• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Spectre - The LS Cut - A Last Survivor Fanedit

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
EOUw2x.png

Original title:  Spectre

Fanedit title: Spectre - The LS Cut

Studios: Eon Productions, MGM, B24, Columbia Pictures, Danjaq
Faneditor: Last Survivor
Originally released: 2015
Fanedit release: August 2019
Original running time: 148 minutes approx
Fanedit running time: 136 minutes approx
Cut time: 12 minutes cut
Started edit: November 2018
Finished edit: August 2019

Synopsis and Purpose of Edit:

Spectre was an attempt by Eon Productions and director Sam Mendes to embrace the grandiose nature of the Bond films of yesteryear, both in terms of the locales used, the scope of the picture and in bringing back the arch villain Blofeld and the Spectre organisation.  Whilst it was wildly successful at the box-office, the reception on the film was very mixed.  Some reveled in the large scale nature of the film, whilst others cited a poor script, lacklustre direction and a poorly executed idea of linking all the Daniel Craig Bond films together - not to mention the little controversial storyline regarding Blofeld being related to Bond as an adoptive brother.

The LS Cut is an attempt to address what I believe to be the most damaging aspects of the film, such as ensuring that Bond is no longer related to Blofeld in any way other than being a nuisance to his Spectre organisation and their somewhat shady goals.  There's also a concerted effort to tighten the pacing in some areas (for example - trimming the showy one long shot during the pre-credits scene).  Whilst I don't think it's possible to fully save the lacklustre final 3rd act, I hope that Bond fans can at least enjoy Spectre a little more as a proper Bond romp without having to endure the idea that Blofeld was 007's adoptive brother all along.   

Oh, plus I've added a slight colour correction to try to add a few red midtones, as the picture always seemed to have a very yellow/sandy palette.

Cutlist:

-    Removed “The Dead are alive” opening title card
-    Trimmed long tracking shot during opening pre-credits sequence
-    Added new title song “007nside” by Lara George over title sequence
-    Cut scene where Bond sees the order of temporary guardianship notice and the burnt photograph from the artifacts recovered from Skyfall
-    Trimmed scene where Bond looks over the old Aston Martin DB5 when visiting Q
-    Cut brief scene where Bond gazes down at the special gadget buttons on the new DB10 after he has arrived in Rome
-    Trimmed scene at funeral
-    Trimmed the meeting of operatives for Spectre, as Blofeld is introduced for the first time, to remove any personal links between Bond and Blofeld, such as the “Cuckoo” remark
-    Trimmed car chase scene – removing comedy moments such as the Frank Sinatra song and when the airbag is deployed on the car Bond  has been ramming
-    Trimmed Madeline and Bond at L’American, removing her line “I see 3 James’”
-    Cut scene of Madeline and Bond having sex after the fight with Mr Hinx ends
-    Shortened scene of Bond and Madeline waiting to be picked up after they get off the train… also removed her line “I’m scared James” as they are on their way to Blofeld’s secret HQ (I feel Bond just gentle holding her hand is enough)
-    Scenes at Blofeld’s HQ trimmed to remove any indication that Blofeld actually knew Bond from when they were kids (including the torture scene).  Now it appears that Bond has just been a nuisance to him instead.  Also removed the “You can touch it if you want” line when Bond and Madeline are looking at the meteorite
-    Finale at the old MI5 building trimmed – Bond no longer comes across pictures of Le Chifre, Vesper, Silva, Mr White and M, which always seemed way too much in my opinion
-    End scene of Bond and Madeline driving off in the DB5 now cut. Film ends with Bond walking to Madeline as Blofeld is arrested by M

Special Features:

Audio Commentary

Technical Details:

16:9 Anamorphic. MP4.
Stereo.
Software used: Vegas Pro 16, TSMuxer, Audacity, Yamb, Xara Photo & Graphic Designer

Special Thanks:
Sophie Welch

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congrats on finishing

At least one Bond production is no longer troubled (coughBOND25cough)

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
Congrats on finishing

At least one Bond production is no longer troubled (coughBOND25cough)

Thanks Zarius... Im still keeping fingers crossed for Bond 25... be nice for Craig to go out on a high.  If not, well... at least it will give me another Bond film to fanedit ;)

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frank1 said:
8gig download?
any smaller size?

Nope, afraid not.  This is a HD edit, so I was always aiming for the best quality I could get without making the file as big as say a blu ray file. Sorry.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I PMed LS but haven’t received a reply. I downloaded this and it extracted as an MP4 file. But when I play it, it has LS’s audio commentary and I can’t turn that off. Am I missing something obvious here? I’ve never encountered this with other fan edits.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
I PMed LS but haven’t received a reply. I downloaded this and it extracted as an MP4 file. But when I play it, it has LS’s audio commentary and I can’t turn that off. Am I missing something obvious here? I’ve never encountered this with other fan edits.

What type of player are you using?  I watched this on VLC and was able to choose what audio track I wanted to listen to and it worked fine for me.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Moe_Syzlak said:

What type of player are you using?  I watched this on VLC and was able to choose what audio track I wanted to listen to and it worked fine for me.

Just Apple TV. But that’s how I’ve watched every fan edit I’ve seen for close to a decade and I’ve never encountered this issue before.

Edit: but you gave me an idea. I loaded it into Handbrake and there are two audio tracks. It defaults to audio track 0, so I’m trying to covert with audio track 1. We’ll see.

Thanks!

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"Moe_Syzlak"  this was going to be my exact suggestion.  Handbrake is your best option to isolate it to the regular audio track.

Top Bottom