• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Spider-Man: Birth of a Hero - by Blankfist

blankfist

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've also posted the torrent on my personal site for the time being: acrimeforcharlie

Sorry about the password site.

blankfist

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Boon23 tells me you still need to be logged in to use the tracker - not sure what that means, personally. I'm sorry, this shows how little I understand about hosting torrents. :( Big apologies to all! I will try to find a solution. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the advantage of myspleen: anti leech tracker. The torrent will be seeded and well seeded for a while.
the disadvantage of myspleen: not many people will get it through that.

Still I think this is the best way to seed it.

And it will be on Rapidshare soon.

stomachworm

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay folks, in the spirit of community & genorosity, I have 10 invites to myspleen. PM me with "INVITE" in the subject line and include your email addy and I'll send you one.

blankfist

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And, I have one invite. The first person to PM me gets it.

kaine23

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have over 10 myspleen invites if anyone wants one. Just PM me with your email address please.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i have some myself too.

...and great new!! apparently I can torrent again, and on my great connection. will have to start helping out again

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
cool have they unblocked you

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll just wait for a rapidshare version

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
AvP said:
cool have they unblocked you

seems that way. I check every now and again, and I was actually able to torrent. was a happy moment. I am not a huge torrent fan, but some things (like the MST3K DAP DVDs) I can really only get through torrent or trade. I also got a bunch of stuff for the HP Archives that way.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yea got this trouble a few weeks go now torrents are working for me now,what are these MST3K i see loads on myspleen

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the DVDs are preservations by Digital Archive Project. Really decent transfers of MST3K episodes (from peoples VHS copies) that are not commercially available. I am a huge MST3K fan, so its a godsend. There are also AVI releases, but I stick with the DVD ones.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
what is the qualty like

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
varies. from very nice to pretty good. I think they are all pretty awesome for VHS transfers. They do some awesome work. Every now and again there are some noticeable glitches from the VHS source. but IMHO they are fantastic.

if you are a MST3K fan, I would strongly recommend them to supplement the official releases.

but not to get too off topic ;) anyone watch this spidey edit yet?

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
it hasnt finished yet...hopefully sometime tonight.

stomachworm

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
varies. from very nice to pretty good. I think they are all pretty awesome for VHS transfers. They do some awesome work. Every now and again there are some noticeable glitches from the VHS source. but IMHO they are fantastic.

if you are a MST3K fan, I would strongly recommend them to supplement the official releases.

Agreed! And although .avi files aren't preferable it seems to be the only way to get the KTMA (pre-Comedy Central) season. At least I don't think that DAP has done any of these.

Keep circulating the tapes...

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am uploading this to RS now.

blankfist

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just tested the files I've used for the torrent and it seems to be missing a right audio channel. I tested the DVD I pulled it from, and they're playing fine. Is anyone else experiencing a loss of the right audio channels in 5.1?

I am going to recreate the DVD assets for that torrent, but I want to ensure I'm not the only one with the issue before doing so. Being that they're the original files, I'm sure I'm not the only one, but... wishful thinking over here.

Top Bottom