• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Smallville

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's not a dream!
No body possession!
No memory loss!
No super kiss!
No flying backwards in Time!
No typical TV Magic Reset Button!!!!!

jelio

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I only watched the first 2 seasons .... maybe 3 i forget now because so much time has passed

But i feel like now that the show is wrapping up that it might be a good time for me to go back and rewatch the entire series from the beginning

Back when i was a fan of the show i remember hearing for the creators that they would never make Clark fly or put the costume on or call him Superman because then that would mean that they have run out of ideas ... i have a feeling from some clips ive seen over the recent years that those rules have gone out the window

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jelio said:
I only watched the first 2 seasons .... maybe 3 i forget now because so much time has passed

But i feel like now that the show is wrapping up that it might be a good time for me to go back and rewatch the entire series from the beginning

Back when i was a fan of the show i remember hearing for the creators that they would never make Clark fly or put the costume on or call him Superman because then that would mean that they have run out of ideas ... i have a feeling from some clips ive seen over the recent years that those rules have gone out the window

"No Tights, No Flights"--the original motto of the Smallville creators.

Technically, Clark has still not flown.
He did fly in Season Four, but he Human persona was repressed and his Kryptonian persona KAL-EL was in dominance..... (don't ask, it's a long story...)

One of the reasons for the No Tights, No Flights rule was there were alot restrictions placed on the show by Warners about what it could and could not show. As the years passed, the restrictions became less and less, thus more and more DC mythology krept in the show. And once the original showrunner/creators departed at the end of the 7th Season, the new production team fully embraced the superhero mythos and really began to push Clark towards his destiny.

In fact, more classic DC stuff has happend in the last 3 years than in the preceeding 7 seasons combined!

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Jor-el and Lara.... this one gave me goosebumps.....

Is it me, or has Helen Slater gotten even more beautiful with age! Stunning!!!

and Lois's mom! They even gave Teri her classic LOIS and CLARK hairdo!
As my favorite panda would say, Total Awesomeness!

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
PREVIOUSLY ON SMALLVILLE....

Green Arrow has revealed his true identity to the world!
To discover the truth behind the Vigilante Registration Act, Oliver signs up and
is abducted to a secret holding facility by General Wilson Slade (aka future DEATHSTROKE)
where he finds AQUAMAN already a prisoner.
Now Clark and MERA must rescue their fellow future Justice Leaguers!!!!

Ziz

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Who else wants to add Mera to the "Honeys & Hotties" thread? :D

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
oops.. double post...

delete.... delete....:p

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ziz said:
Who else wants to add Mera to the "Honeys & Hotties" thread? :D

Go to 5min29secs.... ssshhhhhWING Baby!

Ziz

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, but you can't see anything. I prefer the end of the ep when she's dried off.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Earth Two!!!
Ultra-Man!!!
Gold Kryptonite!!!
Return of Lionel Luthor!!!!

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
But where's Mirror Clark's goatee? ;)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
But where's Mirror Clark's goatee? ;)

HA! :lol: That would be too funny!

Actually, I think I prefer the Smallville's version of Earth 2
to DC Comics/Grant Morrison reimagined version.
Ultra-Man (heck, most of the Crime Syndicate actually....) never made any sense to me in the DC Multiverse.
He was an astronaut or something exposed to something, thus becoming Superman's evil opposite?:-?

Here, it is nice, simple and straightforward.
Clark is found by the Luthors instead of the Kents,
and is thus corrupted into becoming Ultra-Man.

Works for me.:)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great Krypton! What an awesome mid-season show stopper!
Last new episode until January 28, 2011!

Goodbye Carter Hall, until your next reincarnation!

and a cliffhanger to boot. And if you squint, you can see Impulse,Cyborg, Zantanna, Aquaman and Martain Manhunter in the funeral background....

FatherMerrin

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I must confess I've found myself a little underwhelmed with this season so far. Season 9 worked so well for me was because of the future apocalypse scenes at the start as they gave the season a continues sense of foreboding.

I think the problem with season 10 is that the villian is an abstract. Clark isn't fighting a villian personifying evil he's fighting evil itself, which I think has robbed the show of some of it's focus.

Still, here's hoping the 2nd half of the season picks up. :)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
FatherMerrin said:
I must confess I've found myself a little underwhelmed with this season so far. Season 9 worked so well for me was because of the future apocalypse scenes at the start as they gave the season a continues sense of foreboding.

I think the problem with season 10 is that the villian is an abstract. Clark isn't fighting a villian personifying evil he's fighting evil itself, which I think has robbed the show of some of it's focus.

Still, here's hoping the 2nd half of the season picks up. :)

Those are valid points.
Though in some ways I like the fact the Big Bad is still "abstract".
I found one of the problems with season 8 and 9, is they do alot of "filler" episodes with the villians,
because they are saving the real good stuff until the last episodes.
I get the feeling season 10 is more about mythology building and getting Clark in the Suit by the final episode,
than about the actual villian.

Speaking of villians, will Michael Rosenbaum return as Lex Luther for the finale????
Michael has stated in the past he would only return on two conditions,
one it would be only for the Final
and two, he did not want to shave his head bald again.
Well, so far the Lex clone storyline has major part of the season 10 arc
and the last surviving Lex clone has hair,
so maybe Lex will return...????

FatherMerrin

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's a good point regarding the filler episodes, they do stand out like a sore thumb and can ruin the flow of a series.

Though I did like that Witch episode in Season 9 where the 4 of them accidently meet at a romantic holiday inn. The bit where Lois and Chloe were talking about relantionships outside the Inn whilst Clark & Oliver were inside hardly saying a word cracked me up.

But it's true there's been hardly any filler in Season 10. I think they've done a smart thing of replacing the filler episodes with Clark & Lois romance episodes. Which is better because it keeps the flow of the season and does feed into the overal plot and mytholog.

Can't Michael Rosenbaum just wear a bald cap if he's that agaisn't it? Hopefully he'll turn up, it'll round up the whole show very nicely I think. I've just got fingers crossed for Tom Welling for the new movie.

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've had a tough time getting into Smallville -- I was always more of a Batman guy -- so I probably wouldn't have gotten to see these clips without your thread, Bob. Thanks for these. I've always thought Hawkman was cool, and I've become a big Michael Shanks fan due to Stargate. He really seems to be cornering the market on science-fiction-influenced-with-vague-Egyptian-ties guys who keep dying and coming back to life! :lol:

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Though I did like that Witch episode in Season 9 where the 4 of them accidently meet at a romantic holiday inn. The bit where Lois and Chloe were talking about relantionships outside the Inn whilst Clark & Oliver were inside hardly saying a word cracked me up.

That was a nice episode, and I actually consider it a Mythology episode because it introduced The Silver Banshee to Smallville.

But it's true there's been hardly any filler in Season 10. I think they've done a smart thing of replacing the filler episodes with Clark & Lois romance episodes. Which is better because it keeps the flow of the season and does feed into the overal plot and mytholog.

I agree, season 10 is by far the best written, most tightly constructed season of the entire series. Only 11 episodes left, I hope the second half remains as strong.

Can't Michael Rosenbaum just wear a bald cap if he's that agaisn't it? Hopefully he'll turn up, it'll round up the whole show very nicely I think. I've just got fingers crossed for Tom Welling for the new movie.

I don't see why not and it's not like he has been doing alot since departing Smallville. The way they have been promoting the Lex storyline, I would be sorely disappointed if Michael Rosenbaum didn't come back. As for Tom Welling in the new Superman movie, while it would be nice, I am highly doubtful that it will happen. I think Nolan and Snyder want to take the franchise in a new direction.
What I think would be cool, since season 10 has been such a huge hit for the CW, that if they brought Welling and the crew back for a couple of Superman TV movies. But in reality, I doubt that would ever happen.

I've had a tough time getting into Smallville
Completely understandable. It is a tough show to love sometimes, it has been a rollercoaster of highs and lows over the past 10 seasons, some brilliantly written episodes, some absolutely horrible ones. I have nearly quit the series several times over it's run, but for some reason I remain loyal, and these last 3 seasons have been a great reward.
One thing I hear over and over again from people who dislike the show, is that how different it is from the comic book mythos.
And it is true. If you come in expecting a perfect translation from the comic to the tv screen, you will not be happy.
I tell hard core comic lovers to view it as NOT the prime DC universe, but an alternate Earth where Superman's origins unfolded very differently. I think the key difference in Smallville from the comics is in this universe instead of Clark being the world's greatest who inspires all other heroes, he is learning what it means to become a hero from other established heroes, and it is this learning that will make him the world's greatest hero.

so I probably wouldn't have gotten to see these clips without your thread, Bob. Thanks for these.

Your welcome. I will keep them coming until the series wraps.
Then who knows, maybe I will attempt my long dreamed of Smallville edits
.;-)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just came across this....
A clever homemade promo for the second half of season 10.
Mixes lots of different aspect ratios, but otherwise really well executed.... enjoy!

...and here's the official CW promo...

Top Bottom