• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SG1 Finale

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
im in bits right now, just watching the season 10 finale (again) and im crying my eyes out (again). i know im a big fan but this is beyond belief, the final episode just jars me to a point that im almost breaking down. is it just me? or is this a particularly powerful episode?

im alright til the montage kicks in and that song plays (what is it btw) and then i just go to pieces!! i know i love the characters and the universe that this series is set in but what im feeling is just way over the top for a tv show that im kinda into and it just doesn't make sense. it happened with 'conspiracy theory' as well, when the end credits rolled i was just so overwhelmed it wasnt true, is this normal cos the emotional rollercoaster is one hell of a ride!?!? [/i]

voodl

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I havent seen any of episodes......

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
even more shame then :lol: it was a great show!

so anyone who has seen this, any thoughts?

beckmen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, it's pretty sad that it's (almost) over. You could say they had 10 good years, but then I would channel Ted Stevens and shout "NO!!!" and say that the past two seasons were a new show (the producers wanted to change the name, even) so it really only had 2 seasons. I would have loved to have seen a nice, solid 5-year Ori arc. More Mitchell, more Vala. Even if the remaining members of SG-1 eventually left the show.

I have been watching the DVDs. I finished Line in the Sand a few hours ago. Between the DVDs and the DST toys, I am in full Stargate mode right now.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
never knew they were thinking about a name change! i must say i was sad to see jack go but mitchell and vala were great replacements! i absolutely loved farscape (i think poss my fave SF show of all time) so when i found out they were coming to Sg1 i was ecstatic. unfortunately, it seems, they are show killers :(

still we have the two movies to look forward to which i am keeping a close eye on.

so what were your thoughts on the finale? i know the time dilation story has been done before (quite a few times in fact) but for me there really was something special about the episode and the way the characters developed while trapped.

if danial and vala do not get it together in one of the new movies im gonna personally do a drive-by on the entire production staff.

beckmen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The finale had it's moments, but I didn't think it was great. I dunno, I will have to get back to you in a few days when I see it again. Haven't seen it in a while, and it was only the one time.

The movies have been pushed back AGAIN, did you see that? Spring, 2008 for The Ark of Truth!!

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i guess im in the minority then as after reading through a few SG1 forums quite a few other people didnt like it either. :-(

as regards to the movies im just glad thye're being made at all, i remember being so pissed off when i found out Sci-Fi hadn't picked up farscape for a new season (hence it being canned) and then had to wait i dunno how many months til it was rvealed that they were gonna finish it off properly (or at lest as properly as they could) with a mini series.

the extra wait still sucks balls though!

P

Peter von Frosta

I was a bit disappointed by the finale. Actually by the whole season. They could just had left out all the boring standalone episode and finish the story-arc.
They did the same mistake as the Veronica Mars writers, letting the fans hanging at the end with no real conclusion (yet). Direct-to-DVD movies are not the same, they are always different in terms of pacing and storytelling.

beckmen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You know, having seen Unending again...I DO like it. The age make-up almost single-handedly ruins it, but there's still some great scenes. Stuff that I would never expect to actually like, such as that one montage with the classic rock song, etc. So much emotion in the episode, it's crafted really well. Depressing to watch, which is why I made sure to save both 200 and Dominion until AFTER I had seen Unending. So I would 'go out' on a lighter note. But yeah, that age make-up....yuck. Even RC Cooper admits it was bad, but by the time he saw it, it was too late to do anything.

Anybody else fanedit the episodes a bit? Basically, all I do is combine the two-parters (and three-parters) into movies, removing the "to be continued" parts, moving the credits up to the beginning, and removing the credits from the second part. No way to get rid of the on screen credits, though. But it's still fun to watch the seamless 'movies'.

I also made a fanedit of Citizen Joe that removes Joe's story (goes from the end of the tease to the final act when it resumes where the tease left off in O'Neill's house), cut the clips out of the clip-shows, made a Flesh and Blood EE (used all of the 'Ori Incursion' footage from Camelot, but none of the 'searching for the Sangraal' scenes...and then it segues into Flesh and Blood...about an 55 minutes long or something), and 'fixed' 200...because for some reason the "Act three just ends!" part fades to black and then comes right back in, when the intention is a hard cut and then about a second or two of black to 'sell' the joke before fading back in and resuming the episode. So I fixed that.

P

Peter von Frosta

Funny thing is, they made a very cool age make-up for O'Neill in the first season, which was way superior to this one.
However, this wasn't the thing that made the episode unwatchable to me. I just thought the story is a mix of been-there-done-that elements that really didn't server well as a series finale.

jackizmack

Reaction score
Trophy Points
SG-1 Season 9 and 10 suck.

And it doesn't star "Mcguyver"...Its Richard Dean Anderson, not his alter ego from his 80's action show...

Season 9 starts out nice in the 1st two episodes then I'm not sure what the hell happens...and Season 10 is a complete joke. Most of the episodes are "in-house" with alot of of footage being reused (like every shot of the Diadelius doing a fly by) cuz there was no budget and the story lines go to hell. It turned into a weird parody of itself...

...it was a sad ending for perhaps one of the finest Sci-fi shows to ever hit the air...

Top Bottom