• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Song Editing

crzchris4

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I want to use this song in an movie but I want to make an instrumental out of it... is there a way to remove the lyrics/singing from the song to leave only the music?

this is a pretty common question. For music (as opposed to a 5.1 movie track) its practically impossible to completely remove the vocals.

Look for a Karaoke version, or some other instrumental version. For a lot of popular songs, you can find this.

If the mix have the vocal centered, and no other backing vocals or reverb effects on the left and right, there is maybe a way.
But most recordings are not like that exept early demos of bands, or maybe early albums by Bob Dylan, lol!
The trick is: the invert method.
You separate the right and left audio in, lets say, Audacity. Then you change them to "mono".
Then you invert one of them: "effect/invert"; This will invert the frequencies of this track, so everything that is exactely the same in the other track will be muted. Then you save this to a mono file. (if I made a mistake, please someone correct me).
But like the others said, it is very unlikely that it would work.

crzchris4 said:
I want to use this song in an movie but I want to make an instrumental out of it... is there a way to remove the lyrics/singing from the song to leave only the music?
WHICH song?

Back
Top Bottom