• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Smallville

Here's an AWESOME fan made trailer for the Finale!!! Goosebump time!

and here is the official CW teaser. There is just something magical about that John Williams score.

I totally jazzed to watch this one!
Written by DC superstar Geoff Johns, who also scripted Smallville's "Legion" and "JSA" episodes.

An actual Phone Booth Costume change!!! Coolsville daddio!

the original tv version:

re-edited with the John Williams classic score:

What no cape? the man's gotta have a cape, its a scientific fact! :lol:

So the real question here is, which film will the episode rip off more...300 or Gladiator? ;)

I've been chuckling with schadenfreude over reviews/recaps of this season's eps, but I gotta say, that preview clip looks pretty promising... an apparent break from the relentless Metropolis/Lois-filled nonsense, and relatively free of those massive soft focus filters I see everywhere else that I suppose it meant to cover up the cheap sets. If I had a TV, I might actually watch it; as it is, I can only wish you all good luck with it!

Oh, and bob, t'was fun seeing you on the Trek BBS today. :-D

I am trying my best to avoid seeing too much of the finale as I am only on season 9 at the moment. But I can't tell you how exciting that official trailer is :)

Anyone know when the blu ray of season 10 will be due? I'll have to hold off watching any further clips me thinks.

Season 10 is reportedly not coming out on DVD until November!

:( Oh dear... long time for me to wait then... sob sob... oh well, will be worth it. As for the complete set? It looks great, but unless they bring out a complete blu ray set as well, I probably will just stick with the sets I already have. However, that feature length documentary looks a bit tasty.

Bet you will be getting it Bob ;)

LastSurvivor said:
As for the complete set? It looks great, but unless they bring out a complete blu ray set as well[...]
Which they have said they will almost certainly not do. Seasons 1-4 would require the re-rendering (or completely redone) effects shots, as they were finalised in standard def.

I really enjoyed this episode. If you listen to Callum Blue's cadence, he is definitely channelling Terrance Stamp.
This scene it particular I thought was wonderful.
Only two episodes left. \S/

bonus, here's a briliant fan made finale trailer, it actually choked me up a bit.

Our Canadian SPACE Channel has aired a new teaser for the Finale, revealing some very big spoilers and raising some interesting questions. Hopefully a higher quality version will come available soon.

Jonathan Kent is clearly in the Finale, he is seen with Martha and Clark, and it appears he is giving Clark the super suit.
Now is this Earth 2 Jonathan Kent or ghost Kent from the season 10 opener?
It appears Apokolypse is in orbit above Earth--looks epic!!!
Now will Darkseid show up or will he be possessing Lionel Luthor's body?
Chloe is reading a Smallville comic to a little boy?!!?
And how does the Gold Kryponite subplot connect to all this?

BionicBob where are you?????!!!!!!!!!!!

I came here to read your opinion of the finale. Maybe it hasn't aired yet in your area. I'm anxiously awaiting.....

I can't say I walked away from it feeling completely fulfilled, but I did have plenty of chills and applauded out loud when he flew out of the fortress.

Definitely a cop out with not really showing Tom in the suit up close, but the Superman theme helped make up for it. Only thing that would have made it better, probably a shot of Tom flying around the earth a la Chris Reeve.

I have numerous issues with the finale. I give it a C-.

It was at times disappointing and fulfilling...so in essence, it was exactly the finale Smallville deserved. ;)

I DVR'ed it just in case it turned out to be worth watching... sure doesn't sound like it. Not when the Netflix fairy has delivered to me RotK (theatrical, natch). :-D

Does not air here until Sunday night....d'oh!

Trying desperately not to read any reviews or watch any clips online. Will comment after viewing. \S/

Overall I'm very happy. There were a couple of things that I missed, but as some people here haven't seen the episode I'll bring them up next week.

I haven't watched Smallville in years, but I tuned in for the finale to see how they would wrap it up. Overall it was really weak.

- there was a LOT more melodrama than I remember from previous seasons. I mean come on... you have a giant flaming planet sitting in the sky yet you have time to take two minutes to stand outside a house talking about how much you've changed each other. Blah.
- Lex comes back only to have him mind wiped? Blah.
- All the villains were easily defeated: the trio are taken out simultaneously when Oliver shoots three arrows. Lionel is shot. Lionel is then flown through and dissipates. The planet is about crash into earth yet Superman just flies up and pushes it away. Blah.
- I like how they never showed the actor in full Superman garb. Always only little glimpses, but nothing more.

Back
Top Bottom