• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Smallville

Yep, it's true. SUPERBOY is coming to Smallville.
In the current DCU, Superboy (aka Connor Kent, aka Kon-el) is a clone created from Superman's and Lex's DNA.
So it is neat they are incorporating this mythology in the show.

Though, now we have a Supergirl and a Superboy, but still no SuperMAN!?!!?

This also raises the question with Michael Rosenbaum returning, what Lex will he be?
Is he the original Lex, who somehow faked his death in Season 8, and has been operating from the shadows all this time?
Or maybe Lex from Smallville's Earth 2?
Or is the Superboy/Lex only temporary, and maybe he will go through another evil growth spurt and evolve into Rosenbaum's Lex?

bionicbob said:
This also raises the question with Michael Rosenbaum returning, what Lex will he be?
Is he the original Lex, who somehow faked his death in Season 8, and has been operating from the shadows all this time?
Or maybe Lex from Smallville's Earth 2?
Or is the Superboy/Lex only temporary, and maybe he will go through another evil growth spurt and evolve into Rosenbaum's Lex?
None of those. He'll be that evil bald villain dude from that one comic book they talk about, brought to life by the Tron ray gun, whereupon Connor Kent will punch the universe (or, in this case, a street mural of the solar system), thereby shattering Lex, Lex-2 and Clone Lex's memories all into the same consciousness, who will then prove his evilness by murdering a bum on whom Gene Hackman's face has been digitally superimposed. :p

Goodbye Chloe.

Listen for the Batman and Wonder Woman reference!!!

I was surprised that I felt no emotion whatsoever with Chloe's goodbye scenes. It was not a very good sendoff in my opinion. Considering the emotional moments that had me smiling and feeling chills (Clark and Lois' dance/I love you in Homecoming, Clark telling Lois his secret, Clark's proposal) they really dropped the ball. They could have really given her a big sendoff like ones people were predicting (Chloe becomes Dr. Fate).

Hate to be a pain, but this makes me worried about the finale's epic scale. Smallville USUALLY misses the mark with the season finales. How will a SERIES finale go when we the audience are probably expecting iconic moments in the Superman suit and some awesome flight scenes?

If I didn't know Chloe was actually leaving, I totally wouldn't have even realised that it was supposed to be her sendoff. I mean, I get the converstaion they're having, I'm not that big of an idiot...but the lack of me caring makes me wonder if she's really gone for good. Are we sure they're not gonna bring her back in the finale? ;)

That is a good point Uncanny Antman and I hope you're right about maybe she'll be back for the finale. I've always liked her character and hope she gets the proper treatment. The thing that makes me unsure of that happening is how they made sure to post everywhere that Michael Rosenbaum was back, taking away any big surprises. I don't really think Smallville is as good at keeping big surprises under wraps like 24 was. I've never felt an "OMG!" moment in Smallville (outside of the Homecoming ending scene).

I agree, Chloe's final arc was somewhat disappointing.
The very fact that they attached it to Smallvilles version of THE HANGOVER 2, saddened me. I really thought they would give her a bigger send off. A part of me always thought Chloe should have a really sad but inspirational heroic death, the final push for Clark to don the suit.
But the other part of me, actually likes the idea that she is going off to finally live her own life away from Clark, and returning to her dream job as a reporter. Plus, it was nice that the writers did not put Green Arrow through the emotional tailspin again, and actually have the two of them share an open, happy ending.

Will Chloe be back for the Finale? Honestly, I hope not. I would really love the writers to wrap up all the other character subplots before the Finale, and really just focus on Clark and Lex ( and Darksied) for the epic last showdown. But this is Smallville.... "sigh"...

Anyway, next week the "Superboy" episode.
I wonder if my Evil Superboy evolves into Rosenbaum Theory will be correct?

bionicbob said:
I agree, Chloe's final arc was somewhat disappointing.
The very fact that they attached it to Smallvilles version of THE HANGOVER 2, saddened me.
I've never understood why Smallville's ..."homages" (to be polite) are always so blatant. I still marvel at the balls on them for the 'Saw' rip...homage they did, and that was years ago now.

Uncanny Antman said:
If I didn't know Chloe was actually leaving, I totally wouldn't have even realised that it was supposed to be her sendoff.

That's exactly what happened to me! lmfao

I had no idea see was leaving in that episode. Was that really it? Kind of a pants send off for such a main character. I only realised that was it when I visited the board this morning. O dear, not good.

Still I'd rather that than some sentimental crap.

After last week's disappointing episode, this was WAAYYYY better!
I really enjoyed this one.
Looks like my Evil Superboy Evolves Into Rosebaum Lex Theory was wrong.
Awesome cliffhanger! Last new episode until April.

Ha! ...I knew it. It's been confirmed by Kryptonsite that Chloe will be back in the finale. So that's good, really. Means she doesn't get the weakest sendoff ever after all.

Or maybe she will anyway, but at least it won't be that one we just got. :)

And if the other rumours are true, the finale could be a real reunion episode spectacular.

Rosenbaum - confirmed.
Mack - confirmed.
Vandervoort - confirmed.
Schneider - Rumoured and likely.
O'Toole - rumoured and likely.

And the fact that there's not a peep about us seeing Lana or Pete makes me very happy. So long, suckers! :D

Yep, the Finale sounds like it is shaping up nicely!
Since O'Toole recently tweeted about returning to Vancouver to work, I hope that means Michael Mckean will show up too!
It would be awesome if Perry White was behind the Editor's desk for the last episode.:)

The words "shivers" "spine" and "down my" come to mind.

NICE!!!!

Yep, next week the final episodes begin airing.
First up will be KENT.
From what I gather Clark will return to Earth 2 and meet that world's Pa Kent. Will he be evil?
My hope is the writers are being clever and not just giving a filler episode. It would be interesting if this Pa Kent
was the same Pa Kent who seem to appear as a "ghost" to Clark in the season 10 premiere, connecting the storylines together more.
My theory is maybe Earth 2 is a world where Darksied has won and the darkness rules, giving Clark a glimpse at his world's fate if does not stop it.

After that comes BOOSTER, which I am totally excited about. Written by DC Comic's Geoff Johns, who wrote the episodes "Legion" and JSA two parter. The pics online of Booster Gold and Blue Beetle look really good. Plus, it appears Clark will be wearing the glasses full time by then, and there is even suppose to be a costume change in a telephone booth!!!

Then there is the episode DOMINION, where Clark and Green Arrow travel into the Phantom Zone, and face off against Zod! Though I am not clear if this is clone Zod or the real deal Zod?

Then "Prophecy"-- Jor-el gives Lois super powers for a day as an early wedding present?

and then "THE FINALE"--- details so far top secret....!!!

Booster looks good (If a little too Captain Amazing) but I really ain't digging the Beetle outfit. Looks very clunky to me. But will judge it in motion when it airs. :)

AND SO IT BEGINS....

The final episodes start tonight.

And sadly, the epic journey is almost at an end. This show went from teen drama to adult superhero show. I'm scared to see how they will end it considering I, like a lot of people, have been waiting 10 years for that super moment. Let's hope we get more than just a quick Red/Blue blur of him in the outfit (and hopefully fighting Darkseid in costume).

Back
Top Bottom