- Reaction score
- Trophy Points
An extended edition of sorts, its just over 5 minutes longer than the theatrical cut, but a few scenes have been replaced including the opening and the ending.
There has been a prologue added with the Wizard Shazam, along with some new logos to transition into an alternate intro to young Sivana. The biggest loss here is John Glover as his father, as I loved him generally in Gremlins 2. The role was filmed with some other guy in the alt version. The later confrontation with his father is also replaced.
- Added DC film intro, borrowed from Justice League but replaced score with the Superman/Flash race track
- Added prologue with Wizard Shazam
- Added new opening titles for Warner Bros/New Line
- Replaced young Sivana intro with alternate version at Christmas lunch instead of a car
- Added Billy on the subway giving his stolen sandwich to a lady, and practising what he is going to say to his mother
- Cut shot of Billy talking to himself outside Rachel Batson's house, instead it transitions from the subway to the flashback
- Added Billy trying to sneak out, disabling the alarms
- Added Darla showing Billy her locker, with an alternate version of him telling her he's not her brother
- Cut theatrical version of Billy telling Darla they aren't siblings, and Freddy consoling her
- Replaced Sivana confronting his father in the company boardroom, instead now at a Christmas party at his childhood home
- Added Darla seeing Freddy being given a wedgie after Billy doesn't show up for lunch
- Added the Shazam Family sitting on the thrones in the Wizard's realm
- Replaced Superman lunch with the kids getting a big Chistmas tree for the family, followed by them hearing crime is happening, and transforming and flying off
- New post credits scene...?
Time cut: 13 Minutes
Time added: 18 Minutes
Theatrical Cut : 2:11:43
Marvelous Edition: 2:17:30