• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Source Code: Version 1.2

First one works for me, just looks like he's annoyed she was there and glad she's gone.

That's just the pickle, ain't it?  :-/ I don't think he is annoyed at her. In the film, he's fallen in love with her.

The Scribbling Man said:
Almost done with the HD version.

Rescoring is hell. 

Given that it's been done from scratch and is therefore going to differ slightly from the first version, should I give it a separate IFDB release? Is that what's done? Or should I just edit the current IFDB info?

I'm pretty sure you edit the current entry but just in case *TM2YC

Whoops...@TM2YC

The Scribbling Man said:
That's just the pickle, ain't it?  :-/  I don't think he is annoyed at her. In the film, he's fallen in love with her.

Could you end it with him saying "I'll buy you a coffee"? And just move on to the next scene? You lose her response, and the next shot from his POV, but if they have coffee in the next scene, he bought it.

addiesin said:
Could you end it with him saying "I'll buy you a coffee"? And just move on to the next scene? You lose her response, and the next shot from his POV, but if they have coffee in the next scene, he bought it.

I'm guessing you haven't seen the film? :p

He never buys her coffee - he's in a time loop (groundhog day-style). Due to the way the film flows you can't really do hard cuts to other scenes. In this film we never really leave the main character. You're with him nearly every step of the way! Thank you for the feedback though. :) 

I've tested the clip on a couple of others and they seem OK with clip 1, so I think I'll go with that.

The Scribbling Man said:
addiesin said:

I'm guessing you haven't seen the film? :p

He never buys her coffee - he's in a time loop (groundhog day-style). Due to the way the film flows you can't really do hard cuts to other scenes. In this film we never really leave the main character. You're with him nearly every step of the way! Thank you for the feedback though. :) 

I've tested the clip on a couple of others and they seem OK with clip 1, so I think I'll go with that.

I've seen it but it's been over five years. 

If I saw a character on a train say "I'll buy you a coffee" and then the next shot is that character (and another character) holding coffee, I would assume there's a place to buy coffee on the train. That is all I was trying to say. If his line about coffee recurs and/or is a running gag, that wasn't clear in the clip.

new_hd_logo.jpg

^^^What an ugly graphic^^^

This is ready, peeps. If you own an HD "source" of "Source Code" and would therefore like to upgrade - drop me a PM :)

Resurrecting this old edit of mine for a third (and hopefully final) version. It's probably my most requested and those that have seen it seem to be happy with it, but I guess we're our own worst critic and there's been some niggles I just haven't been able to shrug off over the years. Most of these new changes will probably go by unnoticed and are for my own satisfaction, but the two most notable things that might appeal to some are the addition of subtitles and the upgrade to surround sound.

Here's a complete list of new changes for version 3:

• Updated my branding
  • Tweaked presentation of FE logo
  • Improved font for custom title
  • Revisited colour re-grade. Previously I had done a very light tweak across the board, but this time I have divided the scenes into separate tracks and approached them differently. There is less of a teal hue across the film (original left, mine right).
image.png
image.png

image.png
image.png

image.png
image.png

image.png
image.png

• Previously I cut all future-flashes from the memory segments, leaving mostly kaleidoscopic visuals and some shots of Christina as we transition back to reality. Now there are less shots of Christina and some fragments of the warzone flashback that Stevens' has in full later on have been mixed in (old memory flash left, new memory flash right).
image.png
image.png
  • In my old version two shots were slowed down, dropping frames. They don't look too bad IMO, but I would never do this now and because I can see it's there, I want to get rid of it. The shots have been properly slowed down with AI for a consistent framerate and a smooth look. Film grain has been layered on top to convey a normal sense of filmic movement.
  • Reverse shot swooping into the frozen kiss tweaked. There were a handful of frames at the end where the actors move every so slightly, which I have now shaved off.
  • The final line "you take care, Mr Stevens" was previously interrupted by a quiet, stray heartbeat sound. I couldn't get rid of it at the time, but I can now. The old score was also bleeding through. It was well hidden in stereo, but likely won't hold up quite as well in surround, so that has now been mostly scrubbed clean.
  • We pause a little longer on the shot of Stevens "sleeping" peacefully before fading out. We pause a little longer with a slightly extended music cue before the credits show up. This had always bothered me as I never felt like i had quite nailed the pacing of the end in the HD rework as well as I had in my SD version.
  • Higher quality render
  • English Subtitles
  • Surround sound (FLAC and AC3 options)

TBC, but I might see if I can also sync up the director's commentary track

This is one of my favourite edits, very excited to hear about these new tweaks (although none of the fixed issues ever jumped out to me before!)

I can confirm that this will include the original commentary track. What I have done is I have synced up the majority of the track with the film, trimming some spaces and some "umms" and "ahhs" occasionally to help keep the dialogue relevant to what's on screen. When they talk about the phonecall scene, this is moved to the end of the edit where the scene has been placed in my version. This then is where the film ends, and all the rest of the commentary plays over the credits. The rest of the commentary features them talking about the theatrical ending which is no longer in my cut, but I have kept the chatter for those still interested and in the nature of preserving their full dialogue. The only moment of the commentary I entirely cut was their reaction to "I knew he was a keeper", since the line isn't there and the response doesn't work without context.

I might drop in to say a couple of things once at the start of the commentary track, and then again at the end of the edit, just before they start talking over the credits. This is mainly just to give context.

Editing this is the first time I've listened to the track and it is an interesting one. I thought the segment below was especially apt, given my changes to the film's ending:

There is a partial copyright block on youtube for this clip, but it looks like it is still available in most territories. Let me know f you can't see it.

I have finished "Version 1.3". I'm looking for an opportunity to proof the file and then I will upload.

Back
Top Bottom