• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Somehow, Malthus returned

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay folks,

I'm back and I really want to catch up on what I've missed out on since the end of 2021. To do that I am asking you, yes you, to use this thread to champion all the edits from the past two years that you think I should watch and review. Shameless self promotion is absolutely welcomed. What was good? What was great? What was totally unexpected and original?

So go on, tell me: what did I miss?

I can't remember exactly what you may have missed, but krausfadr's Enhanced and Dehanced Terminator edits I would recommend (slightly biased, as I did some original music for the Dehanced one).

BlueYoda's The Thing edit was nuts and a must see:

I also did a vintage edit of The Thing. Probably the most time and energy I've put into any fanedit.

If you like horror, Ray Danger has been doing some great stuff. His Frankenstein and Elm Street edits are well worth checking out.

I also did a vintage edit of The Thing. Probably the most time and energy I've put into any fanedit.

YESSS I remember this one! It looked very promising. Your attention to detail on that project was brilliant. Very keen to watched the finished product.

And I'll be sure to reach out to @krausfadr , @blueyoda and @Ray Danger too

Self-promotion is welcome? Say no more! 😁
Of my fanedits since late 2021, The Hot Spot is the one I'm most proud of. The original 2+hour 1990s movie is based on a 1950s pulp novel and classifies itself as Neo-Noir. I imagined it was filmed in the 1950s, when the book first came out, and did my best to make it into an actual Noir film. It's in black-and-white and much faster paced (over quarter of the movie got cut).

Self-promotion is welcome? Say no more! 😁
Of my fanedits since late 2021, The Hot Spot is the one I'm most proud of. The original 2+hour 1990s movie is based on a 1950s pulp novel and classifies itself as Neo-Noir. I imagined it was filmed in the 1950s, when the book first came out, and did my best to make it into an actual Noir film. It's in black-and-white and much faster paced (over quarter of the movie got cut).

I'll have to check out your thread. I'm absolutely confident I have not seen the original but once I track down a copy of the blu-ray etc I'll be sure to hit you up 👍

Last edited:
I watched the theatrical cut of After Earth a little while ago, Malthus. I'll have to check out your version.

Oh Scrib, I feel for you. It is a slog!

Funnily enough I actually rewatched all my edits over the past week with my partner after revealing I'd returned to the fanediting fold.

Planetfall (my edit) holds up for the most part however I have reservations with how I ended things. I still agree with the structural choices but it just felt too abrupt. I wish I'd found a logically way to let the ending breath a little more. That said it was one of my earliest edits so I can forgive myself. I'd say it's an enjoyable watch that doesn't outstay its welcome at 1 hour.

Last edited:
@MusicEd921 in June of 2022 released what may be the greatest fan edit I've ever seen with BATMAN AND ROBIN: DEEP FREEZE

For an old Batman/Superman nerd like me this edit was incredible. I dislike that original film and it's the only one I purposely missed in theaters. I would have never watched it again but I already sat and watched this edit with my wife 2 or 3 times. Hats off to @MusicEd921 I'll be watching this edit for years to come. Really fantastic work. What Superman Redeemed did for the original Superman franchise Batman and Robin Deep Freeze has done for the Batman franchise only Deep freeze was even more impressive. Not only is the original blu ray now obsolete, it's forgotten about altogether.

I also thought @Ryantology HALLOWEEN II: The return of Michael Myers was another flawless fan edit that deserves a perfect 10 score. Again he makes the blu ray's obsolete with this incredible edit. I loved everything about it. Very impressive.

While we are on the topic of slasher films I'd also say just about anything from @Ray Danger is a perfect 10. Every single edit of his scary movie franchises was EXACTLY as advertised, less filler, more killer. I really enjoyed his H20 edit specifically

@MusicEd921 in June of 2022 released what may be the greatest fan edit I've ever seen with BATMAN AND ROBIN: DEEP FREEZE

I also thought @Ryantology HALLOWEEN II: The return of Michael Myers was another flawless fan edit that deserves a perfect 10 score. Again he makes the blu ray's obsolete with this incredible edit. I loved everything about it. Very impressive.

I absolutely second how amazing Batman and Robin: Deep Freeze is. A top five all-time fanedit for me and one I would definitely checkout.

I wanted to mention my Halloween 2018/Kills edit but I’m bad at hyping myself up so I didn’t. I will say it’s probably my favorite of mine from both technical and narrative standpoints. Thank you so much to @PanteraSteel for putting my edit up with some really great ones! I’ve received nothing but kindness and encouragement from people here since my return a week ago and it is always appreciated.

I’m sure there are tons of great edits from this talented community. Have fun catching up!

I absolutely second how amazing Batman and Robin: Deep Freeze is. A top five all-time fanedit for me and one I would definitely checkout.

I wanted to mention my Halloween 2018/Kills edit but I’m bad at hyping myself up so I didn’t. I will say it’s probably my favorite of mine from both technical and narrative standpoints. Thank you so much to @PanteraSteel for putting my edit up with some really great ones! I’ve received nothing but kindness and encouragement from people here since my return a week ago and it is always appreciated.

I’m sure there are tons of great edits from this talented community. Have fun catching up!
I must admit, I'm still hopeful you make that final tweak to your edit that I suggested a year ago or so.....but either way your edit is one of the best I've ever seen and I thank you for sharing. 10 out of 10 for sure. 100% earned.

Welcome back mate. Always enjoyed following your threads and ideas - now i can continue to do so.

How's the Wolfman edit coming along ;)

I've acquired a blu ray of Valerians, I've never seen it. I'm not sure whether to ask you for your Fanedit or to endure the theatrical cut.

Not sure on your stance on Superhero movies but Wakeupkeo and Tremault have released quite a few bangers between them.

Back
Top Bottom