• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Spider-Man 3: The Darkness Within (the ADigitalMan edit)

Ghostcut said:
The first and foremost problem with Spider-Man 3, though, was that it went on and on and on... it's like the Burly Brawl in the Matrix Reloaded - far too long. In the end I just ended up hitting the Next button on the DVD remote.

Ha ha, how do you know if the movie was any good when you didnt see it then?

Like looking at a metallica consert dvd without the sound on an then say they suck...
weird...

ADM only releases by sending it to seeders. No need to bother him about that.

I really wanted to like Spider-Man 3, but when I got the DVD and tried to watch it, I couldn't help but skip through a 3? hour film, which was messy, badly acted and written, and just far too long.

ADM's Spider-Man 3 attempted to tackle some of the worst parts of the film, like Saturday Night Peter (in which I think How It Should Have Ended parodied it perfectly) and the more pointless moments.

However, unfortunately there is a lot that should have gone. Much of the things revolving around Mary-Jane were longer than they should have been. (Just for the record, I didn't mind ADM leaving Bruce Campbell in, I really enjoyed those moments which brought levity to an otherwise poor scene). But it is a marked improvement over the original film, and although I found myself skipping many scenes I did like this much better than the original.

Technically, as always, it is excellently edited. Absolutely flawless, can't fault it.

The problem is that ADM basically wasn't brutal enough with his editing.

The original film I personally gave 2 out of 5 for watchability, I give this fan edit 3? out of 5 in that category.

Technical achievement is 5 out of 5, as with pretty much all ADM fan edits it's perfect (see above).

All together I give it 3 out of 5. I may be doing another fan edit based on this one in the future, as if I did it myself I would have cut exactly the things he has.

thanks for the cool review, gc.

Halfway through watching SM3 I started to dl this fanedit. The dance number alone made me cry. (Yes, just finished the movie).

Secrets to becoming great at funky dancing or jazz improv:

1) Get bitten by genetically altered spider.
2) Cover yourself in black alien goo.
3) Get down with your bad self.

:oops: :?

ADM, I posted a review in the Member Reviews forum. In a nutshell: you could have cut more.

ADigitalMan said:
Secrets to becoming great at funky dancing or jazz improv:

1) Get bitten by genetically altered spider.
2) Cover yourself in black alien goo.
3) Get down with your bad self.

:oops: :?

Those are words to live by, my friend.

In the Member Reviews forum said:
I really wanted to like Spider-Man 3, but when I got the DVD and tried to watch it, I couldn't help but skip through a 3? hour film, which was messy, badly acted and written, and just far too long.

ADM's Spider-Man 3 attempted to tackle some of the worst parts of the film, like Saturday Night Peter (in which I think How It Should Have Ended parodied it perfectly) and the more pointless moments.

However, unfortunately there is a lot that should have gone. Much of the things revolving around Mary-Jane were longer than they should have been. (Just for the record, I didn't mind ADM leaving Bruce Campbell in, I really enjoyed those moments which brought levity to an otherwise poor scene). But it is a marked improvement over the original film, and although I found myself skipping many scenes I did like this much better than the original.

Technically, as always, it is excellently edited. Absolutely flawless, can't fault it.

The problem is that ADM basically wasn't brutal enough with his editing.

The original film I personally gave 2 out of 5 for watchability, I give this fan edit 3? out of 5 in that category.

Technical achievement is 5 out of 5, as with pretty much all ADM fan edits it's perfect (see above).

All together I give it 3 out of 5. I may be doing another fan edit based on this one in the future, as if I did it myself I would have cut exactly the things he has.

Boon why don't you just create a torrent section for this site? That way members only will seed and leech.

Nothing other than fanedits would be uploaded. It would be the perfect outlet.

Raul, why do we need a "members only" torrents section? If people who download will seed, it's the same thing already. I know I'm guilty of stopping the seed before I "pay it forward", but I've gotten better when I see how helpful it is to pull data in torrents from more than one unlucky seeder.

I don't think we have enough members. You'd have torrents with 1 seed and 2 peers (or leachers, whatever you call downloaders) and the speed would be treacherous.

no, TPB is the best idea - those seem to seed for a long while

TPB has a lot of crap. If fanedited had their own torrent site section it would make it easier to get the films because people who are registered with the site would seed. I think it makes more sense because it adds to what is making the site great. Being able to obtain high quality fan edits. I disagree with the notion that there are not enough members. In reality their would be more people seeding here than there are on TPB or Mininova. Plus there is the nice advantage of this site being dedicated exclusively to fanedits and extended cuts. Rapidshare is ok but I still think that torrenting is the better option. Even paying the money for RS doesn't really get you the film faster than a torrent it just doesn't depend on seeds. I would actually be more willing to pay for a reliable torrent. I have tried Rapidshare and do not really see that many benefits.

I could be wrong,But I do not think Boon or any of the rest of us want to have our own torrent site here,now that is getting way to risky IMO.

so...raul2106, when will you start uploading fanedits via torrent? Because in all honesty other than that you won't change anything. Be an example of how it is done. I also would not mind if you said: Hey, I just created a torrent website for fanedits only.
Asking for services only is of course the easiest way to go. We get more than enough of that.

Back
Top Bottom