• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Sonic The Hedgehog DX

octoroxx

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
tfefEiwl.jpg

This is a relatively light edit of "Sonic the Hedgehog" that trims some of the humor that didn't land for me and replaces some of the pop music with music from the video game series where appropriate. I hope fans of the movie and game series enjoy this. If I get enough positive feedback I may tackle the second movie.

Full changelog:
  • Cut opening “I bet you’re wondering how I got here?” framing device.
  • Rescored opening narration on Sonic’s home planet with Green Hill Zone orchestral theme from the Sonic 30th anniversary symphony.
  • Trimmed Rihanna joke and Wade’s reaction.
  • Trimmed Wade’s incompetent antics after the power goes out.
  • Cut “Azerbaijanistan” joke.
  • Slightly trimmed “search history” joke and the officer’s reaction.
  • Cut Sonic talking about “lightning shooting out of his butt”
  • Cut joke about Wade “not having much (mind) to lose”
  • Cut Olive Garden joke during Tom and Maddie’s phone conversation.
  • Cut Rachel’s “D-I-V-O-R-C-E” quip.
  • Cut Tom saying “You can talk!” when he spots Sonic outside the cage.
  • Trimmed out Robotnik’s “jug band” antics.
  • Cut interaction between Robotnik and Wade.
  • Cut Sonic’s misinterpretation of the expression “kick the bucket”
  • Rescored the first “Quicksilver” scene in the biker bar with “Mirage Saloon Zone” from Sonic Mania
  • Cut Sonic’s quip about the next person entering the bathroom having “nothing to wipe with”.
  • Cut the first half of the motel room scene (including the fart joke), entering the scene when Sonic and Tom begin discussing the mushroom planet.
  • Cut Sonic calling Tom “the jerk lord”.
  • Trimmed the scene of Sonic flossing. He still does, but it’s less emphasized.
  • Trimmed Sonic’s “Fast & Furious” joke.
  • Cut dated joke about Hillary Clinton’s emails.
  • Rescored Robotnik’s villain dance with E.G.G.M.A.N. from Sonic Adventure 2.
  • Trimmed out Rachel saying she has to go to the bathroom.
  • Cut Rachel trying to convince Maddie to leave Tom while tied up with jump-rope.
  • Cut Tom telling the receptionist he came all the way from Montana because “that’s how serious it is.”
  • Significantly trimmed sequence of Sonic in the gym bag while Tom and Maddie are waiting for the elevator.
  • Cut Sonic’s quip about “a jar of pickled farts”.
  • Cut Robotnik’s line about clam chowder.
  • Rescored and retimed the second “Quicksilver” sequence to Stardust Speedway Zone from Sonic Mania.
  • Rescored Sonic and Robotnik’s chase through San Francisco with “Escape from the City (Cash Cash Remix)” from Sonic Generations.
  • Removed callback to the framing device, since it was removed.
  • Cut Robotnik’s inappropriately timed joke about “keeping the body fresh”.
  • Trimmed Olive Garden gift card joke. Now it plays more as a joke about the inadequacy of the gift rather than an advertisement for Olive Garden.
  • Trimmed out Sonic flossing (again).

Editzilla

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hmmm, sounds nice. Any videos of the rescoring?

Terminator11216

Reaction score
Trophy Points
tfefEiwl.jpg

This is a relatively light edit of "Sonic the Hedgehog" that trims some of the humor that didn't land for me and replaces some of the pop music with music from the video game series where appropriate. I hope fans of the movie and game series enjoy this. If I get enough positive feedback I may tackle the second movie.

Full changelog:
  • Cut opening “I bet you’re wondering how I got here?” framing device.
  • Rescored opening narration on Sonic’s home planet with Green Hill Zone orchestral theme from the Sonic 30th anniversary symphony.
  • Trimmed Rihanna joke and Wade’s reaction.
  • Trimmed Wade’s incompetent antics after the power goes out.
  • Cut “Azerbaijanistan” joke.
  • Slightly trimmed “search history” joke and the officer’s reaction.
  • Cut Sonic talking about “lightning shooting out of his butt”
  • Cut joke about Wade “not having much (mind) to lose”
  • Cut Olive Garden joke during Tom and Maddie’s phone conversation.
  • Cut Rachel’s “D-I-V-O-R-C-E” quip.
  • Cut Tom saying “You can talk!” when he spots Sonic outside the cage.
  • Trimmed out Robotnik’s “jug band” antics.
  • Cut interaction between Robotnik and Wade.
  • Cut Sonic’s misinterpretation of the expression “kick the bucket”
  • Rescored the first “Quicksilver” scene in the biker bar with “Mirage Saloon Zone” from Sonic Mania
  • Cut Sonic’s quip about the next person entering the bathroom having “nothing to wipe with”.
  • Cut the first half of the motel room scene (including the fart joke), entering the scene when Sonic and Tom begin discussing the mushroom planet.
  • Cut Sonic calling Tom “the jerk lord”.
  • Trimmed the scene of Sonic flossing. He still does, but it’s less emphasized.
  • Trimmed Sonic’s “Fast & Furious” joke.
  • Cut dated joke about Hillary Clinton’s emails.
  • Rescored Robotnik’s villain dance with E.G.G.M.A.N. from Sonic Adventure 2.
  • Trimmed out Rachel saying she has to go to the bathroom.
  • Cut Rachel trying to convince Maddie to leave Tom while tied up with jump-rope.
  • Cut Tom telling the receptionist he came all the way from Montana because “that’s how serious it is.”
  • Significantly trimmed sequence of Sonic in the gym bag while Tom and Maddie are waiting for the elevator.
  • Cut Sonic’s quip about “a jar of pickled farts”.
  • Cut Robotnik’s line about clam chowder.
  • Rescored and retimed the second “Quicksilver” sequence to Stardust Speedway Zone from Sonic Mania.
  • Rescored Sonic and Robotnik’s chase through San Francisco with “Escape from the City (Cash Cash Remix)” from Sonic Generations.
  • Removed callback to the framing device, since it was removed.
  • Cut Robotnik’s inappropriately timed joke about “keeping the body fresh”.
  • Trimmed Olive Garden gift card joke. Now it plays more as a joke about the inadequacy of the gift rather than an advertisement for Olive Garden.
  • Trimmed out Sonic flossing (again).
I like the clips you posted and I like the stuff you listed in the changelog…. But I would like it if you could somehow make a custom intro with your badass custom Sonic The Hedgehog DX logo and when you use the logo it has this style of showing the logo and it also has this music with the custom intro in this video

jedimasterluke

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Any reviews of this edit yet? this edit sounds like it get rid of the cringe dated and childish humor and makes it more fitting for how Sonic’s humor usually is. Plus the music addition perfected this as a true sonic movie can’t wait until you do sonic 2.

GLogus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dude! I can't believe you made a Sonic fanedit!

Are you going to make a fanedit of the sequel that cuts out or at least cuts down the needless wedding subplot? Would love to see that.

Top Bottom