• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Silent Hill: Restless Dreams (New HD Version)

edit0r

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Currently working on....
Silent Hill: Restless Dreams HD (nearing completion)

Oh hell yes!!!
I hope this comes out sooner rather than later. The last one was, safe for Adeleide Clemens, pretty horrible.

shoobiedoobin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do you really want to push away what little community you have? Lay off it, I just asked if anyone could seed this since it doesn't exist. You should want me to ask this, how the hell else are you going to maintain a community if no one watches these?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Since you didn't read the rules (again), allow me to quote them for your convenience.

4. File Hosting Availability. It is 100% up to the editor to decide where to host their fanedits. Fanedit.org does not mandate where fanedits are uploaded to because that is not the business of the site, but the business of the individuals uploading.

The Internet Fanedit Database hosts information for all approved fanedits through the years of fanedit.org. Some of these fanedits are very old and may no longer be available. This is a sad thing, but it’s part of the facts of life. Do not get upset or discouraged if a fanedit you want to see is offline.

If a fanedit is offline, please first review the forum thread for the edit to see if the editor has posted information about this. Then check the Trades and Requests Forum to see if anybody has already brought the issue up. If nobody has mentioned it, you are free to send a private message to the faneditor or start a new thread in the Trades and Requests Forum.

Do not post things such as “Can somebody send me the links for this fanedit?” in a thread not in the Trades and Requests Forum. Posts like that will be deleted and the users will be redirected to the Trades and Requests Forum and these Rules.

Posting “This fanedit is offline” or “The links are down :(“ in an edit’s discussion thread is highly discouraged. Instead of doing that, send a PM to the editor or go to the Trades and Request Forum to see if some kind soul has reuploaded the fanedit.

And more importantly...

VI. INFRACTIONS

If you choose not to understand and follow the rules of this website, or any direct ruling or orders from a site administrator or moderator, you will receive the following, depending on the nature of the violation.

1. An official warning from a site administrator or moderator. Basically telling you to straighten up, or risk receiving an infraction.

2. An infraction. Infractions will be given to your user account, and will stay there for between 30 to 90 days, based on the type of infraction, and will then expire at the end of that time period.

Warnings are slaps on the wrist and do not go on your permanent record. Infractions expire after a certain period of time, depending on the violation. Minor infractions expire after 30 days, medium infractions expire after 60 days and serious infractions expire after 90 days.

Infractions carry the following punishments:

1 Infraction: This is basically a second warning shot, and will have no effect on your ability to use the site and forum.
2 Infractions: You will automatically be banned from the site and forum for 1 week. You will only be able to contact site administrators for that week.
3 Infractions: You will automatically be banned from the site and forum for 1 month. Again, you will only be able to contact site administrators for that month.
4 Infractions: Game over man. You will be permanently banned from the site and forum.

In serious cases you can be automatically banned from the site.

Do not fret if you receive a warning or one (1) infraction. Just re-read the rules and straighten up and you will be fine. The best way to not get temporarily banned after receiving 1 infraction is to re-read the rules and learn from your mistakes.

If you feel that you have incorrectly received an infraction, contact reave or another site admin or mod, and we will review your infraction.

Consider this your official warning.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
u5Y8v81.jpg

Could it be? An HD version of Silent Hill: Restless Dreams? Yes! You are correct!

The intent and execution are largely the same as the original version, with the following differences:

- The story is now completely chronological. No flashback.
- Title moved to the end of the film.
- New color effects added to fog world and otherworld scenes (just like Silent Hill: Homecoming).
- All voice-over removed from the Alessa info dump at the end of the film. The images MORE than speak for themselves.
- The film has only one ending: Rose driving away into the fog, the "Grey" ending from the original edit. This way it's left up to the viewer whether she gets out or not, and leaves a small thread dangling that allows for the existence of the sequel without forcing it on anyone.
- New credits music.

It will be available in MP4 and BD-25 formats. I've done all the proper submissions, but if anyone would like links sooner, just drop me a line and they're all yours.

Cheers! :D

EDIT: Nevermind, got it!

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi Aztek463, I have a question about this. Does this new version replace your earlier edit or do you want this to be separate? Here are a couple examples of what faneditors have done in the past:

Braveheart Elerslie Edition - A new version in HD was created that replaced the older version. There is no information page for the first version of the edit.

Return of the Jedi Spence Edit - His "final cut" version was a new fanedit that stood separate from his original edit. As you can see, there are IFDB pages for both versions.

There is no specific way that the Admins prefer and we let the faneditors choose which option. If you choose to replace the old version all your original reviews will remain in place and a note will be put on the IFDB page saying that the edit was revised on such-and-such date and earlier reviews refer to the previous edition. If you want them to both exist a note will be put on the page that this is an updated version of your earlier edit and will link to it.

Does that make sense? Let me know what you want.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good, question, [MENTION=9578]Neglify[/MENTION]. Let's have this go ahead and replace the old version. This is my definitive vision, after all. So, I'll go with the first option then. :D

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sounds good. It will still be treated like a front page new release so that more people know it was updated. Maybe I should finally check this one out, juice told me it was one of his favorite edits (IIRC).

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You totally should check it out! It's only 90 minutes (give or take) of your time. Not like you have anything better to do. :p

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Too busy watching ADigitalMan's prequel edits. But it's on my list most definitely.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I need to rewatch those. Those were damn good edits.

Menbailee

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am so very happy you removed Alessa's voiceover. That was always one of the most wince-inducing parts of the movie, and the solution of letting the images speak for themselves is delightfully obvious. I'm not sure if putting the flashback into chronological order is too vital a change, and I liked having multiple endings to a Silent Hill film, but I'm looking forward to getting a BluRay burner so that I can update my definitive version of this movie.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Honestly Menbailee, part of the reason I kept one ending is because I'm still learning the ropes of Blu-ray authoring, so I didn't want to bollocks anything up. Plus, I like the ambiguity of the ending. :D

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So,
no dog ending in this one either? :-(

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Threads merged.

Aztek463, if you could update the first post with relevant information, it would be appreciated.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Consider it done, Mr Frink sir!

Top Bottom