• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Spider-Man: Farther From Home

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points

Tagline: Peter Parker's class trip just got a little longer.

Synopsis: A simple extended edition of Spider-Man: Far From Home, reintegrating three deleted scenes back into the film, adding four extra minutes of content.

Intention: To reintegrate all the 'finished' deleted scenes of Spider-Man: Far From Home back into the film.

Changelog:
Original Runtime: 129 minutes
New Runtime: 133 minutes
  • 0:00:00 - "FE.org" 'Netflix-style' card, as well as my own "CJM" card
  • 0:05:57 - Inserted deleted scene "Peter's To-Do List" (removing the 'graphics')
  • 1:55:37 - Inserted deleted scene "Peter and MJ"
  • 1:57:21 - Inserted deleted scene "Tony's Glasses"
  • 2:01:33 - Custom "Farther From Home" title card

wMf0CnV.jpg

Please PM me if you'd like a link.

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Experienced some technical difficulties and now I’m back to square one on this edit.

Going to bed now but once I get home tomorrow I’ll work on it and will most likely have a finished product by this time tomorrow, or at some point on the weekend.

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've re-reintegrated the "Peter's To-Do List" scene, as well as "Peter and MJ" and "Tony's Glasses".

I'm actually not sure if I want to include the "Bathroom/storefront" scene anymore, the audio editing is pretty bad and I don't think there's much I can do about it. The scene is also inter-cut with Peter getting his new suit, which really breaks up the flow even more than the poor audio already did. Also, I wouldn't even consider myself an 'amateur' at colour grading and the scene definitely needs some work done to it.

I tend to edit better at times when I should be sleeping, so I'm going to take a break for now and get back to this later tonight.

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good luck on this one. Take your time and don't rush it. I'm sure many are looking forward to an extended version of the underwhelming Far From Home!

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yep. I'm finished. Exporting now, will review over everything and then upload. I decided not to include the "Bathroom/storefront" scene as the audio is in too poor condition, and I feel that it kinda ruins Peter's scene for a not-so-funny and irrelevant 'joke'.

stferguson78

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What about the scene from the trailer where he is in the infinity war iron spider suit helping the police? Is that one of the deleted scenes?

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
stferguson78 said:
What about the scene from the trailer where he is in the infinity war iron spider suit helping the police? Is that one of the deleted scenes?

Yep! That's part of "Peter's To-Do List".

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm having some trouble exporting. Everything appears to be fine and Media Encoder gives me the little green check mark, but when I go to where the file should be, I have a small, unplayable MP4 file, along with a larger, playable, and muted M4V file. Has happened before but usually if I just re-export it fixes itself, now I'm on my third or fourth export and it's still doing this.

I'm trying again but this time using OpenCL to render as opposed to CUDA. Figure it's worth a shot.

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Alright, finally got it to export. I copied it over to my main drive, so I have a backup in case something else goes wrong...

Gonna upload now, and update my IFDB submission! Anyone who would like this edit, you can PM me now and I'll reply as soon as the upload is completed!

Edit: Upload is now complete, and I have updated the IFDB submission. Again, please PM me if you'd like a link!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is now on ifdb. THREAD moved to completed.

Cnemi

Reaction score
Trophy Points
There was an extended cut of Far From Home that was re-released in theaters which I never saw. Is this a recreation of that theatrical extended cut, or is it something else?

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cnemi said:
There was an extended cut of Far From Home that was re-released in theaters which I never saw. Is this a recreation of that theatrical extended cut, or is it something else?

I guess so. I saw that in theatres and I know the "Peter's To-Do List" scene is there, maybe the other two were as well.

jashelton2010

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Don't know how to post a review so I'll do it here in the forum. Great job! New scenes are put in seamlessly, and makes it more enjoyable!

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jashelton2010 said:
Don't know how to post a review so I'll do it here in the forum. Great job! New scenes are put in seamlessly, and makes it more enjoyable!

Thanks for the kind words, I'd really appreciate if you left a review, so hopefully I can explain how to do so fairly simply:
  1. Go to ifdb.fanedit.org
  2. Click "Register" on the index bar (top of page)
  3. Create account/log-in
  4. Go to the edit's page
  5. Click "Write review" on the grey bar, underneath the red stars.
I don't remember how the registration works, it might be linked to your forum account, so you could try just skipping Step #2 and try clicking "Log in" on the index bar.

Smoker1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Any plans for a Infinity War / Endgame Extended Edition/s?

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
In his review of this edit, Bobson Dugnutt pointed out an issue with the Peter's To-Do List sequence that I never considered myself: the 'list' graphics were out-of-place as they don't appear anywhere else in the film. This is my pass at removing them from the sequence:
Password: fanedit.org

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm glad that you're taking out those graphics, it was the only thing that irked me, but you've edited them out pretty well. The only noticable transition was the one to Delmar's, the music doesn't quite flow into the next perfectly. I couldn't get it quite right on my own edit either.

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah Dugnutt I noticed that. I see you've rearranged it to sort of fix the issue, that's something I didn't think of. I've fixed it now by just extending the audio so it's fades out as we enter Delmar's (fully gone just after the shot of the travel adapter). Also trimmed a few frames off the end of Peter walking into Delmar's, so the cut happens on-beat with the new music.

Might post a clip tomorrow when my Vimeo bandwidth resets!

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've made some small adjustments to that segment again, as well as added a custom title card for at the end (manually went through all the frames of the stop-motion "Far From Home" one and filled in/replaced it with "Farther From Home"). V2 is exporting now and will hopefully be uploaded by tomorrow morning!

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Alright, V2 finished uploading last night. To those who still have the link to the original - that folder has just been updated with V2!

IFDB listing is currently down, as I updated it with the couple new changes.

And thanks again Dugnutt, appreciate the feedback/support!

Top Bottom