• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Smooth transitioning menus and how to make them?

Mnm

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was watching the other night again my my Evil Dead DVD, and I was wondering how to make those cool menus? The menu is like this. At the beginning you are the cabin doors and whatever you choose like extras, comments, etc. Each next menu is in the next room, separate room, and camera is leading you from room to room depending of your choice. How to make that?????? :shock: It would be cool to pull something like that. TC was talking about that cool map from Harry Potter and I guess his intention is to make something similar. So if that's the case TC I would love to hear how you're gonna make that. If anyone know how or have a suggestion I would like to hear..... :-?

GyRo567

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The best way to do it?

Make a menu in between the two menu's you're transitioning between. Menu 1 is the top menu for example, and when you hit "scene selection", menu 3 is the actual scene selection page.

Then you use menu 2 as just a video screen (I'm assuming you're using DVD-Lab Pro here, but if you're not, this won't be very helpful I guess) and put the video/audio files on there and nothing else. Then make one invisible button, and set that to auto-trigger itself and point it to menu 3.

You can also make a transition menu between the main menu & the movie itself where the invisible auto-button starts the film.

Mnm

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes I'm using DVD-Lab Pro. And this what you said is actually very helpful to me. I was thinking about something like that, but since I use DVD-Lab for the first time, it's kinda unknown ground to me. I get what you say, but that making of invisible button..... How you do that? If it's not to much of a trouble for you, could you explain that to me step by step? Sorry if I ask to much. :)

GyRo567

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can't remember actually... I made my firstling about 3-4 months ago (including most of the menu's inner workings) & have just been waiting around for a large chunk of time (say 4 hours for two takes) of non-committed time to get the commentary done.

I know that all of the options can be set after you place the button. It must be in the properties somewhere. Try right clicking stuff, and I know that the side bars to the right had the option for the auto-button stuff.

Mnm

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I will do then just that. If some questions appear along the way, will ask you further....

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If I want a transition between menus, I can either use the automated ones (listed under menu in DVD LAB PRO) or I can create them myself with a video editor. The latter looks way better of course.

Mnm

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That was my thought at first. I think I'll try to make everything in video editor and then work with that in DVD-Lab. I'm pretty much sure how I want it to be. That means complicated. Like everything else with my ideas.... :razz:

Top Bottom