• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Spence's "The Amazing Spider-Man"

ron2112

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, I've been working on this...

http://www.the-mosi.net/SpenceSpidey.jpg (3.2MB)

...but honestly I'm not super-happy with it. It's not very cohesive; the front and back really don't go together at all, and the front is not as thrilling as I originally thought it might be. Hey, it's my first DVD cover, what can I say? :) But anyway, I'm using it for now in the absence of any available covers (as far as I know), so if anyone else likes it, have at it. If it's sufficiently popular I'll make disc art to go with it.

Or if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. Might as well turn this into a learning experience.

Oh... Boon, if you're reading this, on the true fanedits page, the link for this title goes to the correct page but the "no artwork" image above it does not.

Ron Moses

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thanks ron, Iiwll correct that asap.
...and I think your cover is already very good, you should still work on the spine, it need to have a more fitting font there or maybe some color. Now who would have thought we have another art talent among us... pretty kewl!
Can you make fitting disc art too?

notbond007

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here is the disc art that I came up with for Spence's Spider-Man Edit:

theamazingspidermancdyg4.jpg

I hope RON doesn't mind but I took his cover and replaced the pictures to make it go more with my CD art. I really like his original cover though.

theamazingspidermanfronrj1.jpg

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like it a lot, notbond007. Unfortunately it does not fit to Ron's cover, because of the font, which is close to what Spence used on his edit. Perhaps there could be a combination of these two.

ron2112

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't actually watched Spence's edit yet... as I'm not terribly pleased with my cover, perhaps I will adjust it to be more in line with notbond007's disc art. I won't have time for a few days, however.

Ron Moses

Kracker

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice cover ron... keep up the good work on your cover & don't give up.
This is what i have so far for this edit... still working on it.

spiderman3dhb7.jpg

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
very nice cover, kracker!

ron2112

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, I like Kracker's. Mine was a good first effort (thanks for the praise, folks) but given the choice I'd go with Kracker's instead. It would maybe be nice to have some of the explanatory text on the back, but then again it has a nice clean look this way, and if someone wanted to add the text on their own, they could.

Ron Moses

ron2112

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice, Darksaber! I like the warmer tone, in comparison to Kracker's cooler palette, which is also nice. It seems to "pop" a bit more. Very nice work.

Though I wonder if your back panel doesn't suffer from the opposite problem of Kracker's... possibly a bit too busy with text? I don't know, I guess I would need to see it in the case before I could say for sure. The only other suggestion I might offer would be to see if you can work the classic "Amazing Spider-Man" logo into the front cover, as Kracker has done. The font you've chosen is very cool, but I think the logo is what will give it that "Marvel Comics" feel. That's just my opinion.

But I like them both very much! Great work fellas!

Ron Moses

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
great work, darksaber, now where can I download this? Or could you just send it to me via email so I can upload it to the website?

Darksaber

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ron, thanks for the comments theyr'e welcome, but the font I have chosen is the same font Spence used on his menu's and changed credits screen so thought fitting, I did think about using the standard "the Amazing Spider-Man" logo, but that logo is really referance to the 1967 spiderman cartoons.

The back panel is the same font and just a brief outline of the film, plus changes spence made to the film

The Font is called keelhauled bb

Kracker I really like the pumkin disk, could I ask where you got the pic, or could you possibly send me the disk label in PSD format please

Thanks

Boon here is the Link to the Label and Disk Right click and save as

ron2112

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Darksaber said:
Ron, thanks for the comments theyr'e welcome, but the font I have chosen is the same font Spence used on his menu's and changed credits screen so thought fitting
Ah, I hadn't seen the menu yet. Yes, quite fitting! Thanks for the great cover!

Ron Moses

ron2112

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ha! Love that Daily Bugle cover. I'm not sure it works, but I love it anyway. :smile:

Ron Moses

Top Bottom