• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Spider-Man 3: The Darkness Within (the ADigitalMan edit)

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
then: do it. And if you first need to learn how it is done: do that. Your help is very appreciated.

stomachworm

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Raul2106 said:
Even paying the money for RS doesn't really get you the film faster than a torrent.

Really!?!?!?! I was stuck at 86.something percent on the Old Habits Die Hard torrent for a week! (24/7). It went to R/S and I d/l it within 2 hours! Not faster? (No offense but...) I laugh at you! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had to get that one in.

sladetwc

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I guess it'd be my turn to laugh... I just ponied up the dough to get three months of RS, and in a matter of hours, I had Gekko's Miami Vice "Go-Fast" which wasn't being seeded... and it's on a DVD. Can't say the same for torrents. RS just got another loyal customer.

sumspiderman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ADigitalMan, I have to say, your cut is AMAZING, this is one of my favorite movies ever, and you fixed the only things I didn't like about it, thank you! it's awesome.

anyway, please no one yell at me for this, but does anyone know a simple way to make all the files of the movie (I downloaded off rapidshare) into an ISO? cause I can burn that at least, I can't burn anything else cause my free trial with nero ended.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
http://www.imgburn.com/

ImgBurn is a lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application that everyone should have in their toolkit!

It has several 'Modes', each one for performing a different task:

* Read - Read a disc to an image file
* Build - Create an image file from files on your computer or network - or you can write the files directly to a disc
* Write - Write an image file to a disc
* Verify - Check a disc is 100% readable. Optionally, you can also have ImgBurn compare it against a given image file to ensure the actual data is correct
* Discovery - Put your drive / media to the test! Used in combination with DVDInfoPro, you can check the quality of the burns your drive is producing

sumspiderman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
thank you so much, I got it working and on disk now:D might even put it in the spider-man 3 case and treat it like the real thing

ADigitalMan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Glad you enjoyed it! Tell all your friends about it and spread the love!

sumspiderman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ADigitalMan said:
Glad you enjoyed it! Tell all your friends about it and spread the love!

heh oh trust me, I sure did, they can't wait to see it now........although my friend likes the dancing more then anything else in the movie so..........but he wants to see the venom voice.

ok that whole burn on DVD thing went well, menu works and everything. But for some reason, it lost it's widescreen. Like on the credits, it would say "sam r" instead of rami, cause the ami got cut off. it's really werid cause I watched the vob files and it wasn't like that. guess I'll just try again

ADigitalMan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Interesting. Something similar happened to me with Spider-Man 2.1.1 but in the end it was a player setting that was goofed up and had nothing to do with the disc. I only mention this because it was funny to me that you had a similar problem with Spidey 3. The symptom sounds the same.

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really wanted to like Spider-Man 3, but when I got the DVD and tried to watch it, I couldn't help but skip through a 3? hour film, which was messy, badly acted and written, and just far too long.

ADM's Spider-Man 3 attempted to tackle some of the worst parts of the film, like Saturday Night Peter (in which I think How It Should Have Ended parodied it perfectly) and the more pointless moments.

However, unfortunately there is a lot that should have gone. Much of the things revolving around Mary-Jane were longer than they should have been. (Just for the record, I didn't mind ADM leaving Bruce Campbell in, I really enjoyed those moments which brought levity to an otherwise poor scene). But it is a marked improvement over the original film, and although I found myself skipping many scenes I did like this much better than the original.

Technically, as always, it is excellently edited. Absolutely flawless, can't fault it.

The problem is that ADM basically wasn't brutal enough with his editing.

The original film I personally gave 2 out of 5 for watchability, I give this fan edit 3? out of 5 in that category.

Technical achievement is 5 out of 5, as with pretty much all ADM fan edits it's perfect (see above).

All together I give it 3 out of 5. I may be doing another fan edit based on this one in the future, as if I did it myself I would have cut exactly the things he has.

http://www.faneditforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3085

sumspiderman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
well I tried again, this time with a sony blank DVD, and when it was done I played it in the computer. Perfect picture quality, perfect widescreen, perfect everything. yet it still did the same thing on my DVD player, this is the only DVD it does that for, and it does it for both burns (which were different brands each) so the problem must be the way my DVD player reads the files of this movie. I don't know. All I know is that it's stopping me from enjoying the perfect version of my favorite movie :(

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
does your DVD contain a video_ts and audio_ts folder?

sumspiderman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
boon23 said:
does your DVD contain a video_ts and audio_ts folder?

yes I put all 3 folders that were there into an iso and burned it.

the folders were video_ts, audio_ts and the dvd_rom folder. are those right?

and the DVD is perfect on the computer, so like I said, it must just be the way my player reads these files. since all the other ISO dvd burns I made are fine.

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, that's right, as DVD_ROM contains the cover art. You might need to check your DVD player settings.

sumspiderman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great news everybody, I changed a setting on the DVD player and all is well now :smile: Thanks again, ADM, for a great edit.

the ONLY downside to this is I'll have to change the setting back whenever I watch a different DVD, but I'll live.

ADigitalMan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Which setting? What's your player model? I'm curious as to why you need to change it each time.

sumspiderman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
it's a "Insignia" DVD player. The funny thing is, all I had to do was change the DVD player's setting of pan and scan, to letter box. Strange that it wasn't ever a problem with other widescreen DVD's.

ok I found out why having it on pan and scan (which I didn't even know) never hurt the normal widescreen dvd's. I put in the original Spider-man 3 disk and found out it sets itself to LB on it's own, and doesn't let you change it.

so at least I learned something today :smile: and this also means I was wrong about having to change for each DVD.....

ADigitalMan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awesome. Glad it's working for you and that you learned something new about your player as a by-product.

Enjoy!

--ADM

Top Bottom