• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Spider-Man 3: The Enemy Within:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
There have been a few attempts to improve Spider-Man 3, This is a great one. Generally seen as the weakest of the trilogy, Spider-Man 3 is a fair movie but its hampered by a bit too much going on (3 villains, Gwen Stacey, etc.), by a fair amount of cheese, and by unnecessarily revisiting Uncle Ben's death yet again (this time by shoe-horning Sandman/ Flint Marko into the original tragedy). Venom looked a bit odd too. Bobson Dugnutt has had a previous go at the film with an extended edition "Spider-Man 3.1: The Hybrid Cut" (which I liked very much), but here he goes in the opposite direction, cutting almost half an hour, mixing in some new scenes and fiddling with the narrative. Its significantly de-cheesed (is that a word?), much less bloated (for example, the Uncle Ben / Flint Marko connection is thankfully gone), and there is a lot less exposition. The film is a lot darker now, has a more consistent tone, much better pacing and much clearer themes and arc. It has much more of the same feel as Spider-Man 1 and 2 as well. It works very well. In short, much, much better -- definitely superior to the official version. I kind of liked the official version, but this? I like it very much. I didn't give audio full marks as there is a sound glitch in my version (8 gb) early in the MJ and Peter gazing at the stars, lying on a giant web, scene. But otherwise it’s the smooth ride, audio and video, we expect from Bobson. Strongly recommended.

Continue reading...

Top Bottom