• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Spider-Man: Lotus

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A day or so late, but it dropped

I've seen it fully and it's a fair effort that could do with a different cut, I'll probably go over what I could do with it over in my Fanedit Ideas thread

DirtyCop1036

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I enjoyed it for the most part, I feel like the film should've been 45min-1hrs shorter, there's too much screen time for so little to tell. The action pieces and swinging were very good, it's pretty impressive in the fan-film club outside Bat in the Sun. The costumes were excellent, comic-accurate live-action Gwen Stacy was very refreshing, the Spidey suit was gorgeous, but I'm a little unsatisfied by Gobin's inexpressive mask, they should've played it more mysterious with the character, sometimes less is more. The cinematography was quite frankly disappointing, I disliked the lightening in most of dialogue scenes, it felt too "amateurish". The omnipresent emotional piano notes also took me off a few times. But overall, despite its flaws, Lotus is among the best fan films out there.

Just for fun my top 5 CBM fan films:

1. Batman: Ashes to Ashes
2. Punisher: Dirty Laundry
3. Truth in Journalism (an Eddy Brock story inspired (or not?) by Man Bites Dog)
4. Batman: Dead End
5. Batman: Dying is Easy

DirtyCop1036

Reaction score
Trophy Points
1. Batman: Ashes to Ashes
2. Punisher: Dirty Laundry
3. Truth in Journalism (an Eddy Brock story inspired (or not?) by Man Bites Dog)
4. Batman: Dead End
5. Batman: Dying is Easy

Even tho it's not very popular, I also have a soft spot for this one. I largely prefer it over the 2017 reboot.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Even tho it's not very popular, I also have a soft spot for this one. I largely prefer it over the 2017 reboot.

I think that one went over well with the 'edgier' crowd, less so the fanbase (there were a lot of arguments about it on Rangerboard, in fact the guy that first broke all the news and details about it ended up banned)

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Channel Pup's one of the biggest Spider-Man fanfilm advocates on Youtube, respect to him for going back on his vow not to cover Lotus to offer this lengthy critique on the film

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes, it's all been well documented

Shame to hear about the cover-up for the Green Groomer, makes me feel a little foolish for accepting Gavin's apology just so I could be objective about the movie and try to enjoy it on it's own merits.
Warden Wayne seems genuine, in my opinion.

Gavin J. Konop, on the other hand, sets off several alarm bells. I started getting a bad feeling about him after I found out that after Warden Wayne's old Internet comments became public knowledge (but before his own did), he issued the statement "I have done everything in my power to hold him accountable. Not only then, but also today, and forever." This not only sounds like disingenuous "corporate-speak" gobbledygook, but more importantly, feels like him throwing Warden Wayne under the bus in the hopes that people wouldn't start looking into his own posting history.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For any spanish speaking members, the film has now been dubbed in that langauge

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Despite the film's negative reception and controversies, Gavin is moving on to his next project, a comedy/horror called 'Attempted Murder'

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Despite the film's negative reception and controversies, Gavin is moving on to his next project, a comedy/horror called 'Attempted Murder'
He doesn’t seem like the kind of person to just give up. And maybe he'll learn from the controversies and criticism of Lotus and make something better

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wasn't he a teenager when he said these things?
There's a lot of awful things that came out about him besides racist jokes and it's good that he's being held accountable. That being said if he genuinely tries to be better and moves on to better things, more power to him.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is anyone aware that a trilogy of this mess was planned? The sequels were called "Iris" and "Rose", respectively.

Top Bottom