• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Solaris Station

spicediver said:
Look foward to it. Can you repost here when the DLC is up?

You betcha, I'll do that. I really appreciate your interest.

Also I ask anyone who watches it to give a rating...thanks ahead of time.

i'm interested, too. the original film was seriously constipated, so your edit sounds like a vast improvement.

ssj said:
i'm interested, too. the original film was seriously constipated, so your edit sounds like a vast improvement.

Well, I cut about a quarter of the movie to get the slowest parts moving along. Some people say it's an improvement, other people say it's still pretty damn constipated!

This edit is now available again. If you never heard of the original Solaris and are wondering what it is, these are descriptive tags.

Russian, science fiction, intellectual, mysterious, metaphysical, ambiguous, literary, slow paced, character driven, emotional journey, chauvinist, weirdly psychosexual, nostalgic, avant garde, amusing, challenging.

THANKS so much for doing this. I loved this movie and the new one BUT I could not stand to watch it again because it moved so so so slowly. Now I can watch it again. I did not watch it yet so no feedback yet.

I did have a technical question.

I am new here and could not understand why the film has a Progressive scan type and a 2:3 Pulldown running at 24 fps? I thought the whole point of a 2:3 Pulldown was to convert an interlaced 24fps film into a Progressive 30fps film? If the film is going to stay at 24fps why do the Pulldown? What is the point since there is nothing wrong with 24fps interlaced?

James Black said:
THANKS so much for doing this. I loved this movie and the new one BUT I could not stand to watch it again because it moved so so so slowly. Now I can watch it again. I did not watch it yet so no feedback yet.

I did have a technical question.

I am new here and could not understand why the film has a Progressive scan type and a 2:3 Pulldown running at 24 fps? I thought the whole point of a 2:3 Pulldown was to convert an interlaced 24fps film into a Progressive 30fps film? If the film is going to stay at 24fps why do the Pulldown? What is the point since there is nothing wrong with 24fps interlaced?

Is the video on a DVD? NTSC DVD requires the fps to be at 29.97. A pulldown is required to get it to play at 23.976

CCE encode will be up soon

Sent via Tapatalk 2 from my phone, so deal with the spelling erors.

James Black said:

Thanks for the comment! Watch the fanedit and find out if you still feel that way after. I hope it sets up a more involving pace - that was the aim.

I am new here and could not understand why the film has a Progressive scan type and a 2:3 Pulldown running at 24 fps? I thought the whole point of a 2:3 Pulldown was to convert an interlaced 24fps film into a Progressive 30fps film?

The format is NTSC DVD, so it isn't encoded with those settings. Is there some place you are seeing those settings listed?

Update: This fanedit is now available on Usenet and the nzb has been submitted.

My first attempt at uploading had fatal errors - it is labeled Brumous_Solaris_Station_DL_DVD

The second upload is good - it is titled Brumous_Solaris_Station_DVD.

The folder structure was inadvertently discarded when the RARs were created. Make a folder and label it "Solaris Station". Make two folders inside that, AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. Put all the VOB, IFO and BUP files in the VIDEO_TS folder. The Solaris Station folder will play as a DVD.

Brumous said:
Update: This fanedit is now available on Usenet and the nzb has been submitted.

My first attempt at uploading had fatal errors - it is labeled Brumous_Solaris_Station_DL_DVD

The second upload is good - it is titled Brumous_Solaris_Station_DVD.

The folder structure was inadvertently discarded when the RARs were created. Make a folder and label it "Solaris Station". Make two folders inside that, AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. Put all the VOB, IFO and BUP files in the VIDEO_TS folder.  The Solaris Station folder will play as a DVD.

hello, any place i can download this edit? (links) thank you

Back
Top Bottom