• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Smudger 9's Clone Wars Movie Series: Episodes I, II, III, IV and V

smudger9

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So here is my first fan edit project. I'm a complete amateur with no experience in the entertainment industry, just doing this for fun.

My plan is to take the 6 series of the Clone Wars and edit them into 9 movies of roughly 2 hours each in length. The edits will be aimed at a more mature audience, with nearly all of the childish humour removed (battle droid slapstick, Sky Guy, Snips......).
Overall I'm looking to produce a series with overarching themes, particularly Anakin's turn to the dark side.

They will be available as a 720 stream, 1080 download and BD-25 download.

Episode I
Completed May 2015
http://www.fanedit.org/ifdb/compone...clone-wars-episode-i-army-of-the-republic-the

Vimeo link

Episode II
Completed July 2015
http://www.fanedit.org/ifdb/compone...movie/1182-clone-wars-episode-ii-a-new-threat

Vimeo link

Episode III
Completed January 2016
http://fanedit.org/ifdb/84-fanedit-...-clone-wars-episode-iii-children-of-the-force

Vimeo password for all videos is smudger9

ManicGuy1989

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sounds extremely interesting!

Never watched the Clone Wars series but I've heard good things about it. Would definitely like to watch a condensed version of the show.

Good luck and I hope all goes well!

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Love the Clone Wars. Definitely one of my favorite pieces of Star Wars canon now. Looking forward to seeing what you are able to put together. Good luck.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm just the opposite. I can't stand ten straight minutes of this show. I'll be very impressed if you can pull anything of value out of it. Good luck :)

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have viewed several episodes, in rather random order.
After about half an hour my mind starts to go numb from all the fighting - leaping - electrobolts.
Hoping you can edit coherence into otherwise game-shooter violence.

emanswfan

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very interested in seeing how this turns out. Since the show is over now, it's ready for plenty of good fanediting.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd be curious about is how you plan to incorporate season 6 considering it's available only via Netflix streaming, at least here in the U.S. That said, Netflix did finally release House of Cards on DVD so it stands to reason that the six season of Clone Wars will get a physical release at some point as well.

henzINNIT

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched for a couple of seasons I think. There was some great character stuff in there, much better than the prequels. This could work out really well.

smudger9

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If it's not available on bluray then I have no idea. At my current progression, It will be a while before I get onto the season 6 stuff. What are your plans? I've just watched your episode 1 (review coming soon), how close is episode 2?

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Episode 2 and 3 are in the planning stages. I may do Episode 3 first so I know exactly what needs to come before to get to the finale.

By the way, that was a nice trailer you put together. I'll definitely be checking out your version once it's released.

Editroid

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do you know the chronological order of the episodes? If you don't, here it is:

CloneWarsBlu-RayViewingOrderv3_zpsa4d440fd.jpg

smudger9

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
Episode 2 and 3 are in the planning stages. I may do Episode 3 first so I know exactly what needs to come before to get to the finale.

By the way, that was a nice trailer you put together. I'll definitely be checking out your version once it's released.

Thanks. I love movie trailers and had a lot of fun putting it together. Also, as a complete novice at this, I wanted a small project to release first to test out my abilities.

My film is coming along slowly and is probably 95% done, but the last tweaks and additions are going to take a while. I'm probably not going to make my May 4th deadline, but hopefully by the end of May.

I'm just tweaking my opening sequence at the moment, and will post the first 5 minutes this week.

Here is a clip to demonstrate the extent of editing I'm going for. It is a scene that really annoyed me in the movie because of the over-the-top bickering between Anakin and Ahsoka. I've cut a lot from this scene and moved shots around, but the result is a much more watchable sequence.

emanswfan

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great scene there! They really seem to be a lot less annoying.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I actually remember viewing this episode, fast forwarding it because of the irritating characters.
Solid work, Smudger9.

smudger9

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Project update:

The first half of episode 1 is completed, with the second half 90% completed. I'm currently trying to find sufficient quality dialogue to see if I can implement my changes to the plot of the film.
I've now completed the opening sequence, which took a while since I wanted the official Clone Wars Logo to appear at the start of the film, and getting seamless matching of star fields was annoyingly tricky, but at least it can now be reused for all remaining episodes.

Here are the first 5 minutes of the movie.

Hal9000

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very nice. I think a massive 9-film treatment of the Clone Wars series could be compelling.

smudger9

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hal9000 said:
Very nice. I think a massive 9-film treatment of the Clone Wars series could be compelling.

PM sent.

emanswfan

Reaction score
Trophy Points
May I ask what the cutlist for that opening clip is? Awesome work, BTW. This project seems to be turning out very well. Hopefully this can be a version of TCW I can show these to my friends instead that are iffy about watching this show.

Really hope a Bluray comes for season 6, otherwise that creates some issues for certain.

Top Bottom