• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse - Ultimate Comics Cut

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
2CChKLy.png

It's a leap of faith...

The Blu-Ray included an "alternate universe mode" with roughly 30 minutes of new footage and scenes, including a subplot with Miles' roommate, a lot more learning, training and honing his powers, more backstory for characters and just a lot of new stuff that doesn't mesh with the finished film as a lot of it is animatics and storyboards. It's a bit bloated and easy to see why a lot of it was cut out. A select few of the better scenes are almost finished (or completely finished in 2 of them) with them being 3D animated about 80% of the way there.

I've picked out the cream of the crop in terms of deleted scenes to add some good character moments back into the film. While the added scenes do stand out a bit, I feel that it still works as they really do add something to the film.

Theatrical Version - 1:56.48
Alternate Universe Mode - 2:23:31
Ultimate Comics Cut - 2:01:05

ADDITIONS
- Added a few new lines when Peter B is tied to the boxing bag
- Extended scene in the resturant with some food metaphors used for the multiverse plan
- New scene with Peter going after Miles when he leaves the Spider-Cave, they talk about what it means to be a superhero
- Extended fight scene inside and out of Aunt May's house, lots of cool bits and pieces
- Replaced "How do I know I'm ready?" exchange in Miles' room (as it is now in the new scene with Peter/Miles earlier) with "Now you don't have to be Spider-Man"
- New scene with the Spider-Gang being caught by Tombstone while trying to infiltrate Kingpin's office
- Extended scene of the gang breaking into the elevator as they search the office before finding the elevator
- New scene with Doc Ock in the colider fight, showing her final fate in the film

The extended resturant scene that was featured in the trailer, some of the theatrical footage was missing from the Alt-Uni cut, so I've mixed the two for the best of both worlds

This new scene with Peter B. and Miles on the billboard is my favourite new addition, it's a really nice heart to heart moment with the two. I've trimmed it up from the Alt-Uni cut so it's a little nicer

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The "Leap of Faith" scene, I agree, is a very good one. It's more unfinished than the previous clip, but what makes it a little special is that way the eyebrows on Peter communicate a lot of the emotion when his lips aren't moving.

Some of the background music does come to a screeching halt or suddenly come crashing in after these scenes play, and not naturally (00:28 on the first clip, and 2:21 on the second clip), hope this is just part of the proof of concept samples and you'll smooth it over in the final cut.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Motleys Fanedits said:
Judas Priest! How many fan edits do you have planned out?!

Have you seen my ideas thread? Its a mess over there. 

Zarius said:
Some of the background music does come to a screeching halt or suddenly come crashing in after these scenes play, and not naturally (00:28 on the first clip, and 2:21 on the second clip), hope this is just part of the proof of concept samples and you'll smooth it over in the final cut.

That's how the scene is cut in the Alt-Uni mode, still needs some audio fixes, probably gonna cut the establishing shot of the souvlaki place so that the score fades into him eating the burger. 

Might have to fade or something with the rap song "Hide", but thank you for the feedback!

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
Motleys Fanedits said:
Judas Priest! How many fan edits do you have planned out?!

Have you seen my ideas thread? Its a mess over there. 
Zarius said:

That's how the scene is cut in the Alt-Uni mode, still needs some audio fixes, probably gonna cut the establishing shot of the souvlaki place so that the score fades into him eating the burger. 

Ah, OK, gotcha. I thought as much and merely assumed you were putting it up "as is" to show how it works. At least I know you'll be on top of that :)

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A preview cut is going up as we speak for those who want to give feedback

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is now on ifdb. Thread moved.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Tones said:
hi any chance of a link to the edit,thanks

Tones, please do not request links in the forum. Requests should be made via PM directly to editors. If you cannot get in contact with an editor please use the Trades & Requests area. Thanks

topsrex

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So looking forward to this, especially since now is Spiderman season!

oiger

Reaction score
Trophy Points
great edit to a masterpiece btw, there's some weird audio echo issues though when Peter B. Parker talks with Mary Jane as noted in my review

Top Bottom