• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Sliced Exporting/Converting Premiere Pro Help

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm hoping someone can help me with my problem.
Even though my specs should allow fast encoding, everything I try clocks in at 40 hours or more.
MP4, MPEG2 DVD, lossless AVI, WMV, ... I can't get my Adobe Encoder (I export it from PP) to ramp up the speed.

I'm looking to export and convert to DVD format soon, so my question is this:
Does anyone know if I can export my full edit in for example 3 lossless avi pieces, and paste them together when converting/building in DVDLab Pro? Will this work seamlessly or will this spell trouble?

Kal-El said:
I'm hoping someone can help me with my problem.
Even though my specs should allow fast encoding, everything I try clocks in at 40 hours or more.
MP4, MPEG2 DVD, lossless AVI, WMV, ... I can't get my Adobe Encoder (I export it from PP) to ramp up the speed.

I'm looking to export and convert to DVD format soon, so my question is this:
Does anyone know if I can export my full edit in for example 3 lossless avi pieces, and paste them together when converting/building in DVDLab Pro? Will this work seamlessly or will this spell trouble?

DVDLabPro requires the elementary streams (m2v and AC3/PCM etc.). So I dunno if putting in lossless avi, if DVDLabPro would demux and convert it for you but I'm not sure if that's even an option (I doubt it) but even if it is an option I wouldn't do that!

Oops, I'm mistaken, apparently you can join clips together: Movie Segments

Apologies, double post.

If I read that correctly, that means I'll have to export per chapter because I can't create some afterwards?
No subtitles allowed is quite the bummer as well...
Still, tremendous help, Gatos! :)

this seems more applicable for the DVD authoring subforum (or even fanediting applications) since you aren't asking anyone to edit for you. You have a preference over those two?

Kal-El said:
If I read that correctly, that means I'll have to export per chapter because I can't create some afterwards?
No subtitles allowed is quite the bummer as well...
Still, tremendous help, Gatos! :)

No problem.

Yeah it seems that you can't automatically add chapters with the movie segment function.

If you can't get the Adobe PP issue resolved, look into a conversion method for lossless avi to MPEG complaint streams. Check out [MENTION=8139]Captain Khajiit[/MENTION]'s Guide to Encoding with HC Encoder

ThrowgnCpr said:
this seems more applicable for the DVD authoring subforum (or even fanediting applications) since you aren't asking anyone to edit for you. You have a preference over those two?
Hey Throwgn, check your PM. The former applies, not the latter. Could you move it please? Thanks :)
Gatos said:
No problem.

Yeah it seems that you can't automatically add chapters with the movie segment function.

If you can't get the Adobe PP issue resolved, look into a conversion method for lossless avi to MPEG complaint streams. Check out Captain Khajiit's Guide to Encoding with HC Encoder
Gatos, I have plenty of tools to convert. The question is how to export from Adobe PP in the fastest way possible without loss of quality. Hence my thought that exporting it in pieces and pasting them together in DVDLab could work, which you confirmed :) No subs is a downer, but if I can't work around it, at least I'm not the only editor without subs on his edit :lol:

Kal-El said:
Hey Throwgn, check your PM. The former applies, not the latter. Could you move it please? Thanks :)

rightey-o. Now in the DVD Authoring section. If this takes on another life, we can always move it again, but hopefully people will see it better here.

Kal-El said:

Gatos, I have plenty of tools to convert. The question is how to export from Adobe PP in the fastest way possible without loss of quality. Hence my thought that exporting it in pieces and pasting them together in DVDLab could work, which you confirmed :) No subs is a downer, but if I can't work around it, at least I'm not the only editor without subs on his edit :lol:

But keep in mind DVDLabPro probably will not accept lagarith avi. It needs DVD Compliant streams.

so, as a workaround, can you export the lagarith clips from your NLE (Premiere?), convert those individually to MPG2, merge together with say Womble, and add the DVD-compliant audio and video streams (1 each) to DVD Lab Pro?

ThrowgnCpr said:
so, as a workaround, can you export the lagarith clips from your NLE (Premiere?), convert those individually to MPG2, merge together with say Womble, and add the DVD-compliant audio and video streams (1 each) to DVD Lab Pro?

Yeah that shouldn't be a problem, the only potential issue would be merging together with Womble, you'd have to check for any audio issues at the junction between each of the clips.

ThrowgnCpr said:
WOW, thanks Throw, great tip! I really appreciate it, this will put everything on fast track! :)
Gatos said:
Yeah that shouldn't be a problem, the only potential issue would be merging together with Womble, you'd have to check for any audio issues at the junction between each of the clips.
Couldn't I bypass that by exporting the full audio track in one piece, and lay it on top of my MPEG2 files altogether?

Export lossless AVIs from Premiere. Join them together in an Avisynth script. (Forget Womble.) Feed the script to HCEnc. Take the resulting .m2v into DVD-Lab Pro for authoring.

I shall help you to write the script.

Yes; you can export the full audio track, from Premiere Pro, in one piece, as long as your AVIs fit back together seamlessly to recreate your video track. If your cuts are off, i.e. frames are missing or duplicated at cut-points, your audio will be out of sync, so be careful.

Kal-El said:
Couldn't I bypass that by exporting the full audio track in one piece, and lay it on top of my MPEG2 files altogether?

absolutely :thumb:

I suppose if I end an export at one frame and start the following export at the very next frame, it won't be a problem :D
I'm not familiar with AviSynth, but I've seen it mentioned here aplenty.
I'll download it today and read up on its use :) Thanks for the advice [MENTION=8139]Captain Khajiit[/MENTION]

You're welcome, Kal-El. Be advised that Avisynth has a steep learning curve. To help with the script, all I would need is a little information about your AVIs. :)

Captain Khajiit said:
You're welcome, Kal-El. Be advised that Avisynth has a steep learning curve. To help with the script, all I would need is a little information about your AVIs. :)
I've been browsing on the AviSynth wiki while I was installing it and it indeed seems to be quite steep! :? :)
Perhaps we'll discuss the details of my AVIs via PM to not clutter this thread? Check your inbox :)

Well, I think we can all agree those timers on Adobe Media Encoder are fairly screwed up now.
Wait... now that I think of it, if we join the AVI parts before feeding them into DVDLab Pro, this means I can still create my own chapters and subtitles... Okay, I'm going to crank up the volume then.

My first 'chapter' was from the start until the titles (05m24). That took 54min even though Encoder estimated 3hrs.
On to the next then :)

Yes; your video will be encoded all in one piece, so you do not need to render from your NLE in chapters; export several large pieces if you really cannot export your video all in one go. The render times that you were talking about were far too long, even for an old computer, so I suspect that something is wrong with it.

I'm planning on upgrading my hardware, but not until after my first edit is completed and released, just to be on the safe side. I probably need to defragment again as well, since that hasn't happened in ages, but I doubt how much of an improvement that could be.

Back
Top Bottom