on just one idea, which was realized by gluing everything with bulls*it.

It's a well-liked film. It's got great user/audience scores on Rotten tomatoes, Metacritic, letterboxd, etc.

You don't have to like it, but "dumpster fire that can't be saved", sounds like a weird way to describe it without elaborating.
I think the film is a difficult one to edit, but not because it's 'unsalvageable' it's just it's that good.

Just because critics and nostalgia goggles praise it doesn't mean it's good.

And there's too much wrong with the film to just say in one post but I will note how it completely bungled the "Great Power" speech.

In the comics Peter refuses to stop a robber because of his ego and doesn't do the greater good. Because of this, Uncle Ben dies and gives him the speech.

In NWH however, Peter uses his great power to help cure the villains with great responsibly. Because of this Aunt May dies and give-

You see how it doesn't work? The speech does nothing because he ALREADY USES HIS POWER WITH RESPONCIBITLY. And the whole "Achtually, it was a reminder" doesn't work since the writers have gone on record this was the big moment for him and the lack of Ben's presence in the previous films. Plus, we see it barely affect Peter since he's still in killing rage mode while fighting Goblin and only stopped because someone slapped him on the arm going "no no" and was thrown the cure.......and nothing else to help with him. (cause we really need our 4th adaption of a shitty "saga" about the black suit)

What makes it even worse is that they give it to a character who was treated like a joke before they cribbed Insomniac's portrayal to fridge her properly. In the other adaptions, we see how Ben was important to Peter and saw him being a father figure. In the MCU, we see May help Peter do a tie and be treated as a "HAWT MILF" joke for 90% of her portrayal...............

What was a vital moment for Spider-Man is now turned into asine lip service to make people think they know what they're doing (when they clearly don't) and one of the worst examples of modern Fridging along with Kamala Khan in the comics right now.

There's also numerous other ways the film sucks like the terrible portrayal of the villains (especially missing the point with Goblin), the less-than-cardboard cutouts of the side character whom we're suppose to feel sorry for, and the asine decision to adapt "ONE MORE DAY" without thinking that the whole damn thing is no good but I've already dealt a whole paragraph on how the main core of the film is unsalvageable...

"One more day"... Dont even get me started...
It is a sole reason I will never ever read any modern SM comic book and only occasionally re-reading classic 80s and 90s stories.
I hate it with passion. But hey, SPider-Man of my childhood was never a schoolboy, he was married man since I've met him, and he still was when I stopped buying comic books in mid 90s.

But in the movie that aspect wasn't that bad actually... and they will undo it anyway.

Just because critics and nostalgia goggles praise it doesn't mean it's good.

And there's too much wrong with the film to just say in one post but I will note how it completely bungled the "Great Power" speech.

In the comics Peter refuses to stop a robber because of his ego and doesn't do the greater good. Because of this, Uncle Ben dies and gives him the speech.

In NWH however, Peter uses his great power to help cure the villains with great responsibly. Because of this Aunt May dies and give-

You see how it doesn't work? The speech does nothing because he ALREADY USES HIS POWER WITH RESPONCIBITLY. And the whole "Achtually, it was a reminder" doesn't work since the writers have gone on record this was the big moment for him and the lack of Ben's presence in the previous films. Plus, we see it barely affect Peter since he's still in killing rage mode while fighting Goblin and only stopped because someone slapped him on the arm going "no no" and was thrown the cure.......and nothing else to help with him. (cause we really need our 4th adaption of a shitty "saga" about the black suit)

What makes it even worse is that they give it to a character who was treated like a joke before they cribbed Insomniac's portrayal to fridge her properly. In the other adaptions, we see how Ben was important to Peter and saw him being a father figure. In the MCU, we see May help Peter do a tie and be treated as a "HAWT MILF" joke for 90% of her portrayal...............

What was a vital moment for Spider-Man is now turned into asine lip service to make people think they know what they're doing (when they clearly don't) and one of the worst examples of modern Fridging along with Kamala Khan in the comics right now.

There's also numerous other ways the film sucks like the terrible portrayal of the villains (especially missing the point with Goblin), the less-than-cardboard cutouts of the side character whom we're suppose to feel sorry for, and the asine decision to adapt "ONE MORE DAY" without thinking that the whole damn thing is no good but I've already dealt a whole paragraph on how the main core of the film is unsalvageable...
I see you feel very strongly about a lot of this. I don't. I do think there was too much hype, and that Doctor Strange acted pretty dumb, but still don't think dumpster fire is justified.

I didn't say anything about critics, only user/audience scores, but critic scores were excellent too.

To your points about Peter's responsibility; he asked for the spell in the first place, changed it while it was in progress, then decided he knew better than Strange and to ignore him to do his own solution instead, which is what backfired, none of that comes across as Peter being already responsible to me. And the rest of your concerns seem to boil down to this not being the same as other versions of Spider-Man, which I don't mind. There's a ton of different Spider-Men.

Last edited:
he asked for the spell in the first place, changed it while it was in progress, then decided he knew better than Strange and to ignore him to do his own solution instead, which is what backfired, none of that comes across as Peter being already responsible to me. And the rest of your concerns seem to boil down to this not being the same as other versions of Spider-Man, which I don't mind. There's a ton of different Spider-Men.
It was mainly Peter doing what was right instead of just leaving them to die, which was also done recently in ATSV (but better probably due to competent writers).

Rest of the concerns are not that it's "different", it's that it bungled up core elements of the character. There's a bit difference between doing something different (see Spectacular's take on Ben's killer) and bungling it up so bad that it kills any potential for the character it may have had.

It was mainly Peter doing what was right instead of just leaving them to die, which was also done recently in ATSV (but better probably due to competent writers).

Rest of the concerns are not that it's "different", it's that it bungled up core elements of the character. There's a bit difference between doing something different (see Spectacular's take on Ben's killer) and bungling it up so bad that it kills any potential for the character it may have had.
I don't mean to imply you're wrong, just that I don't share the same concerns. We don't have to agree about everything for me to appreciate you sharing your perspective. Thank you for elaborating, I understand better now.

Back
Top Bottom