• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Sonic The Hedgehog: The Live And Learn Cut

Kikanator96

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Are You A Sonic Fan? Are You A Fan Of The Film Franchise BUT...
  • You Don't Like The Human Sub-Plots, Especially THAT DARN FAKE WEDDING!
  • You Wish Sonic Was Less Childish,
  • And You Want SOME FREAKING CRUSH 40 IN THESE MOVIES!!!

WELL YOU ARE IN LUCK!

Introducing “Sonic The Hedgehog: The Live And Learn Cut”. The idea of this fan edit is to combine both movies into one action packed fast paced Sonic Adventure that focuses on him becoming a true hero and finding friends and family along the way!

And of course, As the Sonic Fan base has been craving ever since the release of the first movie, I will also add in Music from across the Sonic Franchise. This includes Music from Sonic Adventure 1-2, Heroes, 06, Unleashed and more!

This Is My Love Letter To The Character I Have Adored For Over 14 Years And I Believe Sonic Game Fans, Sonic Film Fans And Sonic Film Haters Will LOVE This Edit.

When do you think this edit will be ready for release?

I definitely didn't hate the movies, but I think this could be a fun way to watch as well.

Last edited:
How did you remove the subplot?
When I was looking at combining the two films, I was debating on either having Tom captured, only for sonic to crash in via the ring and Rachel to take advantage of the situation to get the gun commander on their side or having the gun commander already on their side, so when sonic crashes in he's off to the island while the other convince the gun commander to help bring them to green hills. Both were going to be massive pains to edit due to continuity issues galore, so I would be interested to see how you did it.

How did you remove the subplot?
When I was looking at combining the two films, I was debating on either having Tom captured, only for sonic to crash in via the ring and Rachel to take advantage of the situation to get the gun commander on their side or having the gun commander already on their side, so when sonic crashes in he's off to the island while the other convince the gun commander to help bring them to green hills. Both were going to be massive pains to edit due to continuity issues galore, so I would be interested to see how you did it.
Not the creator but I did to watch it, they didn’t completely remove the wedding they just removed all of the confusing GUN stuff that followed it.

Not the creator but I did to watch it, they didn’t completely remove the wedding they just removed all of the confusing GUN stuff that followed it.
That makes sense, but how did they explain how they got back to green hills if GUN wasn't there?

That makes sense, but how did they explain how they got back to green hills if GUN wasn't there?
Looking back on it, they don't but I didn't really notice when I watched it

Some notes:
The intro narration is iffy as while it works to a point, the transition from sonic 2 to 1 and inconsistent voice over from Tails to Sonic seems wrong.
T-202 is right and the fake wedding part is cut as it cuts after the "Good lord there's two of them" line, and then cuts back to tails lying on the tree and rachel's plot is done. Though GUN commander is still in the background which I don't blame him for not cutting since that requires after effects or similar software to painstakingly remove from every frame.
GUN also shows up in green hills with Tom and Maddie seemingly (though not explained) being the reason for it. Robotnik is also all of a sudden there without a scene showing this and its unclear why GUN knows eggman is there (though it could be a film problem as well)
I will have to watch in full to get my full thoughts, but it looks and sounds good so far.

Last edited:
Honestly, the edit is ok.
Theres certain things I would have changed or removed and there are still some issues like the Junkie XL tracks clashing with the Sonic music at times, and certain things that should have been removed. Also, please stop using the Unleashed themes. My god, I love unleashed, but using the "Dark Gaia" part of the theme repeatedly gets really annoying after a while.
Though removing the bar scene in Sonic 1 was a solid move and specific edits were great.
Its honestly a mixed bag. 7/10 due to good editing and decent direction, but needs some work to really work as well as other fanedits.

WELL YOU ARE IN LUCK!

Introducing “Sonic The Hedgehog: The Live And Learn Cut”. The idea of this fan edit is to combine both movies into one action packed fast paced Sonic Adventure that focuses on him becoming a true hero and finding friends and family along the way!

And of course, As the Sonic Fan base has been craving ever since the release of the first movie, I will also add in Music from across the Sonic Franchise. This includes Music from Sonic Adventure 1-2, Heroes, 06, Unleashed and more!

This Is My Love Letter To The Character I Have Adored For Over 14 Years And I Believe Sonic Game Fans, Sonic Film Fans And Sonic Film Haters Will LOVE This Edit.
this looks great

WELL YOU ARE IN LUCK!

Well, you might have competition because I've got my own cut of the two movies that is about 3 hours. Not that we are actually competing for edits or anything, but wanted to let everyone to know ahead of time that I've already made my cut which basically does the same thing.

Well, you might have competition because I've got my own cut of the two movies that is about 3 hours. Not that we are actually competing for edits or anything, but wanted to let everyone to know ahead of time that I've already made my cut which basically does the same thing.
I'm curious to see what changes are made since the editing I'm working on isn't anywhere close to 3 hours.

I'm curious to see what changes are made since the editing I'm working on isn't anywhere close to 3 hours.
I use some deleted scenes to add to the movie, but basically its taking most of the stupid stuff out and rearranging dialogue to sound better. You have no idea what lengths I took to try and remove donut lord in both movies, its obsurd. Anyway, I mostly cut the human stuff out of the movies and left it primarily more about sonic and less like some random kid who got sonic powers. So yeah, this was one of my first projects and how I got into editing movies. Just originally only wanted to fix the sonic movies man, thats all.

I use some deleted scenes to add to the movie, but basically its taking most of the stupid stuff out and rearranging dialogue to sound better. You have no idea what lengths I took to try and remove donut lord in both movies, its obsurd. Anyway, I mostly cut the human stuff out of the movies and left it primarily more about sonic and less like some random kid who got sonic powers. So yeah, this was one of my first projects and how I got into editing movies. Just originally only wanted to fix the sonic movies man, thats all.
Removed most if not all of the humans from the film?
Thats going to be interesting to see...

Removed most if not all of the humans from the film?
Thats going to be interesting to see...
I should clarify a little, they'll be less involved in the film; primarily in the sonic 2 part of it, it'll barely have then besides near the beginning and more toward the end. First movie Tom just has less scenes.

Back
Top Bottom