• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Siege & Snake A Double Feature edit of Assault on Precinct 13 & Escape from New-York

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
When i came up with my Carpenter, Argento and Cronenberg idea's i already started the thread of The Hills & Inferno
Mostly i don't edit in the weekends because my girlfriend wants to do some shopping and some other boring shit, so i go with her because she likes (strange enough) the company and i think you must pay some attention to the woman and she likes to talk to people, buying clothes enz
But at that time i wanna shoot myself because that buying of clothes is so fucking long and a complete waste of time.
But last weekend she was sick, a little flu i guess and i was acting that i feel terrible for her, but forget it!
I was free to edit man and after i give her some medicine and tea i locked myself up in my cinema workroom i started to work on:

Assault on precinct 13.

I wanna do this first, i also work on Hills & Inferno but that i'll do in the nightshifts

Assault and Escape from New-York

Man, it brings a lot of memories these movies, i was a very young kid when this hits the theater.
It was fantastic that Carpenter stuff, the music of Assault it was going for days in my mind, the acting, that widescreen of 2.35.1 (my favorite ratio)
A few years later Escape from New-York i saw it 5 times in nearly two weeks, absolute great, the action , the music, the huge tits of Adrienne Barbeau
Man it was great in that time

But now the edits:

Siege aka Assault:

I made a rough cut of 63 minutes in the last 3 days
The music stays the same (OF COURSE) but at some scenes a little overdub of the same soundtrack

The most important cuts:

There is no time in this cut like that AM and PM shit that is cut
Opening scene is a little trimmed and there are new credits

LT Ethan Bishop walking down the streets to his car is cut, after the blood oath i go straight to the commission that he must go to division 13
When Starker walks in the prison i cut straight to Napoleon Wilson so the other inmates are cut
After they walk out of the prison you see them all but that scene in between is cut
I think That Wilson is the main character in this so that is the reason

Wilson:

A great performance of the late Darwin Joston but in this cut i made him more silent
He has his charisma like in the original but what i was trying to do was that he still is a cold blooded killer
So there some cuts in dialogue

Dialogue in the bus between Starker and Wilson is cut

The ice cream man is watching in the original the gang members
Well, not in this cut, he is taken by surprise
The shooting of the little girl is more to the point, all the dialogue and scenes before that scene of the father and daughter is cut

Here and there some trims of course in the whole movie

The Escape cuts are coming up when i start to work on it

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice. This is one Double Feature I'm definitely looking forward to.

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Working at the moment on a rough cut of Escape from new-york aka Snake

This cut runs now about 70 minutes

Other credits, opening scene is trimmed
When Snake Plissken is flying to the world trade center is in this cut a lot faster then in the original
Chock full o'nuts is trimmed
In the basement some scenes are cut
Cutting in dialogue
Scenes with the cab are cut
Season Hubley is cut out
This is a nice action cut the way i look at it now
But as a whole there is lot of work to do but i have a great time with this:)

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Assault aka Siege cut is finished
It was a hell of a job to cut this in the way i wanted it to be, but at the end i had a good feeling of this cut
Next week i put my hands on the rough cut of Escape
The running time of Siege is approx 61 minutes

I think this first John Carpenter Double feature is ready in February

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The rough cut of Escape is cleaned up
Total running time of both movies is approx 129 minutes
The Siege about 61 and Snake around 68 minutes
So the editing is done, this week i work on the music

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
By the end of the week this cut is finished
I release this together with my Lone Wolf cut on friday
Well, i hope the Carpenter freaks likes it, for me it was a real pleasure to work on this
Now i go further with my The Hills & Inferno cut, and after that it's time for my Halloween & The Fog Double Feature

testingfazed

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought I was interested in this edit but then you went and wrote "Halloween & The Fog"!!!

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
??? Halloween and The Fog is the second Carpenter DF after The Siege and Snake
The Titles are "The Shape and Ghosts"

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think what he meant to say is he's even more excited for your Halloween/Fog double feature.

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ohhh Sorry about that, well, if everything goes well "The Shape" and "Ghosts" are released in March.
I work on that together with my Hostel cut
Last night i finished the "Siege and Snake" cut and i saw it on my big screen
It looks great in quality, the sound is AC 3 and it runs 2 hours and 9 minutes

I did some more cuts / changes in this DF:

I already said that i made Wilson more the silent type, so in this cut there is no "Do you have a smoke"
I have something with that "well known lines" in movies they belong to the originals so to make the edit "different" i cut that always out.
I did that with Scarface: "Say hello to my little friend" Terminator: "I'll be back" and so on
In the original of Assault the ice cream man sees the gangmembers but i think it works better if they follow him and he is taken by surprise so i recut the whole scene with the killing of the little girl.
There was some problem with the fact that he turns off the music of the ice cream car (that scene is cut) but after i used the following scenes you don't here that irritating bell tune.
In this cut the bell tune is still "on the air" i re - recorded the tune on a seperate track so the killing is now more "sick" when
Doubleday shot the girl and the ice cream man you still here that happy tune.
There are some music tracks of Escape in this cut and there is some music of Assault in Escape
At the end of Escape the president plays the tape and everybody knows that it's the wrong tape
A great scene after i watched it so many times but i hate that Boogie Woogie shit so there is a scene in the cab of Cabbie that he owns a lot more tapes so i decided to make that scene a little different in audio

Well, that's it, i upload this cut today on Mega (4.40 GB) and i put it friday on the IFDB

RollWave

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ah ok, I misunderstood the title at first, thought you were doing a mashup, combining the two flicks into one. Not sure how that would have worked but was interested enough to click the thread to find out.

This looks cool too. :)

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
There is no way to put this two movies together in one story
From my point it all works well with Terminator, Halloween: The Devils Eyes and my last cut Lone Wolf, de upcoming Hostel cut because there is a way in those movies from the point where the original ends you go further with the second cut

My only mistake was Robocop the extreme edition when i look at it now i think it was better to make a double feature of it
instead of put those two together
The idea's of DF was coming up after that and to "remake" it well, i don't know....:-(

CarnivrousFish

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know this thread is 5 years old but if anyone has a download link I would greatly appreciate it!

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@CarnivrousFish please take a moment to review the forum rules. These are located at the top of every forum page.
rules.PNG

Specifics about requesting edits can be found here.

If you have any questions about any of our rules please PM a staff member. Thanks!

Top Bottom