• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Southland - OUT NOW!!!

messenjah14

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SOUTHLAND
246kh0n.jpg
. . .
2d1213d.jpg

I recreated Southland Tales. It's now a leaner, tighter, more senseful movie. The film is in three parts: The Prelude, which explains the world where the movie takes place. Part two is The Unexplainable. It shows us the story of Boxer Santaros. The third and final part is The Explained, which chronicles the adventures of a certain Roland Taverner. The film features a few scenes that are repeated, because these two have some interaction and I wanted to showcase them from the perspective of both men. So the scenes where they interact aren't a hundred percent alike each time you see them.

what kind of fanedit (true fanedit = TF, extended edition = EE, special collection & preservation = SP): TF
original film name: Southland Tales
new film name : Southland
film studio name : Sony
edit crew name : Messenjah14
Date Original Film Was Released : 2007
Date Edit Was Released : TBA
Original Runtime : 145 minutes
New Runtime : 113 minutes
Amount of time Cut/Added : You do the math
Cuts removed/added/extended :
- Added custom title cards and credits
- Re-edited some dialogue scenes by cutting small snippets out
- Cut parts of the DUI
- Cut most of the Fluid Karma-stuff
- Rearranged a few scenes
- Cut out tons of side characters and scenes that weren't needed in this edit
- Cut some of the car conversation in Unexplained (It's full in Explained)
- Cut the entire diner scene with Boxer&Roland, and the bookstore scene that followed
- Cut some stuff out of that mansion-scene
- Cut the whole Zora/Krysta-stuff, no more tape mix ups or action scenes with them.
- Cut the national anthem from Unexplained (It's in full length in Explained though)
- Cut all the street-level stuff during the Zeppelin scenes aside from USIDent in Unexplained
- Cut most of the ice cream truck in the end aside from a few scenes in Unexplained
- Added in 3 Steps by Moby to the ending of Explained.
Fanedit details (please add here details about DVD contents as well as video and audio information): It'll be presented in the original AR, the DVD will have my audio commentary, scene selection, english&finnish subtitles, the usual deal.
Your intention for this fanedit: Making Southland Tales a more mainstream, toned-down edit.
Your way to achieve your intention: Cutting away a lot of stuff that wasn't part of the so-called main plot, and all Fluid Karma-stuff since that was somewhat confusing to some.
Hardware and software information (what did you use to create your fanedit): Womble, Proshow Producer, DVDLab Pro 2
Additional Comment: Heya there, hope to get comments for this
Time needed for the edition: Editing: 18 hours
persons involved: Messenjah14
Additional information links: -

Maybe downloadable from info

southland tales sure had potential. Let's see what you come up with.

Added the basic info. The DVDRip should be up at Rapidshare by tomorrow.

cool. The all new M14 fanedit. Will there also be a DVD?

Yes, of course, but I can't record the feature-commentary until monday so it'll be out in a week or two.

Why does it state that the cover art is currently unavailable on the site? I can reupload it if that's what it is. Also, what's up woith the no art-part? I've published two posters, either one of them should do, right?

I have found the preview and uploaded it, but for the cover art to be available I need a link for that, which I could not find. The "no art" just means that there is no cover art, where I could take the front from.

stupid me... I found it now.

Could you make a new preview of the cover? The one on the site has been really streched so it looks like Goatse or something.

Back
Top Bottom