• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Smudger 9's Clone Wars Movie Series: Episodes I, II, III, IV and V

smudger9

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
I understand, but are you willing to learn? ;-) I don't know how to either (yet!), but I definitely know I'm going to both learn it, and use it.
This is an older video, but if you take the time to look at it, you'll see it's actually not that hard as it sounds (at least that's what I thought) :)

Not sure I have the time or patience for rotoscoping. Plus I'm an apple user, so I'd need to by an expensive plug in for Final Cut Pro.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I work on a MacBook Pro ;) But I use Adobe CS6.

smudger9

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
emanswfan said:
So, it is all well for this project.
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=15181

Sure is. The circle is complete. The one thing that bugs me is the loose ends with TCW. In my current outline Sidious Kills Maul in Episode VIII. However I may have to alter that if he appears in a spin off post ROTS.

One thing I'm really keen to add into the final episode is some dialogue from the unfinished Utapau arc, where Anakin and Obi Wan talk about Ahsoka leaving the Jedi Order. Looks like it will be included on the Blu-Ray.

Hal9000

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sounds like something I wouldn't mind watching. Personally I'd vote to exclude Maul altogether. Sometimes I begin to think positively toward TCW until I remember they resurrected him.

smudger9

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hal9000 said:
Sounds like something I wouldn't mind watching. Personally I'd vote to exclude Maul altogether. Sometimes I begin to think positively toward TCW until I remember they resurrected him.

I agree that the Maul resurrection was a bit of a stretch. However, TCW Maul episodes are difficult to ignore because they include some pretty fantastic episodes, with scenes that are crucial to the stories of other characters, particularly Kenobi and Ventress.
The thing that allowed me to make peace with the idea of Maul's return was the Plagueis novel.

Hal9000

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Really? I've read it, but I don't remember noticing anything about that. Can you elaborate? I'm all for novels allowing me to make peace with weird SW concepts.

Hal9000

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Also, I'm curious what sort of recommended viewing list of episodes you'd recommend. Let's suppose someone has never seem TCW at all and you had to put together a 'canon' for them. I imagine such a list would largely coincide with what you want to put into your edits, though not necessarily.

smudger9

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The novel didn't mention anything specific about the Maul resurrection. It was the concept of dark side midichlorian manipulation that made me accept his survival.

As for a clone wars "canon", that's a really difficult one and it depends on how invested you wanted to be in the series.

If you are going for bare bones and didnt want to see any Maul stuff I would watch:

Clone Wars Movie
Clone Cadets
Rookies
ARC Troopers
Landing at Point Rain
Weapons Factory
Legacy of Terror
Brain Invaders
Heroes on Both Sides
Pursuit of Peace
Padawan Lost
Wookiee Hunt
Sabotage
The Jedi who knew too much
To catch a Jedi
The wrong Jedi
The unknown
Conspiracy
Fugitive
Orders
The lost one
Voices
Destiny
Sacrifice

That's about 10 hours of viewing and covers the essentials.

smudger9

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The first four episodes have now had a complete second cut. What I need to do now is have a Clone Wars viewing marathon to get my pick-up shots and extra audio components to fill in a few gaps that I have with the four episodes.
Slowly getting there.

smudger9

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just completed the first season of my viewing marathon, and performed a penultimate edit of Episode 1. All that I need to do for it now are find the few pick up shots and insert them.

To break up my viewing marathon I decided to get my trailer done, so here it is. Hope you enjoy.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
Anything new?
Your post ;-) :drum::drum:
Sorry dude, it's Friday, hard to resist :)

smudger9

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
Anything new?

Yup, the trailer above.

Episode 1 is very close to completion. Just trying to manufacture some dialogue for a couple of bridging scenes.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok, thanks for replying. I'm very excited for this edit.

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just got caught upon this thread smudger. I love the ambition of this project, particularly for your first project. TCW were very hit and miss, some truly creative and fun things cluttered with mind-numbingly idiotic, condescending garbage. A multi-film edit was always on my way, way back-burner but I am glad that others have taken to it.

Being that this is your first project, and you have a lot of work ahead of you, you'll definitely want some feedback on both your narrative efforts and technical. If you're looking for a screener, I'd be very happy to preview and provide constrictive feedback, particularly given that you're a fellow FCP editor ;)

Either way, good luck with this!

Stay Thirsty.

smudger9

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Many thanks for the support. I would love some feedback and input. How do I get my work to you???

Top Bottom