• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Source Code: Version 1.2

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
oh yes, slowing them down in your NLE would definitely cause that. 

After Effects is fantastic for slowing footage, as you can interpolate frames. I'm not sure if you have that at your disposal.  Otherwise, I would keep the framerate as is, and look into ways to recut it to fit your needs.

Cool, thanks. I've just been looking and I should be fine without slowing it down (guess I was just being a bit lazy). I don't have After Effects, sadly.

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sinbad said:
it does work pretty well, certainly better than the ending of the original film. What I like about the first version though is him infinitely kissing michelle monaghan in the source code
Then we see him at peace and the image of their kiss is fresh in the mind, this is definitely poignant but more downbeat than your other ending. Depends what you are going for I suppose.

Yeah, I like the whole "infinite kiss" thing, and I'd be happy to end it that way, but it just feels too abrupt to me. There needs to be a sort of "signing off" or else I think the audience would feel cheated. Adding the phone call at the end I guess makes it more sad, but it also allows for there to be an emotional climax and it eases the audience into the credits.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
One idea I do have that could include the call, I don't know how practical it wil be, as the button is pressed could you run the video in reverse so it starts at the other end of the carriage and ends on them kissing, that way you can have the closure call with his dad but end on the final image of the infinite kiss and his final peaceful face before fading to black.  Like I say the idea is probably a lot simpler than executing it.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
:)  worth of boast worlds

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nwav04.jpg

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Right. As I'm nearly finished, I kinda need a title. I'd go with "How it should have ended" if it weren't for the association with HISHE. 

Ideas?

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think I'll probably just go with the following:

Title: Source Code: The Scribbling Cut

Tagline: How it should have ended. 

@"theryaney" - would you maybe be willing to put some art together for this? It's an MP4, so only a poster is needed, unless you feel inclined to do more.

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Source Code: Recompiled
Source Code: Bugfix Edition
Source Code: Rerouted

Source Code: Please Note The Following Changes To This Service Edition ;)

Source Code: Syntax Error At Or Near End Edition ;)

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
source code- controlled alternated deleted

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
source code - version 1.1

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Haha! All great ideas... I'll have a rethink ;)

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Source Code: Program Terminated (could be quite fitting)

Source Code: (Has Encountered a Problem, and Must Close) Edition 

Source Code: "Love Conquers No Plot Holes" Edition

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Source Code: Variable "Love" Is Undefined Edition

Source Code: Talos Principle Edition

Source Code: Course Correction

Source Code: End Of The Line Edition

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Edit is done (just needs uploading). Spent quite a lot of time tweaking the ending shots and music to get the timing just right. Think I've got the sweet spot. Other minor changes have been made to other parts of the film, of which I'll put a full cut list up sometime soon. 

Haven't been able to do colour correction, unfortunately. I don't know why, but vegas just seems to crash whenever it tries to render with the colour correction on. I've tried reinstalling etc. Maybe my computer just can't take it (it's getting pretty old).

Just need to finalise the title and get some poster art sorted. 

Title wise, I may just go with something simple like "Source Code: Version 2.0" (similar to what Sinbad suggested). Given the poignancy of the new ending, I'd prefer the title not to be too tongue-in-cheek.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Have you tried to do a color correction of the movie itself and then replace your base movie file with the color corrected version? I had to do that with HttF.

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
Have you tried to do a color correction of the movie itself and then replace your base movie file with the color corrected version? I had to do that with HttF.

I haven't... I'll give that a try. Thanks!

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
what filters are you using for color correction? can you share a screenshot of your effects chain on the video?

Top Bottom