• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Some Covers I have done.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
black swan cover 1
full%2Bcover%2Bversion%2B1.jpg

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jswert123456 said:
once again, they are created using the template from the resources area on this site
no one has had any issue with this up till now,
if you use a program called UnderCover, it gives you the option of printing it as a dvd or a blu ray cover.
ive printed these as blu ray covers, printed on  high glossy HP paper and they fit great in my standard blu ray cases

Honestly, most won't want to install another program just to print out a single editor's cover. The feedback you are getting is that others are recommending that you use blu ray dimensions. Your blu ray versions that you posted here have aspect issues, which I'm assuming are a result of UnderCover reformatting your base image. You can't simply transfer a dvd dimension cover to blu ray. It seems like UnderCover is giving a false indication of a shortcut.

I personally use this site http://elsproductions.com/templates-for-disc-packaging/ to get my base jpg files: DVD / Blu Ray.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
thank you DigiMod.

i used the jpeg in that link, kept all the important info inside the right area, included bleed over

where%2Brebels%2Bdare-%2Bfinal%2Bblu%2Bray%2Bcolor%2Bversion.jpg

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
but im still trying to get things right
kept all the important elements within safe area, and let background image bleed over.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jswert123456 said:
thank you DigiMod.

i used the jpeg in that link, kept all the important info inside the right area, included bleed over

Yes the cover is now the correct shape but the image on the cover is not. Sorry but can you not see that? Jyn's face is squashed vertically. I made an image that explains it as simply as I'm able:

41058751934_63eed3537b_c.jpg

To make a blu-ray cover you need to have the cover be the right shape and the image on the cover be the right shape.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
blu ray cover- fixed (i hope)
i dont have the extra water at the bottom like i did before

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
basically the same cover, cept i hope i fixed the issue with Jyn's face.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^^^ That's it! :) You needed to alter the composition to fit a differently shaped cover.

However the text and images on the spine are still squashed horizontally. So those need fixed too. The two Os in Rogue One not being circular are the give away.

Also IMO I think the Rogue One titles on the front and back now look odd being lined up with the horizon between sky and sea. So I'd shift those down a bit. Then it'll be perfect.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
is it possible if u could make me a rocky balboa the italian stallione cover just a wondering

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
SonofSinbad said:
is it possible if u could make me a rocky balboa the italian stallione cover just a wondering
I made a cover for southpaw legend, do you want a dvd cover or blu Ray cover?

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
blu ray plz its just im hoping to send it in to see if it can get approved and i need a cover just in case it does

Top Bottom