• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Show you loved that ended way too soon

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
oh! remember a couple more....

Misfits of Science
The Cape
Secret Adventures of Jules Verne
:D

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
emphatic said:
I think My Name Is Earl got a little old in the end, and actually think Raising Hope is way funnier.
I felt that while Earl slumped a little near the end of it's run, it was really getting back on track when it got cancelled. The whole Earl-in-a-coma arc really killed the momentum of the show and probably lost them viewers who never came back.

And I'll add another one to my list, something I didn't think I'd enjoy but did...Outsourced.

maxgremlin

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Firefly of course. But one that to this day inspires great ire in me towards Fox is Space:Above and beyond. Though it had a rough start it eventually found its stride and many of the episodes I consider some of the best Sci-Fi ever done on television. But despite making a big initial investment in the show Fox tried to sabotage the show by jacking it all over its schedule and not promoting it. At the end of the last episode the producers put the letters AMF under there credits. AMF was a phrase used to get around saying actual curse words . It stood for adios mother f&@cker. I share that sentiment completely.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Space Above And Beyond was awesome. :thumb:

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
+1 on Mr. Show.

Also, The State.

spelledaren

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
B-BoB:

But Angel had like the best ending ever.

The armies of Hell descending upon you? What to do? Decide you want to kill the dragon they got of course!

And besides that it was continued in the comic book form...and some of that is pretty awesome.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
spelledaren said:
B-BoB:

But Angel had like the best ending ever.

The armies of Hell descending upon you? What to do? Decide you want to kill the dragon they got of course!

And besides that it was continued in the comic book form...and some of that is pretty awesome.

Oh I am not disagreeing.

The ending was brilliant and perfectly fit the tone of the series.

I just feel the show still had tons of life in it, many more tales to tell...
Could have easily run another couple of seasons....

Whedon and team had the whole next season already mapped out when they got the cancellation order, and had to scramble to restructure the final couple of episodes to give the audience some closure.

Though I suppose it is better to go out at the top of your game....;-)

I read the first volume for Angel After the Fall, but I found it just did not engage me the way the show did and never finished the series.

nightstalkerpoet

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Firefly, October Road, and Reunion. Also... if the OC hadn't killed off Marissa, I think it could've gone on a few seasons more. Taylor just didn't cut it...

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Surprised, has no mentioned CRUSADE?

Conflict between JMS and network suits basically led to this show being cancelled before even airing!
Too bad, this looked like it had great potential as a B5 spin-off, particularly if you read the many online articles about the proposed long term arc for the show.

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I loved, loved, loved John Doe. The cancellation of that show was the start of my hatred toward Fox. +1 for Daybreak, Alcatraz, Lie To Me, Dark Skies and many others already mentioned.

I could have also kept watching 24. Though this may come under "a little too soon" as opposed to "way to soon".

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watching the new CBS series VEGAS, makes me miss Michael Mann's CRIME STORY.

One of the best cop shows EVER!

Only two seasons, a cliffhanger ending and no closure.

Still absolutely stunning epic television! Highly recommended!!!

emphatic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Some more from me then:

Terriers
Deadwood
Happytown
Human Target

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Invasion and Surface. I was really enjoying them too. :)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
oh yeah, HUMAN TARGET!!!

That was a great, old skool action show!

Both the Rick Springfield version and the recent remake, were awesome!!!

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Flight of the Conchords.

baileym43

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs.
off the top of my head, that's all i can think of that hasn't already been mentioned. there are some great short lived shows listed here.

leeroy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
garth marenghi's darkplace
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0397150/

only one series made (6 episodes) and a spinoff but it's one of the best uk comedy shows in recent years, it has such a small but cult following. just wish we had another series so we could have more of this :D

[video=youtube_share;GjOEcoMy2fI]

Top Bottom