• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Shazam! Marvelous Edition

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
G425xyr.png

An extended edition of sorts, its just over 5 minutes longer than the theatrical cut, but a few scenes have been replaced including the opening and the ending.

There has been a prologue added with the Wizard Shazam, along with some new logos to transition into an alternate intro to young Sivana. The biggest loss here is John Glover as his father, as I loved him generally in Gremlins 2. The role was filmed with some other guy in the alt version. The later confrontation with his father is also replaced.

CHANGELIST

- Added DC film intro, borrowed from Justice League but replaced score with the Superman/Flash race track
- Added prologue with Wizard Shazam
- Added new opening titles for Warner Bros/New Line
- Replaced young Sivana intro with alternate version at Christmas lunch instead of a car
- Added Billy on the subway giving his stolen sandwich to a lady, and practising what he is going to say to his mother
- Cut shot of Billy talking to himself outside Rachel Batson's house, instead it transitions from the subway to the flashback
- Added Billy trying to sneak out, disabling the alarms
- Added Darla showing Billy her locker, with an alternate version of him telling her he's not her brother
- Cut theatrical version of Billy telling Darla they aren't siblings, and Freddy consoling her
- Replaced Sivana confronting his father in the company boardroom, instead now at a Christmas party at his childhood home
- Added Darla seeing Freddy being given a wedgie after Billy doesn't show up for lunch
- Added the Shazam Family sitting on the thrones in the Wizard's realm
- Replaced Superman lunch with the kids getting a big Chistmas tree for the family, followed by them hearing crime is happening, and transforming and flying off
- New post credits scene...?

Time cut: 13 Minutes
Time added: 18 Minutes

Theatrical Cut : 2:11:43
Marvelous Edition: 2:17:30

8XGLkck.png

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just watched the theatrical version and enjoyed it for the most part, but the parts that pulled me out of the movie weren't any of the ridiculous comic book stuff, but the stuff that was supposed to be mundane.
What kind of school is this? It looks like Kindergarten all the way through high school?
The "bullies" are criminals. They just ran into a disabled kid with their truck in front of the school with hundreds of witnesses, and nobody does anything except Billy, who takes a couple of swings. Why were the authorities not called? This was vehicular assault.
I was very confused by everything involving Billy's mom. Apparently she was 17 in the opening scene when Billy was 4 years old, so she must have had him when she was 13? This really was a surprise, because they made no effort at all to make her look any different from her as a 27-year-old woman at the end. And somehow the police, even knowing Billy's full name, are unable to track down his mom, whose name would be on his birth certificate so there would be no confusion about who she was, even though she was apparently still in the same city?
I'm not sure if any of this can really be fixed in editing, but anything you could do to clean it up would be great.

ccateni

Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
I just watched the theatrical version and enjoyed it for the most part, but the parts that pulled me out of the movie weren't any of the ridiculous comic book stuff, but the stuff that was supposed to be mundane.
What kind of school is this? It looks like Kindergarten all the way through high school?
The "bullies" are criminals. They just ran into a disabled kid with their truck in front of the school with hundreds of witnesses, and nobody does anything except Billy, who takes a couple of swings. Why were the authorities not called? This was vehicular assault.
I was very confused by everything involving Billy's mom. Apparently she was 17 in the opening scene when Billy was 4 years old, so she must have had him when she was 13? This really was a surprise, because they made no effort at all to make her look any different from her as a 27-year-old woman at the end. And somehow the police, even knowing Billy's full name, are unable to track down his mom, whose name would be on his birth certificate so there would be no confusion about who she was, even though she was apparently still in the same city?
I'm not sure if any of this can really be fixed in editing, but anything you could do to clean it up would be great.

1. Edit some of the scenes where the ages look off.
2. Remove the bullies and have something like Billy running away from the police or something like that to get to him getting his powers.
3. Remove references to age of billy's mom or change it with dialogue.
These are not the greatest ideas, but they should be some ideas on how to fix these issues.

SRANJX

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched that in theatres back in 2019. I am so excited to watch this version!!!

jovanmunja

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Will you do an extended of the sequel? It has 31 minutes of deleted/extended/alternate scenes featured on digital.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is there much interest in doing a 4k version of this? I got a UHD drive recently and remade this cut in 4k, but don't know if there's much point in releasing a 4k version.

I'm also doing more of a purist cut, with John Glover back as Sivanna's father, and the Superman ending to line up with the sequel, so you'll have an option to lead into Fury of the Gods.

Will you do an extended of the sequel? It has 31 minutes of deleted/extended/alternate scenes featured on digital.

Let's just say, something is cooking...

shazam-dc.gif

Top Bottom