• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Spider-Man: Hero Within

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Getting "host errors" on two files part12 and part 14. Anyone else have this problem?

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
what dlc are using? the old mediafire one, or the new gamefront one? On the GF one everything looks fine and available to me.

Mojo_LA

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi I'm trying to download this now, but all 3 versions have files missing. Can you check on them and let me (us) know the status? At first the DVD9 on Gamefront reported all files were good, but when I stated the download it couldn't find the first 3. Ok it looks like after file 3 its working, so you may only need to replace the first 3 files for that one. WHen i finish downlading, since i'll have about 90% of it, maybe i'll get lucky and can do a "save broken files" extract and be left with the VOBs i need to watch it...

Since I'm part of the minority out there who didn't LOVE the Raimi Spidermans, I'm really looking forward to your cut and promise immediate feedback! And I do long, in depth reviews :)

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
GF is definitely erratic at the moment. I got first 3 no prob.

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
first 3 look fine for me as well. donno whats wrong.
will upload the edit somewhere else also.

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Suddenly got part 12. So it was a hoster problem. Solved by patience! Watched first 15mins so far - looks good!

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anything that downplays the angsty romance problems with MJ is more than welcome. MJ's my favorite romantic lead in any comic book and her treatment in the Raimi movies was awful. I've dabbled in outlining a Spidey edit that tries to make MJ far more affectionate, and her bitchy traits/scenes are completly eroded, making her more of a best friend with a keen interest in Peter than someone who takes him for granted. Granted this takes away from Peter's social problems, but then I've always thought that aspect of Spidey has been played to death in comics and frankly isnt interesting to anyone anymore. Besides, if you read the newspaper strips, Stan Lee himself hasnt bothered with it in ages and opts to focus on making Peter more of a successs story.

Velcrobelly

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm sorry, but I am not finding this file. Would someone please point me in the right direction?

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Avi is again available. Pm about the avi dlc if you want it until it appears on info. dvd9 is still also available.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Why did I not watch this one sooner? :shock:

G1's Spidey was Spectacularly and Amazingly Entertaining! :D

I can easily see why this edit won FEOTM. While there are some minor technical things here and there (as other have mentioned in other reviews), I found them easily foregivable as the story moves at such a great pace and is restructured enough that it feels fresh and new.

And I did not realize it until the edit the was over -- NO NORMAN OSBORN!?!?! :?
It hit me like a ton bricks at the end! I was having such a good time, I did not even realize he had been cut. This is an incredible piece of editing in my opinion since this character haunts and shapes the entire original Spidey trilogy. Great work G1!

If I were to nitpick, I would have liked a better sense of a passage of time. I think a montage or two may have assisted with this, particularly in moving Peter from High School to University to his life in the city. Also, I am not certain Peter losing his powers fit with the over all arc in this version. It felt too soon for that drama, though I would have definitely keep the courtship scenes. And as others have pointed out, I would have to agree the final Venom tease would have worked better as a post credit teaser.

But as I said above, G1 has crafted such a wonderfully fun and engaging story, expertly choosing the best parts from the trilogy, that any shortcomings are, for the most part, very easy to over look.

It is a fun popcorn ride! Thumbs Up!:)

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the review Bob! Cool that you liked it! Really appreciated! :)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
g1orkatsos said:
Thanks for the review Bob! Cool that you liked it! Really appreciated! :)

No. Thank YOU for such a fun and fresh adventure! :D

pr0xyt0xin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
From the description this is actually a fantastic idea. I'm going to have to watch this sometime.

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Version 2 is ready and coming very very soon!
This new version is intended to replace the current one (which is not online anymore anyway) by making various fixes and changes, like:
-Fix all those god awful fades/transitions of mine
-Remove the unnecessary opening voice-over
-Re-arrange some scenes for better flow
-Change and fix the scene where Peter tries his web for the first time
-Change the ending of the train scene along with some fixes
-Change the ending with a better one
-Put the Venom tease after the credits
and some other minor stuff
MP4 uploading as we speak on MEGA. Should be available in a few days

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Keeping the commentary track or ditching it? I'm fine either way, I don't mind it being a lost relic. I think I'm the only guy that listened to it anyway.

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Keeping the commentary track or ditching it? I'm fine either way, I don't mind it being a lost relic. I think I'm the only guy that listened to it anyway.
Because i don't have the original commentary recording, the version i have now has the movie audio along with it too. And because version 2 is a bit shorter (and with some re-arranged stuff too) the commentary doesn't fit anymore. (Plus i agree with you on the lost relic bit.). So nope, you probably wont see that commentary on the dvd.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This was a solid edit in version 1, but good to hear the g1 perfectionism has kicked in to make it even better :)

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awesome to hear of a revised edition. Looking forward to it.

WyndorfDave

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just got done showing Version 1 to my GF and she really enjoyed it. She liked the idea of removing the Goblin storyline and she commented on how much more natural Peter and MJ's relationship feels. Although I loved Peter's voice intro, I am curious to see Version 2 without it! I am still floored on how much more emotion these Spidey films have over the reboot. You have major fans of this edit.

Top Bottom