• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Spider-Man 3: The Darkness Within (the ADigitalMan edit)

That's weird about the pan and scan. I used to have that setting on for my player years ago, and they only time it ever cropped a disc was when I put in that Twist movie with Nick Stahl. Took me a while to figure out what was going on. I think the discs needs to be encoded to recognize the pan and scan mode and zoom in...so it's weird that a fanedit would do that. Hmm.

I think it's interesting that Spidey 2.1.1 (a private project of mine) did the same thing. I wonder if it's something about Spidey movies. Or Columbia maybe.

Okay, I just finished watching ADM's cut of Spider-Man III, and I have to say it's really impressive. The theatrical release left me disappointed, and ADM did a fine job of taking out those disappointing elements without hurting the integrity of the story.

Technically, ADM has this whole recut thing down pat. The quality of the DVD is excellent. The sound was great, and he was able to keep the integrity of the 5.1 mix, which was awesome! Creatively, I'm also pleased he decided to remove the glaring issues instead of trying to reinvent the plot with some showy edits. He takes out just enough to make the movie better. And, surprisingly it IS better now. It's actually watchable.

My dislike list is small and barely worth mentioning. Personally I wasn't a fan of the music choice during the Peter Parker & Dr. Connor telephone scene. It fit well enough within the motif of the Elfman score, but to me it was just out of place enough to distract me a bit. The Venom voice sounded okay, and I was pleased he tried to apply an effect to Venom's voice, but I almost wanted the amount of the effect to be a little less in your face. Still, these are tiny, tiny nearly insignificant issues within a greater project.

Here's my attempt at rating this film:

Technical: 5 of out 5
Quality: 5 out of 5
Sound: 5 our of 5
Creative choice: 4.5 out of 5

Overall: 5 out of 5

Thanks for this, ADM. You did a fantastic job on this!

I love the most of ADM?s stuff
but the story-line felt a bit broken in this one, like some little piece was missing, hard to describe but...,
it feel like if i havent seen the "original" i would have got lost....

I feel like that's the problem with all cuts of this movie, unfortunately. I think that when Spider-Man 3.1 inevitably comes out the whole film will make more sense to us.

ok now that I've watched it all, on my tv, lights out. I feel I should give some of my thoughts.

I still think that in most ways, this is better then the original, although I guess I don't think that cutting out stuff like mary's first show and other things was good for the story, mostly because we lose the harry and peter conversation, which I felt was needed. but I guess I can live with it.

I agree about all the other cuts though, everything I didn't like was gone (dancing, WICKED KOOL, ect.) and venom's voice was awesome, much better. I admit I was a little worried about how you would cut out the jazz club dance, since I thought if he didn't dance and make a scene, then it wouldn't work that mary jane felt bad and was all "what's wrong with you?!" and such. so GREAT job getting that to work.

And I guess there was one other thing, the music in the scene with conners on the phone seemed a little bit loud, at least to fit the feel of the rest of the movie. the mood was right, but it seemed to jump at you a little to much. I'm not sure this would work, I would try it myself if I had something better then windows movie maker to work with (it can't do audio worth crap) but I was thinking maybe you should put the black spidey score behind it (if you redo for 3.1), I don't know, just an idea. it would fit the rest of movie more I think.

all in all though I think this was a bit better then the original, and I'm glad I could see it. Great job!

I disagree that cutting the original song number at the beginning (and more importantly, the Harry/Peter conversation) has detracted from the story. It was redundant, in my opinion, though the rule of thumb for critiques has always been when more than one person points out the same problem, then there's probably some truth to it. So, in that case, maybe I'm wrong.

In any event, I think you did the best anyone could do with the material. Better than the original DVD release!

ADM did a great job getting rid of a lot of junk, but a few scant minor annoyances still remain for me. They're minor though so no biggie. No one else has really taken a stab at editing this film, so more props to ADM.

berkayde said:
Can someone send me the links in pm please?

I mentioned in reply to your other requests, but please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

@"Orion210" If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Back
Top Bottom