• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Sony Vegas Pro 12 Audio Export Settings Difficulties

BladeRunner391

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm using Sony Vegas Pro 12, and I used Belight to get six mono wav files. In Vegas I rendered my audio as a 5.1 Surround DVD (ac3), yet when I made the DVD all the audio comes from the right side. I sent it to Dwight Fry and he states, "your channel 4 has no info, and your channels 1,2,3,5, and 6 seem to be exactly alike. Something is screwing your output settings."

Here's how it looks on Dwight's computer:

brexp.jpg

Post screenshot of your audio tracks. Most likely you just need to set up the surround sound box. When I'm at home I can send you a screenshot of how it should look.

Neglify said:
Post screenshot of your audio tracks. Most likely you just need to set up the surround sound box. When I'm at home I can send you a screenshot of how it should look.

audiotracks.png

Well there you go, the audio tracks aren't set up and they just bleed into each other. I have Vegas Pro 10 so this will look slightly different than your set up, but it should be the same way to fix it.

1) Make sure your audio properties are set up properly for 5.1

new91.png

2) (I have labeled all the tracks to illustrate this better).

Adjust the Surround Pan box on each audio track accordingly. Right click the box and choose "Surround Panner" (that's the option on 10). For front left channel, the diamond (or square or circle or whatever it is for you) should be all the way to the top left. The front left speaker should be at 0.0 db and all the other speakers should be unchecked.

51setup2.png

3) Change each surround pan box accordingly. For LFE, right click the Surround Panner box and choose "LFE Only".

They should look like this:

51setup1.png

4) Rock and roll.

Heres a tidbit that is slightly related - I have been having issues w/ when exporting to ac3 surround - My timeline sounds amazing but when I export the ac3 that I get seems to have mashed all the levels and makes a really muddy mix. I found this post that offers a solution:

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/Forums/ShowMessage.asp?Forum=4&MessageID=787498

AC3 Pro Encoder:
Dialog Norm = -31 (this sets it at unity gain)
RF and Line Mode DRC = OFF (WYHIWYG)
DC High Pass Filter = ON (this operates at <=3Hz and takes DC bias out of the mix)
Bandwidth High Pass Filter = ON (this takes aliasing noise at >20kHz out of the encode)
90 Deg Phase Shift = ON

Applying these settings should maintain the volume levels set in the timeline without any muddy compression added on export.

This helped me, hopefully it helps you too :)

note: I am using dusty old Vegas Pro 8

where do you apply those settings in sony vegas? i use vegas pro 11

Back
Top Bottom