• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Spider-Man 3: The Darkness Within (the ADigitalMan edit)

ADigitalMan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Guess what I'm doing right now.
venom-spiderman-emoticon.gif

maven48

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you can make spiderman 3 work, i will be proud.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wohow! The ADM is fanediting again. Awesome news!!! And I thought the next one we would get from you was HARRY POTTER 5 EXTENDED... But that is even better.

Erix

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I didn't hate Spidey 3.

But I look forward to seeing this.

beckmen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am eagerly awaiting this release. I am going to attempt my own personal edit, but ADM's might be better...

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really hope you will release it, beckmen.

beckmen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Probably not, but if I do finish it, I will post details in case somebody wants to reconstruct it or something.

ADigitalMan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's about 10 minutes shorter and tries to cut out most of the camp. The only comedic part I just couldn't remove was Bruce Campbell's French Waiter stuff ... his nonsense is always welcome in my world.

The movie gets to the point faster, cutting out the whole opening night on broadway/backstage stuff. Gone are Disco Pete and Bleeding Gums Parker as I like to call them. Vibrating desk scene is gone. After the newscasters get their expository stuff out of the way in the climax, they're pretty much cut out. A couple of the camera kid's dumber lines and some crowd reaction is trimmed down. In other words, I tried to cut out all the really stupid crap that detracted from what was otherwise a better film than most people realized. I also shuffled a couple of things around and did some cool stuff in the audio mix with Venom's voice and with the scene where Peter and Conners were on the phone.

I muxed the disc overnight and plan to preview later today after I get some real work done. But it came together really quickly and I feel pretty good about the result so far.

I don't think this will be a DL release. It fits almost perfectly on SL media.

Of course, when the inevitable 3.1 comes out I'll have to do this all over again. :x :-D

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nice to see you back in action, ADM.... you are absolutely a machine ;)

ADigitalMan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It feels good to have a project like this to enjoy again. The baby still isn't sleeping through the night and work is still busier than ever, hence my decreased output and presence, but I'm still here.

beckmen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ADigitalMan said:
It's about 10 minutes shorter and tries to cut out most of the camp. The only comedic part I just couldn't remove was Bruce Campbell's French Waiter stuff ... his nonsense is always welcome in my world.

The movie gets to the point faster, cutting out the whole opening night on broadway/backstage stuff. Gone are Disco Pete and Bleeding Gums Parker as I like to call them. Vibrating desk scene is gone. After the newscasters get their expository stuff out of the way in the climax, they're pretty much cut out. A couple of the camera kid's dumber lines and some crowd reaction is trimmed down. In other words, I tried to cut out all the really stupid crap that detracted from what was otherwise a better film than most people realized. I also shuffled a couple of things around and did some cool stuff in the audio mix with Venom's voice and with the scene where Peter and Conners were on the phone.

I muxed the disc overnight and plan to preview later today after I get some real work done. But it came together really quickly and I feel pretty good about the result so far.

I don't think this will be a DL release. It fits almost perfectly on SL media.

Of course, when the inevitable 3.1 comes out I'll have to do this all over again. :x :-D

Sounds awesome, and just what the doctor ordered! Look forward to it, man. Welcome back! :D

ADigitalMan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I previewed my cut last night and, for the first time, really liked this film. Really.

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
good to hear it ADM :) nice to see you back in action :)

i must admit i haven't even seen spider-man 3 at all yet... :(
but when i finally do i'll have to check out your edit :) whatever
the movie is like, i'm sure your edit will improve it ;)

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yeah, I am in the same boat as lewis. I wasnt really into the spidey flicks, but maybe you will give me a reason to check it out.

ADigitalMan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You can officially move this out of "In The Works." I considered moving a couple of the opening scenes around a bit more but ultimately ruled it out.

Meanwhile ... artwork:
spidey3admimandixnv1.jpg

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
great looking cover, as usual ADM. ...if only you could find time for the cover art contest ;)

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Considering the news reporter in the third movie died shortly after, it's only fitting he remains. Thanks for cutting out what wasnt needed

"Parker At The Disco" is not what this film's unappreciated direction required

Top Bottom