• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Spider-Man 3: Redemption by Badscooter - Remastered

RogueVader1996

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A side project to my own fanedit of Spider-Man 3, this edit seeks to upgrade the 9-year-old fanedit by badscooter to full 1080p HD.

Currently, the only surviving version of this edit is a 700mb AVI with low framerate and pixel size, and plain stereo audio. I don't know if any other version still survives, but it seems the highest version released was a DVD-5 version.

My version will bring it to 1080p HD with 5.1 audio, with exactly the same cuts as badscooter's original.

It would be awesome if you remastered the no sandman fanedit also.  That one is great also.

The No Sandman edition is still available in DVD-5, so a remaster is not as urgent. Also, it's made from the PAL DVD so it's speeded up by 4%, making a frame-by-frame remaster harder.

The Redemption edit, however, is sourced from the Blu-Ray or the NTSC DVD, so a Blu-Ray remaster is much easier to get it exactly like the original. It's actually already finished, but the audio is still just the stereo track transferred from the old edit.

You can already get the remaster with stereo audio if you can't wait for (or don't want) the version with 5.1 audio.

RogueVader1996 said:
The No Sandman edition is still available in DVD-5, so a remaster is not as urgent. Also, it's made from the PAL DVD so it's speeded up by 4%, making a frame-by-frame remaster harder.

The Redemption edit, however, is sourced from the Blu-Ray or the NTSC DVD, so a Blu-Ray remaster is much easier to get it exactly like the original. It's actually already finished, but the audio is still just the stereo track transferred from the old edit.

You can already get the remaster with stereo audio if you can't wait for (or don't want) the version with 5.1 audio.

I'm interested in reviewing this; is it still available? Also is the 5.1 audio for this finished?

This edit has been approved. This upgrade of Redemption is technically sound and in excellent A/V quality.

Are remasters of old edits allowed here? A bit of a grey area for me, because I was thinking of doing one for the legendary Red Book Edition to get myself into the fanediting game. Something interesting to ponder… 🤔

Are remasters of old edits allowed here? A bit of a grey area for me, because I was thinking of doing one for the legendary Red Book Edition to get myself into the fanediting game. Something interesting to ponder… 🤔
They are indeed. eg

To be clear, pretty sure these are all from the ground up remakes. If the editor of the original is active, i'd recommend asking them first (and crediting them regardless).

They are indeed. eg

To be clear, pretty sure these are all from the ground up remakes. If the editor of the original is active, i'd recommend asking them first (and crediting them regardless).
Well, scaperat has been offline for years now, but I'm sure he'd be flattered. :)

Back on topic, you deserve to be commended for remastering a classic fan edit from the previous decade. Count me in for a formal viewing! ^^

EDIT: Apparently, scaperat was last seen on the forums in June last year. There might be a shimmer of hope that he'll be on board with the idea. 🤞

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom