• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Spider-Man 3 Back And Black

SonofSinbad said:
Final render is finished and watched, there are a few more things that need work, but I will be sending  a PM in the upcoming days to submit it.

Wait, you're going to submit it despite things still needing work? Why not fix them before submitting? And if there are things still needing work, then it can't be the final render.

Zarius said:
SonofSinbad said:
Final render is finished and watched, there are a few more things that need work, but I will be sending  a PM in the upcoming days to submit it.

Wait, you're going to submit it despite things still needing work? Why not fix them before submitting? And if there are things still needing work, then it can't be the final render.

No I've just rendered a polished version of it. What I meant by that is im finishing it up and then PMing in the next few days.

Here's the full cutlist for my edit of Spider-Man 3

- Added the fanedit.org flash effect intro 
- Cut Harry and Peter having an argument
- Cut Peter giving Mary Jane flowers
- Trimmed stargazing scene
- Trimmed Flint running from the police
- Trimmed Flint and his daughter's mom conversation
- Trimmed Harry Vs Peter fight
- Trimmed Harry and Peter's conversation mid-fight
- Cut Flint punching the dog
- Cut the people who cause the sand to spin around Flint
- Cut the whole subplot of the review MJ gets
- Trimmed the skyscraper crane scene
- Cut the pills scene
- Sadly I had to cut the Stan Lee cameo out of it due to pacing
- Cut Harry's dialog saying to Bernard "Do I have any Girlfriends?"
- Trimmed MJ talking to her bosses
- Cut Peter and MJ talking about the bad review
- Cut the whole scene with the fist jumping through the sand
- Trimmed the fight scene with Sandman and Spider-Man
- Cut when MJ sees the newspaper saying Spidey Scores
- Trimmed the conversation at the restaurant between MJ and Peter
- Trimmed the second fight between Spider-Man and Sandman
- Cut Peter moaning about the god damn door
- Cut Mr. Dikovich's conversation with Peter
- Cut MJ entering Harry's mansion
- Trimmed Harry and Peter's second fight
- Cut the worst line in whole movie "Im gonna shove some dirt in your eye

- I know what most people will say, you wanna try and make Spider-Man 3 a better movie but you leave the horrible walk down the street dance scene in. However this is the classic Raimi style so I don't mind leaving it in. But I have changed it still.

- Rescored the dance down the street scene with ACDC's Back In Black
- Cut the conversation between Dr. Connors and Peter through the phone.
- Cut Peter getting the staff job and talking to J. Jonah Jamerson

- Again like I said before the dance in the club is the classic Raimi style so I haven't touched it as that is when you can really see the evil within takes over.

- Cut the conversation between Sandman and Venom
- Trimmed the first half of the fight
- Cut J. Jonah Jamerson buying the camera off the girl
- Trimmed the second half of the fight
- Cut Harry's Funeral
- Cut Peter and MJ at the end
- Ends on Peter, MJ and Peter and fades away. This makes the watcher thinks, did Harry live, did MJ and Peter get back together and does Flint get the money for his daughter.
- Fades into saying A Son Of Sinbad Fanedit
- Roll credits

Edit submitted, thread moved to Pending Approval.

I was able to start the review of this edit and while it does need some more work in a few areas, the finish line is in sight.

That's great news, press ahead Son, we're almost there. We'll get our first father-son IFDB tandem yet! :D

Well I've finished up editing the fixes @"DigModiFicaTion" told me to do and i really think this edit may get approved.

No need to tag a forum member in a post unless you want them to read the specific post. I did get your PMs. ;)

DigModiFicaTion said:
No need to tag a forum member in a post unless you want them to read the specific post. I did get your PMs. ;)

Nah I just wanted to inform people i got another version available.

And to make you see the post  :)

Again,
DigModiFicaTion said:
tumblr_ouivdhqiMi1sgx7gio2_r1_640.gifv

So if anybody is interested to know how everything is going right now during the reviewing of my edit by DigMod, it is looking very likely this is gonna be approved soon. I literally only have a couple of scenes to fix up.

I'd be interested in seeing a preview cut or whatever the next incarnation of this edit is, if feedback is still needed that is.

Bobson Dugnutt said:
I'd be interested in seeing a preview cut or whatever the next incarnation of this edit is, if feedback is still needed that is.

Thanks Bobson for you kind gensture, I would really appreciate if you could have a look, and respond with feedback.

So I have some good news, we have the final cut of the edit, so I think this will be on IFDB soon.

approved-by-digmodification-comic-edition-3.png

SonofSinbad has shown true commitment to the art of fanediting throughout the review process of his edit, Spider-Man 3 Back and Black. What he has produced is a fanedit that tightens up the pace by removing ~20 minutes of footage that does not directly support the main narrative/plot. While this edit might not save the movie for everyone, as it does still include the more cringey moments of Tobey Maguire's Peter Parker, it just might be the edit for those who mildly enjoyed the original movie and wanted something more straightforward and familiar to the previous two outings.

I truly enjoyed and appreciated SonofSinbad's commitment to getting things right and pushing himself to expand in his ability to execute the edits he wanted to achieve. This commitment is evident in his final work. He has shown a willingness to receive feedback and an ability to rise to the challenge of making adjustments. Because of this, we'd like to welcome @"SonofSinbad" to the nerdtastic hall of approved faneditors. We would also ask that all who hold this title continue to apply the wise words of Uncle Ben,​
64050332.jpg

Congratulations SonofSinbad! Keep up the good work!​

Oh I am pleased to hear this. I've always followed and supported @"SonofSinbad" 's fanediting journey, finally the boy comes of age. Very proud of you mate, congrats.

Yay I've joined the green squad!!

For the two years I've been on this site I have enjoyed every single moment. You all welcomed me with open arms and pushed me to become a better editor and I am truly grateful for that. I just want to thank @"DigModiFicaTion" for the time he put in to help me get this edit spot on, and the finishing result is way better than the original.

I also want to thank other people who also have helped me with this edit. @Zarius, @"Canon Editor" @"macmilln" and many more. I am so happy that I have joined the approved faneditors and I will stick with this site for as long as I can.

Expect more great edits from me :)

Back
Top Bottom