• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Spider-Man 4

Any idea when this is going to be released? It looks really fantastic for a special effects heavy fan film
I hope it's soon, but it might still be a while. They've still got some filming and fight choreography to do, they haven't even got the Lizard scenes shot yet as they were waiting on the costume and necccersary sets to be completed. Then there's the post-production process.

I’m worried it’s going to be too much for one movie. Vulture, Lizard, Shocker, Kingpin, Black Cat…..

I’m worried it’s going to be too much for one movie. Vulture, Lizard, Shocker, Kingpin, Black Cat…..
And Rhino too! :giggle:

Eric, the director, has addressed these concerns in previous videos. They're going by the original notes of the unmade 'official' Spider-Man 4, so a lot of the villains will only be making cameos at the beginning of the film, the main antagonists are the Vulture, Black Cat, and Lizard. Kingpin and Smythe contribute mostly to Felicia's story but take more of a backseat to whatever else goes on.

Quick update: Eric has confirmed in the YT comments of the latest video that post-production of scenes is being done back to back with actual filming. They're almost done with the opening

Quick update: Eric has confirmed in the YT comments of the latest video that post-production of scenes is being done back to back with actual filming. They're almost done with the opening
Gotta hope this means they'll be revising the CGI a little haha.
Man I'm excited for this film

I think the practical stuff (props and whatnot) are outstanding, it's mainly when it comes to the computer generated stuff, I think that's where there's a bit left to be desired, (Maybe Bryn should try getting some of the VFX peeps from Lotus on)
There's plenty of shots that are outstanding though, the Lizard thing that was teased awhile back is fucking hot.

There could be a delay in the updates, the director's father has taken ill and is in hospital, so he's been drawing fanart to cheer him up

Christmas update from director Eric. His dad is doing better

From Erik's community page:

Hey everyone! We've been doing a lot of behind the scenes work for filming in February! In the meantime we have been working on VFX and here is an in-progress shot for Black Cat on a rooftop. Why am I sharing THIS image? It's because today is Mandi's birthday! Hope you all join me in wishing our Black Cat a Happy Birthday!

79c4OXO4JemUdQusjxvNVC8ii4ixTSN2-elhMTS1r7ixhdT3EZxMpyFiv0bO66OER2qXkTeLndDz=s640-c-fcrop64=1,2faf0000c30dffff-nd-v1

From High Mountain Studios last knnown Youttube video, in response to a comment about them taking the money and running:

Between the Jameson Office, Black Cat Lair, Spider-Man suits, Vulture Armor, Digi-Stilts for Lizard, and a lot of small costs building up like: Wardrobe, props, set dressing, makeup, etc. we spent the 10k donated in pre-production and the first year of production. everything since (such as the sewer set, Black Cat's wardrobe, and additional set dressing, makeup, etc.) has been funded completely out of pocket by us and we've easily poured another 6k alone into this film. We're absolutely struggling and took on more than we could chew but we never made a profit of any kind of this film.
Sounds like they're in the red

The next update is on it's way

Reading the comments of this short video, Erick says it's now 65% done, most of the live footage is done, though there are still a few key scenes left to film, and the remainder will be all CG.

Back
Top Bottom