• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Favorite Edit of the Year (FEOTY) Nominations for 2020 are now open! Submit your entries here.

Smallville

MusicEd921

Well-known member
Donor
Faneditor
Messages
1,538
Reaction score
39
Trophy Points
78
It would be here a month earlier if he wasn't churning out teasers and tv spots all the time.  :mad:

From all of those trailers and teasers the Smallville footage is contrasting pretty heavily with the Man of Steel footage, so that's a bit worrying.  Overall though, I'm very curious to see this.
 

Zarius

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
83
Trophy Points
88
Y'all are just mad YT doesn't permit IMAX 3-D :D :p

(in all seriousness though, I wish he'd drop that particular bit...I'm all for having fun, but it's blatant false advertising)
 

Zarius

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
83
Trophy Points
88

A full length "October" trailer to kick off the final stretch.
 

addiesin

Well-known member
Messages
4,814
Reaction score
83
Trophy Points
58
What is it, other than 50 short trailers? I mean the intent.

Is it a movie or TV episode length? Is it supposed to be canon to the show? Didn't the show have it's own Zod and Jor-El actors and a different look for Krypton tech and whatnot? Do you guys understand what the editor's doing? I never watched the show beyond the first episode and seeing clips and screenshots.
 

Jrzag42

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
2,707
Reaction score
86
Trophy Points
73
addiesin said:
What is it, other than 50 short trailers? I mean the intent.

Is it a movie or TV episode length? Is it supposed to be canon to the show? Didn't the show have it's own Zod and Jor-El actors and a different look for Krypton tech and whatnot? Do you guys understand what the editor's doing? I never watched the show beyond the first episode and seeing clips and screenshots.

Here's a snippet from the description:
So here it is. “The Last Son of Krypton”. 7 years in the making. This is my take on the 21st Century Superman. A 5+ hour fan-edited film that is meant to take you on a ride with the World’s Greatest Hero from A-Z. “Smallville” is the skeleton. “Man of Steel” is the meat. I also loved the style and aesthetic in “Superman Returns” and many elements from that are included as well.
So it's a 5 hour movie combining elements from Smallville and Man of Steel to tell the editor's own take on a Superman movie. It's not meant to be canon to the show.
 

addiesin

Well-known member
Messages
4,814
Reaction score
83
Trophy Points
58
jrWHAG42 said:
addiesin said:
What is it, other than 50 short trailers? I mean the intent.

Is it a movie or TV episode length? Is it supposed to be canon to the show? Didn't the show have it's own Zod and Jor-El actors and a different look for Krypton tech and whatnot? Do you guys understand what the editor's doing? I never watched the show beyond the first episode and seeing clips and screenshots.

Here's a snippet from the description:
So here it is. “The Last Son of Krypton”. 7 years in the making. This is my take on the 21st Century Superman. A 5+ hour fan-edited film that is meant to take you on a ride with the World’s Greatest Hero from A-Z. “Smallville” is the skeleton. “Man of Steel” is the meat. I also loved the style and aesthetic in “Superman Returns” and many elements from that are included as well.
So it's a 5 hour movie combining elements from Smallville and Man of Steel to tell the editor's own take on a Superman movie. It's not meant to be canon to the show.

Thanks for the info! I did not expect five hours, good lord. I guess that means there's a lot of Smallville. I don't think I'll watch but I hope those that do enjoy it.
 

Zarius

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
83
Trophy Points
88
I wonder what the format will be upon release? One hour files either available for download, or will they be hosted on Vimeo?

I can't see him releasing a five hour file all in one go, I might have to clear out a bit of my drive depending on the disc space required if that's the case.

@"addiesin" , if you want to see a shorter-length feature involving Smallville footage, you can try  "Superman: Genesis" from the same editor. It's one of his earliest works and it isn't quite polished, but I think it does a decent job of covering Clark's origins.
 

Duragizer

Well-known member
Messages
2,156
Reaction score
0
Trophy Points
51
I don't like Smallville very much, and I've never seen a minute of Man of Steel, but I'm intrigued enough to check it out if it ends up on Vimeo.
 

Zarius

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
83
Trophy Points
88
Duragizer said:
I don't like Smallville very much, and I've never seen a minute of Man of Steel, but I'm intrigued enough to check it out if it ends up on Vimeo.

Souperboy will probably split the files into parts and share them on vimeo like all the others he's put together. He mentioned something in his comments section of the last video the links will be both for streaming platforms and files to download.

Latest promo spot:

 

Zarius

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
83
Trophy Points
88
Question: I'm sure the final trailer spot will contain the links to both the streams and the download, so we obviously can't share it, but can we post the links to the Vimeo files separately? Souperboy isn't known for normally enabling the download option on the streams so it should be safe to post.
 

Zarius

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
83
Trophy Points
88
One day to go!


I recently e-mailed Souperboy to let him know his work's being promoted on these threads and he's very pleased that it's getting attention, he's a bit 'out of touch' with forums by his own admission. 

He really hopes we all enjoy this tomorrow.
 

Gaith

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
5,463
Reaction score
44
Trophy Points
88
And now, a cheery reminder that Smallville the show got real bad:

 

Gaith

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
5,463
Reaction score
44
Trophy Points
88
^ Yeah, I checked out after the S3 finale. And when I first heard that Lex and Lana not only hooked up, but actually got married, I was all... WTF?! No, thanks, I'll never watch that.
 
Top Bottom