• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Spider-Man: Hero Within

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
5czl3k.jpg

Fanedit Title: Spider-Man: Hero Within
Faneditor Name:
g1orkatsos
Original Movie Title:
Spider-Man, Spider-man 2.1, Spider-Man 3
Genre:
SuperHeroes
Fanedit Type:
FanMix

Original Release Date:
2002, 2004, 2007
Original Running Time (Min):
121, 135, 139
Fanedit Release Date:
December 2012
Fanedit Running Time (Min):
Time Cut (Min):
76, 56, 136

Brief Synopsis:
i am combining the origin story from the 1st film with the villain from the 2nd film (Doc Ock) and any scene from the 3rd on that could be useful to make a new story mostly on Peter and his journey to become a hero, simplifying the awful romance with Mary-Jane to the very basics and essentials, removing all useless side characters, getting rid of some side-plots and making it a little more serious by removing many of the stupid campy stuff from the first 2 movies.

Intention:
To make the best possible Spider-Man movie out of the Sam Raimi Trilogy (with the focus on films 1 and 2) while keeping it at a 2 hour length like any normal super-hero movie.

Editing Details:

I used Sony Vegas Pro 10 to make the edit and DVD Architect Pro 5 for the dvd

Cuts and Additions:
-The introduction scene for Spider-Man is changed. A heavily edited version of the crane scene from no3 is used. -The whole BoneSaw segment is much shorter and much more tolerable. Most of his dialogue is cut.
-The romance with Mary Jane is much more simplified and much easier to digest. Peter likes her, she starts to like him as well but he cant be with her because Spider-Man is his no1 priority. There are no constant breakups and then we are back together stupidness, no astronaut subplot, no wedding, no relationship with Harry, etc
-MJ only gets saved twice in the edit and it is implied that she kinda understood that Peter was Spider-Man at the Alley rescue scene
-Norman Osborn / Green Goblin is removed completely. Harry mentions him once, and we understand that he died sometime before the fan-edit. He never became Green Goblin or anything.
-Harry Osborn is seriously trimmed down to the point that he feels like a secondary character. He is a friend of Peter at school and after they finish school he takes control of his Dad's company (as he turns 18, sort of like in the 1st iron man movie with Tony). No side-plot with MJ, no hate towards spider-man and the quest to kill him, no goblin junior stuff, no amnesia, etc
-Aunt May's cliched speeches are much shorter and only the important stuff are left. She is more to the point.
-the Doc Ock plot is preety much the same except for one thing. He goes after Spider-man at the train scene to get rid of him, so that he wouldn't try to stop his 2nd experiment, amd because he was getting suspicious from his absence(at that ime Peter gives up being a hero). After they finish the battle at the train he leaves him unconscious lying there, because he thinks he is dead. Also he gets the Tritium simply by scaring Harry while holding him out of the balcony.
-Many side characters are completely gone, or trimmed down to the bare essentials (Mr Dichovich, Ursula are gone, JJJ's secretary is just a background character, Gwen Stacy is now just some blonde that spider-man saves and never sees again)
-I am removing some of the more stupid scenes to make it A LITTLE more serious (the pointless scene where Doc Ock is saying a joke at the experiment, the shazam scene, etc)
-Jonah Jameson is intact in all his glory with only the scene where he puts the spider-man suit gone. (it looked way too ridiculous)
-Removed most of the stupid cameos by the extras in Spider-Man 2
-Changed the ending a little bit
Release Information:
NTSC DVD-9, AVI
Special Features:
-Commentary with g1orkatsos, Juice4z0 and Neglify (+18)
-Spider-Man Deleted Sex Scene (+18)
-Spider-Man Reality Cut
-Fanedit Trailers of Upcoming Projects from g1orkatsos and other editors

Cover Art:
b4dto3.jpg

[URL="http://46bfaq.1fichier.com/en/"]Click here to download[/URL]

Special Thanks:
Neglify and Juice4z0 for doing the commentary with me.
Gatos, njvc and Neglify again for reviewing my work-print and giving me useful feedback on it.
And also to everyone else that helped in whatever capacity on making this edit.

BladeRunner391

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congratulations G1ork! I've been looking forward to this for a long time! :)

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There's a good spidey

wabid

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So the miniature sun is still extinguished by falling into a river?

wabid

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I learned to live with and accept crack babies suddenly being able to predict the future, but I have always had problems with the sun just going out because it touched watcher. My brain keeps telling me that the river should evaporate before the water ever gets close to the sun.

I was jk though, I am very much looking forward to this edit. I have wanted to do something similar to Batman Begins/The Dark Knight for a while, and I think there are lots of super hero movies that can be made standalone by integrating the origin story into sequel and cutting all the things that dont work.

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DVD and avi versions are finally uploaded on mediafire. DLCs submitted to info, and until they appear there, if you are interested about this edit you can PM me about the dlcs.

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks like I lost the bet, It did come out first :p

Grats on the release

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
juice4z0 said:
Looks like I lost the bet, It did come out first :p

Grats on the release
Thanks!
And its been sooooooo long, can't even remember the bet ;-)

BladeRunner391

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had the pleasure of watching Spiderman: Hero Within last night, and although the technical details are just about perfect, the narrative was a slight disappointment, but more on that later.

Audio/Video Quality: Looked spectacular 10/10

Visual Editing: Generally great, but the sudden dissolve about 51 minutes in is too quick and was a momentary distraction. Same goes for a similar transition at the 14 minute mark, when it dissolves from Peter web slinging for the first time to him walking home. Again, it feels fanedited and wasn't convincing. Those were the only problems I saw with the visual editing, the rest was amazing! 9/10

Audio Editing: Just about perfect! 10/10

Narrative: The first half hour was great, with a more focused origin story, but once Spiderman shows up (Excellent use of the crane sequence from Spiderman 3) the plot kinda wanders around for awhile until Doc Ock appears. In fact, after the first half there just wasn't really a consistent pace until the climax. I liked the new ending very much, but there wasn't much closure to the storyline however.

Those gripes aside, I can say that the deletion of the overwhelming cast of useless side characters and subplots made this much more watchable. Nearly all the corny humor has been chopped (With the exception of J.J. Jameson), which makes for a darker and more serious film. Thankfully, the romance has been drastically simplified, which again works stronger than it did in the original. 7/10

Enjoyment: Overall this is a solid and very original Spiderman edit, but the pacing during the second half was rather off-putting. STILL HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! 8/10

Audio/Video Quality: 10/10
Visual Editing: 9/10
Audio Editing: 10/10
Narrative: 7/10
Enjoyment: 8/10

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the review BladeRunner391! Glad you enjoyed it despite not being perfect. And i know what you mean.
By removing stuff from the first movie along with the villain and going straight to doc ock a lot of stuff had to be removed/couldn't be used from both movies. Something i couldn't do is
to introduce doc ock earlier to the story for example to give it a better pacing and focus like an actual movie
. Also there are stuff that happen between movies that you also cant explain properly. I tried my best with all the footage i had available. I don't think the narrative could have ever been 100% perfect in this kind of edit. Though what do you mean by lack of closure to the storyline?
Spider-Man saves the day, gets the girl, He is finally at a right place with his 2 personalities etc. Do you mean for characters like Harry for example? Again, as i said before there was a limit to what i could do with the available footage. And with Harry for example A LOT couldn't be used
Again, i understand what you mean and i was expecting that. Your review is 100% reasonable. Don't take this the wrong way. I am just curious to see what exactly wasn't good enough and to improve in my future edits further down the road :)

BladeRunner391

Reaction score
Trophy Points
g1orkatsos said:
Thanks for the review BladeRunner391! Glad you enjoyed it despite not being perfect. And i know what you mean.
By removing stuff from the first movie along with the villain and going straight to doc ock a lot of stuff had to be removed/couldn't be used from both movies. Something i couldn't do is
to introduce doc ock earlier to the story for example to give it a better pacing and focus like an actual movie
. Also there are stuff that happen between movies that you also cant explain properly. I tried my best with all the footage i had available. I don't think the narrative could have ever been 100% perfect in this kind of edit. Though what do you mean by lack of closure to the storyline?
Spider-Man saves the day, gets the girl, He is finally at a right place with his 2 personalities etc. Do you mean for characters like Harry for example? Again, as i said before there was a limit to what i could do with the available footage. And with Harry for example A LOT couldn't be used
Again, i understand what you mean and i was expecting that. Your review is 100% reasonable. Don't take this the wrong way. I am just curious to see what exactly wasn't good enough and to improve in my future edits further down the road :)

I hope my review didn't come off the wrong way, I LOVE your edit! :) I agree with what you said, that Doc Ock should be introduced earlier, but thats not possible given the footage at your disposal. Yes, there was obviously going to be several narrative flaws but I don't think they could have been avoided. It's not 100% perfect, but the way you skillfully reconstructed the plot is still amazing. Again, I didn't mean to sound so negative about the narrative in my review.

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
BladeRunner391 said:
I hope my review didn't come off the wrong way, I LOVE your edit! :) I agree with what you said, that Doc Ock should be introduced earlier, but thats not possible given the footage at your disposal. Yes, there was obviously going to be several narrative flaws but I don't think they could have been avoided. It's not 100% perfect, but the way you skillfully reconstructed the plot is still amazing. Again, I didn't mean to sound so negative about the narrative in my review.
It didn't come the wrong way or sound too negative at all. everything you said made 100% sense. I am glad your enjoyed it and took the time to write this nice review :)

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My review:

It was a piece of shit.

Oh wait...

This was a pretty good edit. It's not perfect, but it's enjoyable.

Quality - A/V Quality is excellent. 10/10

Visual Editing - There were some awkward edits (a few dissolves that felt out of place and a couple cuts that stood out a little bit), but they weren't "deal breakers" for me. There was some really spectacular things done with the editing as well, such as the footage used from Spider-Man 3 and all the extraneous characters that are cut out perfectly. 7/10

Audio editing - There were 2 transitions that stuck out to me, but it's not like you raped my family or anything. 9/10

Narrative - This is the real interesting part to me here. When I first watched the workprint I was irked by the flow of the story, as we spend so much time setting up Spider-Man's origins without introducing the villain until half way in. But it's kind of how Amazing Spider-Man is structured, in that the villain's story seems like an afterthought. And in a way it's almost like how Batman Begins in structured (spending majority of time on pure origin and then halfway through get to the bad guys). Watching it a second time, this didn't bother me and I was able to get more into the story at hand. 8/10

Enjoyment - I love Spider-Man 1 & 2, so it was easy for me to really enjoy this edit. But the commentary is pretty gay. 9/10

Recommend? If you're a fan of the Spider-Man movies I think you'll like this take on the story. But if you're a stickler for perfection the flaws may stick out more for you.

baldie2k12

Reaction score
Trophy Points
having problems downloading :-( got the first two parts, but then it says fatal error anytime I try to download another part. Using JDownloader never had problems with it before.

Top Bottom