• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Spaghetti Western Soundtracks and Ennio Morricone music

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey so wondering if anyone out there is a big spaghetti western fan. I'm looking for a few good songs from spaghetti western movies, could be from Ennio Morricone but doesn't have to be. I need something that is not super iconic/ immediately associated with a particular movie. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love those soundtracks. What I use if I'm trying to make something that's not instantly recognizable is Calexico. While they're not exactly like Ennio, his influence is quite obvious. You'll have to dig around to find what you're looking for because they have a very eclectic style of music. I can help if you tell me a similar song to what you're looking for.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reave said:
I love those soundtracks. What I use if I'm trying to make something that's not instantly recognizable is Calexico. While they're not exactly like Ennio, his influence is quite obvious. You'll have to dig around to find what you're looking for because they have a very eclectic style of music. I can help if you tell me a similar song to what you're looking for.

Thanks reave, I'll look up some of Calexico's stuff. I don't really have a specific song in mind.

And Neg thanks for all of those!

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This may seem like an odd one, but it gives me a western feeling:
the intro to this one as well:

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
+1 for Calexico, but as reave said, you have to do some digging, as their catalog is pretty diverse. Speaking of which I picked up a cheap copy of The Black Light in the used bins yesterday. :)

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm not a big spaghetti western fan, but I am a big fan of spaghetti western scores and Ennio Morricone. Oddly, enough, I've been looking for little recognized spaghetti western soundtracks recently as well, for a short film project. So this thread may be helpful to me, too, and I may be helpful to this thread.

First of all, a large number of the songs featured in Inglourious Basterds and Django Unchained feature little known spaghetti western type songs and a lot of Morricone.

Also, in my search, I have discovered this thread from a place called the Spaghetti Western Database, which I think could be of help.

If I get to it, I'll try to post some specific tracks I like. For now, I'll just post this Morricone gem from Sergio Leone's most criminally underrated film:

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sweet, thanks for that link Dom.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The music for Django Kill (If You Live Shoot!) is pretty awesome!
Same with The Big Gundown.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DominicCobb said:
I'm not big spaghetti western fan, but I am a big fan of spaghetti (...)

courtesy+Diario+de+Una+Estilista+de+Moda.jpg

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't get it, what does that picture have to do with spaghetti?

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Makes my noodle happy.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You guys think Riz Ortolani's "Day of Anger" theme song is too recognizable? Of course QT had to go and use it in Django Unchained.

And this isn't exactly what I'm looking for, but has a Western-ish feel to it. But diehard Lebowski fans will associate it with Jackie Treehorn's party.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hmm, I don't really think both are TOO recognizable. Yes, fans of Django Unchained may recognize Day of Anger and Big Lebowski fans will definitely recognize that second song. But if it fits your needs I say go for it.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Hmm, I don't really think both are TOO recognizable. Yes, fans of Django Unchained may recognize Day of Anger and Big Lebowski fans will definitely recognize that second song. But if it fits your needs I say go for it.

Sweet, if Neg says its ok then im good! Day of Anger it is.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The soundtrack to the Chuck Norris classic LONE WOLF MCQUADE.

It has a definite retro-spaghetti vibe to it. It is the best part of the movie. It is so over the top.

DE7B&feature=results_main[/video]

Top Bottom