• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Spider-man into the Spider-verse

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Hmmmm, the stopmotion stylized animation actually looks pretty good (never thought I'd hear/read myself say that about cgi).

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, it looks amazing. When it was first announced, I was extremely skeptical. But that stylized animation looks so good, I think I'd be interested in seeing it even if it wasn't about Spider-Man! (The earlier trailer showed it off even better.)

I was skeptical when it was announced because I thought that the first installment in a potential new Miles Morales series should focus on Miles himself and not confuse things with a bunch of parallel universe stuff. But Miles is originally from a parallel dimension anyway, and bringing in Peter Parker from another dimension to train him should help get new viewers on board with Miles being handed the spider-reins.

There were clips of Peter Parker with Mary Jane from the Raimi movies. I wonder, does that mean he's actually from that universe? That guy doesn't sound like Tobey Maguire, though. 

Anyway, it looks pretty cool. And I think Phil Lord and Chris Miller wrote the script.

And I never thought that in 2018 there'd be a movie with Spider-Ham in it! Amazing!

I'm looking forward to this much more than Venom. :)

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
And I never thought that in 2018 there'd be a movie with Spider-Ham in it! Amazing!

For some reason I thought this was a tv show. Thread moved to Movies.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have a feeling this'll be the first Sony Pictures Animation film to be rated PG-13, seeing as all Spider-Man movies so far have been given that rating.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
[quote="Motley']
I have a feeling this'll be the first Sony Pictures Animation film to be rated PG-13, seeing as all Spider-Man movies so far have been given that rating.
[/quote]

Well, most animated theatrical movies (including superhero films) have been PG, including "Big Hero 6," "The LEGO Batman Movie," and "Teen Titans Go to the Movies."

There are plenty of PG-13 animated superhero movies, but they tend to go direct-to-video. If they play in theaters, it's usually one night only.

But, hey, "Teen Titans Go" bombed at the box office, so who knows? Plus, Sony surprised everyone by making "Venom" PG-13 (instead of R), so anything's possible.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Went to see an advanced screening of this and I loved it. Only real complaint is that it needed more second act, it seemed to be 90% first and third act stuff. There was one thing in particular that I feel needed more development, but this *might* be my favourite Spider-Man film, I'm not sure.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't care what anybody says; anything with "Spider-Verse" in its title I'm not touching with a ten-foot webline.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
I don't care what anybody says; anything with "Spider-Verse" in its title I'm not touching with a ten-foot webline.

Someone make a fanedit of this and only rename it so Duraguy here can watch it.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Into the Spider-Hearse, and it's recut to have the main Spider-Man kill all the others.

I've only seen one, maybe two Tom Cruise movies, but I also think I'm starting to like him.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
theryaney said:
Duragizer said:

Someone make a fanedit of this and only rename it so Duraguy here can watch it.

Into the Spider-agizer

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:

I'm sorry Dan Slott ruined it for you.  On a related note, I once asked him on a social media site why he put a racist caricature in a recent Fantastic Four comic and he blocked me.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:

Any reason? I've heard good things exclusively.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
Duragizer said:

I can’t answer for him, but I’m assuming because it’s a stupid name. If only I had followed that line of thinking with Attack of the Clones. *sigh*

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
addiesin said:
Duragizer said:

I can’t answer for him, but I’m assuming because it’s a stupid name. If only I had followed that line of thinking with Attack of the Clones. *sigh*

Fair enough, but it sounds like a book-cover-judgement. If you guys are unaware, the directors are Lorde and Miller. They basically ONLY take on directing projects that sound dumb and every single time I've been very impressed with them. Clone High (tv), Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, 21 and 22 Jump Street, The Lego Movie. Personally I think they've earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to movies that sound "odd".
/rant

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
Fair enough, but it sounds like a book-cover-judgement. If you guys are unaware, the directors are Lorde and Miller. They basically ONLY take on directing projects that sound dumb and every single time I've been very impressed with them. Clone High (tv), Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, 21 and 22 Jump Street, The Lego Movie. Personally I think they've earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to movies that sound "odd".
/rant

Credit where credit is due: the film was co-written by Phil Lord but directed by Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey and Rodney Rothman. Christopher Miller has nothing to do with the project as far as I know.

100% agreed on book cover judgments being silly. If someone doesn't want to see something for a reason like that, then they miss out.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
thecuddlyninja said:
Credit where credit is due: the film was co-written by Phil Lord but directed by Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey and Rodney Rothman. Christopher Miller has nothing to do with the project as far as I know.

100% agreed on book cover judgments being silly. If someone doesn't want to see something for a reason like that, then they miss out.

Thanks for the correction!

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I assumed it was just because the name Spider-Verse is from a comic crossover from some years back that he doesn't like.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Again, I can’t speak for him, but I think you guys are taking his hyperbolic statement too literally. I think he was merely commenting on a dumb title. If he has any interest in a spiderman movie, I’m sure he’d see it regardless of title if it is well-received. I, personally, do not.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^agree with above. He's just having a flippant dig at the title and how every cash-cow property is described as the something-verse nowadays. I don't think for a minute he really means he would actually not watch purely based on the title.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
All good guys, I just like praising Lorde and Miller, and thought I had an excuse to do so.

I also like praising the Coen Bros, and The Ballad of Buster Scruggs is refreshing and great and light and dark at the same time. It's more than a Western, and I recommend it.

Top Bottom