• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Smallville

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A fun R-rated chat between legit buddies Welling and Rosenbaum, for the latter's podcast:

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fan editor SuperboyX has announced an epic SMALLVILLE/MAN OF STEEL fan edit...

THE LAST SON OF KRYPTON

Set for an October release.   The run time is over 5 hours and will probably be released in multi-parts.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes! I'm a big fan of SouperboyX and I'm very excited for this project.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love this guy, and a wise choice in splitting the hours (unless your attention span is that good), a condensed Smallville could only be done justice in multiple parts, and I look forward to the unique spin given to the Snyder footage.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hm, I admit this sort of thing isn't my bag generally, but I really don't like seeing Smallville shots cropped down to 2.35:1. Some will look better than others, of course, but the overall effect is tremendously distracting, with missing necks and hair.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
First of 15 spots? I suppose with the length of the overall film he doesn't have to worry about the whole thing being spoiled!

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points
OMG HE'S BACK!

I still have his previous TV-movie Smallville edits - a better JUSTICE LEAGUE movie than the one in theaters

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DANLAV05 said:
OMG HE'S BACK!

I still have his previous TV-movie Smallville edits - a better JUSTICE LEAGUE movie than the one in theaters

If only he hadn't taken down  "How Smallville Should Have Ended", I know it was supposedly a shorter take on what he did on Superman: Genesis, but as someone trying to work out multiple ways of editing that finale, I need to take a gander at it and take some blooming notes! :(

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another great trailer.

I suppose one of my concerns for this massive fan edit is the colour grading.  Smallville is rich in primary colours, while Man of Steel colour palette is very muted... judging by the trailers so far, there is still a very distinct visual difference between the two source materials.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Another great trailer.

I'm getting a bit tired of the endless amounts of trailers, to be honest.  I feel like either release the thing if it's finished or stop releasing trailers and finish it up lol.

:s

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
musiced921 said:
bionicbob said:
Another great trailer.

I'm getting a bit tired of the endless amounts of trailers, to be honest.  I feel like either release the thing if it's finished or stop releasing trailers and finish it up lol.

:s
I suppose it also does get a bit irritable because, like many professional trailers, they tend to be repeating some of the same scenes and shots from prior trailers.

He probably should have started this campaign with about four weeks to spare before release.

Top Bottom