• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

She-Hulk in Marvel tv-series

That just doesn't line up with available evidence and I am not sure why you're insisting so without backing that up.
Yikes. I guess I just assumed people following in a She-Hulk thread were aware of the big She-Hulk news? The trailer was a pretty big snafu for Marvel, and the info about it was widely reported. Didn't realize I'd need to "back it up" to prove anything to anyone?
Where are you getting the idea that something was changed?
But since the tone of your comments reads to me somewhere between aggressive, offended, and aggressively offended here ya go, the top 3 lines of Google articles:
The Direct, CBR.com, GameRant, etc. By all means, don't take my word for it.
Yeah, and even then it's just the same trailer just in better quality.
I didn't mean to imply they cut a whole new trailer with different scenes. They simply improved the CG.

I didn't research this extensively before posting or anything, just read a couple of articles. They reported the trailer was replaced. I did not scour Youtube to ensure that all channels had only the new version. Sorry if I overstated the case. I didn't think it would be a big deal, as the key point being discussed was that the CG didn't look great. Guess I underestimated how important a detail I was referencing?

Really? I thought that had plenty of cheap obvious CG. Case in point the alleyway scene with Goblin, Dafoe's head looked photoshopped on. Either that or the costume is just badly made...
I was pretty impressed by a lot of the CG in the theater. I do find that watching stuff on my computer at home, I tend to notice the CG a lot more. Looking at your clip here, I think I get what you mean. I'm like 85% sure Dafoe is actually wearing that costume, I think maybe the weird 'clipped-out' effect around his head is due to background replacement? As he shifts around, it might be really noticeable, because I think he's not actually in that alley. The filming for No Way Home was very isolated due to COVID, lots of shots with nobody else in them, the actors not actually near each other on set, or even on the same set, etc.

You said they replaced the trailer and the only one available was a new one. On their YouTube channel they didn't. It's debatable whether the Disney+ trailer is updated or simply higher quality and I'm not interested in that debate. The original is available.

I'm not offended, I'm annoyed by misinformation. That has been cleared up now though.

I started off the misinformation by not paying attention to who posted the so-called "new trailer" on youtube. That's cleared-up.

Let's move on. I don't want anyone here to be/get/stay angry. I don't like you when you're angry! ;)

Yay! Marvel's official updated trailer is here:

and they added a short featurette as too:

I like the humor. +
She breaks the fourth wall. ++
I like the narrative balance between superhero and "normal" life. +
CGI is better than trailer v1 but still not perfect. ~

....that awkward moment when the best part of your whole trailer is half of a shot of a character cameo from another series...

New spot with a better look at Daredevil's Yellow costume.

Well, first episode dropped today and went by a bit too fast. It's like they wanted to cut the origin to the bare minimum and get it over with. Problem is, the origin was most of the episode............

As for the CG, I thought Shulkie looked good but man Hulk looked bad.

Also, did anyone else noticed the poor editing in the final fight scene?

I didn't know Mid-Season Trailers are a thing, but here you go:

WOOO! MATT MURDOCK!!!

4ef8026615bd6fb9dc8422d54eb4f2c2fe2c08df.gifv

SHE-HULK SMASH FOURTH WALL!!!

Just watched the season finale, and I loved it!

For me, this show succeeds in every way that Moon Knight failed.
It stayed true to the spirit of the source material and was genuinely smart and funny.

...oh and K.E.V.I.N. !!!! It all makes sense now.... 😁 😂 🤣😂

So I watched the first episode and right away thought "Okay, I get what they're doing, and it seems like I'm not the target audience for this." Fair play, I want Marvel to dive into more varied tones, but I am a fan of the She-Hulk comics, and never once while reading them did I feel like I was watching Legally Blonde or Ally McBeal. That said, I fought to keep an open mind until the end.

I finally caught up with the series and I have to say they totally lost me with the last episode and a half. For such a lighthearted show, to make the ultimate conflict about releasing a sex tape of She-Hulk and doxxing her, it seemed really ultra-dark and jarring. Then, after writing themselves into a corner, they just use wish-fulfillment to skip past the mechanics of resolving any plotlines or explaining anything. It seemed like supremely lazy writing to me.

No harm if anyone found this creative, but I just found a lot of it mean-spirited and full of misplaced jibes. Jokes at the expense of Marvel's overburdened visual effects artists? Straw man arguments? I dunno, I felt like everyone should go rewatch Orphan Black instead.

I found the season uneven but enjoyable. The episodes focusing on Wong's squabbling with the magician, Blonsky's retreat, and Jen and Matt vs. Frog Man were super fun. The wedding episode, on the other hand, was wretched, and the finale, though certainly interesting and unexpected, wasn't a satisfying or summative conclusion to the season. And while I'm sure that Dating is Hard for Everyone, the show really leaned hard on the baffling notion that a beautiful, thin, charming lawyer like Tatiana Maslany is just too much of an awkward, homely klutz to meet a decent bloke. It might have been genuinely fascinating if they had cast a not-attractive actress in the part, but I still look forward to seeing Maslany bring a goofy, everywoman flavor to an Avengers team.

(But I'm still totally confused on just what Wong is doing picking Blonsky up from jail again at the end??)

S1 grade: B

And while I'm sure that Dating is Hard for Everyone, the show really leaned hard on the baffling notion that a beautiful, thin, charming lawyer like Tatiana Maslany is just too much of an awkward, homely klutz to meet a decent bloke.
Because this is primarily operating as a Rom-Com, or at least adjacent to it. Same struggles that Jennifers Aniston, Lopez, Garner, etc have, only here, it's added to because literally no guy worth noticing by any woman in the series is not villainous, except fantasy rom-com unavailable man, Matt Murdock. This is just operating on a whole different level beyond reason and story-plotting, which is why nobody seems to care about that final stinger where now everyone is breaking the fourth wall.

^ Bruce, Wong, and Pug aren't villainous, though Bruce is a bit dickish in parts of the first episode. And Pug is so handsome and nice that I kept wondering why he and Jen weren't interested in each other. Not that every attractive straight guy is into every attractive straight woman, so I'm not saying he should have been identified as gay or already partnered, but a scene of them, say, talking and realizing they don't have much in common (maybe he's a serious sports fan, and is only looking for the same, or something) would have been nice. Ya know, character stuff. :p

(And again, I'm not even sure if Blonsky is supposed to still be villainous?)

I didn't say every guy is villainous, I said "no guy worth noticing by any woman in the series". Unlike in the comics, where She-Hulk faces specific Big Bads, the enemy in the show is just (spoiler?) MEN. From the first episode to the last, the thrust of the whole show is written as 'men can't stand a powerful woman and have to control her'. Bruce is treated that way. Sure, he's nice and does it out of concern, but instead of being treated as someone who can be a mentor and guide, the show writes him as a mansplainer and an obstacle, trying to get Jen to do things HE wants instead of what she wants. Then in Mary Sue fashion (and god I hate to use all this terminology which sounds so toxic and dismissive, but it is shorthand everyone knows) Jen is immediately as good at all the Hulking as Bruce, despite having one day of experience to his 15 years. It portrays him as just needing to step out of the way and let her do her thing.

Wong, while a pain in the ass for Jen and an obstacle, is not outright villainous... but he's also somebody not worth noticing. He's not someone to pursue romantically or to pal around with or to ask for mentorship or advice. Similarly, Pug is this really nice, handsome, resourceful guy that inexplicably no woman on the show notices, except when they need him to go do douchey guy stuff. The women on the show are allowed to have multiple levels and to be allies and rivals, but the men are written as obstacles (again, except for Prince Charming, Matt. And Cap, too, another unavailable fantasy.) It conforms to most of the rom-com tropes, only with the amped-up misandry you see from some female comics recently.

And there's totally an audience for that kind of gratification, I get it, but I think that answers lots of "why" questions in the script that otherwise have no particular rhyme or reason. The plot logic is not the point, the emotional logic of Jen taking back control of her life from MEN is the point. It's literally the first episode and the last, where she actually dictates her own fate to Kevin Feige, and decides that Matt doesn't get to go off and have his life, she's going to magic her unavailable man into a family gathering he'd otherwise never be at. Pure wish fulfillment.

Back
Top Bottom